Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Briefcase Smart Gun, Think Sentry Turret from Perfect Dark
WhiskeyMac
post Jul 14 2006, 07:45 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,789

So, how would one go about creating a Perfect Dark style briefcase gun sentry turret? I was thinking a miniaturized smart firing platform combined with an SMG and a belt or two of ammo. What about you guys? I'm thinking classic Perfect Dark for the N64, by the way.

And another quick question: If I was to use a Sakura Fubuki with Stick-n-Shock ammo, I would be doing 8S(e) per burst, right? Or would I be doing different damage?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
James McMurray
post Jul 14 2006, 07:59 PM
Post #2

Great Dragon

Member No.: 6,957

Any weapon doing a short narrow burst with stick-n-shock does 8s(e).

+Quote Post
X-Kalibur
post Jul 14 2006, 08:14 PM
Post #3

Runner

Member No.: 8,626

QUOTE (WhiskeyMac)
So, how would one go about creating a Perfect Dark style briefcase gun sentry turret? I was thinking a miniaturized smart firing platform combined with an SMG and a belt or two of ammo. What about you guys? I'm thinking classic Perfect Dark for the N64, by the way.

And another quick question: If I was to use a Sakura Fubuki with Stick-n-Shock ammo, I would be doing 8S(e) per burst, right? Or would I be doing different damage?

I don't know about a sentry gun, but in Fields of Fire or Cannon Companion (my GM has all my SR3 books, even though we do SR4 now) there was something called the Ares Executive (right?) and it was a briefcase SMG. You could either fire it from the briefcase or detach it from said briefcase in order to brace it.

+Quote Post
Shrike30
post Jul 14 2006, 08:19 PM
Post #4

Runner

Member No.: 98

Get a drone that's small enough to put into a briefcase, yet large enough to have a gun mount put onto it. Without my book here, I can't think of any that match that description off the top of my head, but since you're taking off the drivetrain and a bunch of the other nifty stuff most drones have, you should be able to argue your GM into letting you make something a little larger fit into a briefcase.

+Quote Post
Cheops
post Jul 14 2006, 09:34 PM
Post #5

Shooting Target

Member No.: 392

I think it was one of the SOTA books that had rules for spy-type stuff including miniaturizing and concealing stuff (like plastique in a spray can, bibles with storage compartments, etc). I believe they made it just a %age change for miniatrurizing and increasing the concealment so it should work for SR4.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 10:29 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.