Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: License Please?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Nasrudith
Here's something odd. A fake SIN cannot obtain a legal license. (Yes techincally anything done using an illegal SIN is illegal. ) They have to buy one instead. Why is that? Does getting the licenese require extensive legal searching to see if the SIN is legit?

Also what does a say a SINner have to go through to get a legitimate license. How long would it take for say someone who found out they were awakened to get a spellcasting license?
hobgoblin
probably a matrix-call to the local lone star office, a background check and maybe a visit by the resident mage, astraly, if it have anything to do with magic.

unless there is some waiting period for the item in question (i find that unlikely at that would affect the big guys ability to sell stuff) you should be issued a licence more or less on the spot i would guess.
booklord
I charge players for licenses if the have a valid SIN. The corps barely pay any taxes any more, so the governments got to make money where they can.

Even today most places in the US make you pay a fee if you want to buy or own a firearm, boat, car, cable TV, the list goes on.
Edward
So what do you charge for legal licenses. They don’t have a rating so rating *500 nuyen doesn’t make sense.

It would even get to the point where you might need to pay a license fee, a compulsory training course, a required medical exam, an ethical assessment (that your shore most cops should fail) and several expensive bribes before they will give you a license for city master with additional turrets.

Edward
booklord
Make something up based on the item. 100 nuyen.gif for a simple concealable hold-out pistol license to 400:nuyen: for an assault rifle. Maybe 500 nuyen.gif for commercial explosives. Instead of the 100 - 600 nuyen.gif based off the effectiveness of fake base it off what the license actually covers.
Cang
Here is a list of licences in washington, how to get them, and prices. This should give you a rough idea. licences
DireRadiant
QUOTE (Nasrudith)
Also what does a say a SINner have to go through to get a legitimate license. How long would it take for say someone who found out they were awakened to get a spellcasting license?

I'd just have it be considered part of the lifestyle cost for anything legal and unrestricted.
Shadowmeet
I agree with Dire. Those licenses, plus any for employment, maybe a firearm or concealed carry, would probably be included in lifestyle cost for a SINner
neon_samurai
The real question is, "Do you want a gun, that might be used in a crime, licensed to your legal SIN?"

>>NEON SAMURAI strikes again..........<<
booklord
The real question is, "Do you want a gun, that might be used in a crime, licensed to your legal SIN?"

>>NEON SAMURAI strikes again..........<<

No but I could always try to use my fake SIN to apply legally for a license.

Actually that brings up something that bugs me. If your SIN fails and is flagged as fake, all your licenses become worthless. But what happens if your license is proven to be fake?

I see either 2 possibilities. ( random chance of each )
1) The SIN is proven to be fake at the same time. Possible since any failed license could result in a more thorough SIN check.
2) The fake SIN now has a criminal complaint against it for possession of a fake license.

Either way getting caught with a fake license is bad for your fake SIN.
Geekkake
QUOTE (booklord)
No but I could always try to use my fake SIN to apply legally for a license.

Actually that brings up something that bugs me. If your SIN fails and is flagged as fake, all your licenses become worthless. But what happens if your license is proven to be fake?

I see either 2 possibilities. ( random chance of each )
1) The SIN is proven to be fake at the same time. Possible since any failed license could result in a more thorough SIN check.
2) The fake SIN now has a criminal complaint against it for possession of a fake license.

Either way getting caught with a fake license is bad for your fake SIN.

I'd say it's the latter option. However, if a warrant is served on that fake SIN, it may cause further investigation, which may compromise the SIN itself. Nevertheless, you'll want to jettison the damned thing anyway, and get a new one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012