IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Metahuman Anatomy and Physiology, the R version, or, Sex and the Single Metahuman
Kalvan
post Jul 17 2006, 02:15 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,583

Disclaimer: This document contains speculative discussion of sexual and reproductive structure and physical function, though the line is drawn at actual sex acts. If reading this is against your state/county/city/province/country's laws or your own morals or religion, then by all means click back on your browser. There now, you've been told. As far as I can tell, not even the Shadowrun novels go into any detail into them, so I don't think I am violating canon. The rest of you can highlight below to read what I've written.

QUOTE (Straight Razor Jun 30 2006 @ 10:04 PM)

do meta-human males have a Baculum?

[color=
That was the last question asked in the PG version of this thread.

This is something of a broad question. It is like asking "Do humans have blond hair or widow's peaks?"

Some Metahumans have Bacula, some don't.

Before I answer this question in full, I think I'll answer the question I'm sure most of you are already asking yourselves: What is a baculum?

It is a penis bone, found in most of Class mammalia, save Monotremes (Who completely lack all external genitalia) Delphinoid cetecians (this is the reason Orcas {Killer Whales}, Narwhals and Pilot Whales are classified with dolphins while Xiphid Whales and Pigmy Sperm Whales are classified with the rest of the toothed whales, because of the absence of the Baculum in the former and its presence in the latter) ungulates (hooved mammals), Hyenas, Cats, and among Primates Stump Tailed Macaques, Humans, and certain Metahumans.

As for which ones, read on:

Dwarves:

"It's not the cock and balls that make the man, but the tits and womb that make the woman"
-Preliminary translation of a graffito found scrawled in a recently discovered underground cave city complex in the Ural Mountains of Russia, one featuring lots of dwarven skeletal remains.

Dwarven sexual anatomy is perhaps the most unusual compared to the Human baseline.

It is rather difficult to tell the sexes apart at birth, as the infant female dwarven vulva consists of a clitoris very bit as large as a penis (Complete with a foreskin completely covering it at all angles and a urethral meatus), and a scrotum behind it indistinguishable form a male version (especially because the ovaries, like the male testes, usually have already descended to that area. In order to sex a dwarven baby, a more detailed checkup is needful. one can check behind the scrotal area for a small groove just past there (but rather further away from the anus), or one can palpatate the lower abdomen just below the navel, as the presence of the uterus is unmistakable. Said uterus is itself remarkable, as it possesses two cervical oses (a phenomenon common in marsupials, but found in other placentals only in the Xenartha (armadillos, anteaters, bullettes, and sloths) one from the vagina, and one from the-lets call it a phallus.

At puberty, it becomes much easier to tell Dwarves apart by sex: the breasts grow, to a rather obvious size (the typical Dwarf woman wears a C-Cup). That said, dwarven women also bear just as much facial and body hair as dwarven men (and there's no such thing as a naturally bare-chined adult dwarf: even among groups typically free of beards [such as American Indians or Pacific Islanders] both sexes still sport large beards) though it is usually rather finer and denser than male body and facial hair, and the phallus grows only to 4" in length and 1/2" in diameter on average at full erection.

The strangest thing about dwarven female anatomy and physiology is that the vaginal cervical os mucus plug actually thickens during the time of greatest fertility, and then thins in time for menstruation, suggesting that phallus (which does close off the urethra during arousal) is the normal recepticle for sperm. The vaginal canal slowly dilates during pregnancy, and to top it all off, both sexes have pelvises wide enough to accommodate childbirth, making it rather difficult to tell the sexes apart on skeletal differences alone (unless there is a developing fetal skeleton in the abdomen.

The Dwarven Male has only one more real difference compared the human baseline: a rather thick and long penis (7' in length and 2' in average diameter) with an unusually wide urethral meatus and process and a rather long foreskin that doesn't actually retract even at full erection. I think I can probably leave to the imagination the actual nature of the dwarven sexual-reproductive act.

Elves:

Elven sexual anatomy isn't quite as alien to the Human norm as Dwarven, but Elven physiology (particularly female) is in some ways even more so. Elven women never menstruate. I don't mean that there is a special sperethiel euphemism for the process reserved for Elven women; I mean that, aside from the tearing of the hymen, and spotting or hemhorraging due to injury or STD, the Elven female reproductive tract does not release blood. Instead, if an egg isn't fertilized at the appropriate time, the uterine lining is completely reabsorbed into the bloodstream. This means that a female Elf Poseur can easily be told by goring through her personal effects: tampons, menstrual pads, and Human formula PMS medications and birth control pills (Elven prescriptions lack the estrogen component, see below for the reason) are a dead giveaway.

But this is not the only difference between Human and Elven female physiology. Elven women can tell when they are at their most fertile by the fact that their clitoris, vulva, and g-spot swell to full engorgement for the duration in a physical arousal unmatatched by sexual desire or fantasy. Or, to put it more succinctly, they go into heat. Or, to put it more sensitively, they experience Persistant Sexual Arousal Syndrome, except that for them it isn't a syndrome or disorder, but the normal, healthy state of sexual function. This seems to be due to the relative amount of estrogen in their bloodstream, which is why Elven birth control pill prescriptions almost never have an estrogen component. This is also why elven women frequently carry around in their purses a sex toy or two, for "unexpected emergencies."

Elven men have somewhat less of a divergence from the Human baseline. statistically, they have somewhat longer but thinner penises (and larger glans penises) than Humans of the same ethno-racial background. However the main difference is the presence of a baculum. Unlike the bacula of apes (like the chimpanzee, where it is at most 1 centimeter long,) it is typically 3" (8.25 Centimeters) long by 1/5" (5 millimeters) thick, and starts at just behind the glans.

Finally, both sexes lack pubic hair, making an Elf Poseur with a large bush glaringly obvious.

Next Up: Orks and Trolls

Questions, Comments, Flames?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jrayjoker
post Jul 17 2006, 02:24 PM
Post #2

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 6,675

That is just silly.

+Quote Post
SuperFly
post Jul 17 2006, 03:38 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,132

Sources include anime, and...oh, anime.
Not really my cup of tea, and I seriously doubt dwarven females are running around sporting members.

'A' for effort, though.

+Quote Post
FanGirl
post Jul 17 2006, 03:48 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,438

I don't think I wanna be a dwarf woman anymore.... :(

However, dwarf women do appear to be clean-shaven, if only in the SR art I've seen, so I comfort myself with the notion that you may be incorrect. :D

+Quote Post
Lindt
post Jul 17 2006, 04:27 PM
Post #5

Man In The Machine

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 1,105

Im going to echo Fangirl about the hair thing. So far there isnt anything cannon, or art related to suggest they grown facial hair.

+Quote Post
eidolon
post Jul 17 2006, 04:33 PM
Post #6

ghostrider

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 6,333

Seconding the silly.

+Quote Post
mfb
post Jul 17 2006, 05:13 PM
Post #7

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 5,670

dickchick dwarves, and hot elven women in heat. great.

also, the references to pre-Awakening dwarves and elves are... weird.

+Quote Post
nezumi
post Jul 17 2006, 05:45 PM
Post #8

Incertum est quo loco te mors expectet;

Member No.: 5,760

So dwarves reproduce like hyenas and elven women are more likely to be lesbians just because once a month they have an itch they just DESPERATELY need scratched, by anyone and anything?

+Quote Post
Jrayjoker
post Jul 17 2006, 05:45 PM
Post #9

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 6,675

Hmmm, I wonder what he's going to write about orcs and trolls?

3 Karma to the one who PMs me with the closest guess...

+Quote Post
Lindt
post Jul 17 2006, 06:06 PM
Post #10

Man In The Machine

Member No.: 1,105

Well we all know that orcs multiply like rabbits...

+Quote Post
nezumi
post Jul 17 2006, 06:23 PM
Post #11

I hope he works one of them so that if you rub their rumps vigorously, you get an automatic sexual response like you do with cats. I think it'd be funny to rub the rump of the troll sammy and watch her drop to her knees and put her butt in the air, ready for some play.

+Quote Post
knasser
post Jul 17 2006, 06:31 PM
Post #12

Shadow Cartographer

Member No.: 8,636

Uh, sorry. I feel bad for you after writing all that out and I kind of hope that someone posts here in support of you soon. But that somebody isn't going to be me. To be honest, this is a little disturbing. Dwarven babies with giant clitorises?

I think you've brought too much stuff in from some fantasy genres to inform your dwarf physiology. I've never seen anything in Shadowrun to suggest that dwarf females have excess facial hair nor any good reason why they should. As to the pelvic similarities, etc. This would be very limiting in terms of the species success. Women have wider pelvises because they need them. Men don't so they have something better suited to running around and quick movement. Ditto for wasteful resources of genital doubling up.

As to elven women going into heat. I hate to tell you this but human women are basically in a permanent state of being "in heat." Given a suitable mate and normal health, a woman can become aroused at any time, whether fertile or not. Animals that go into heat simply are not interested the rest of the time, that is all. You should read a book called "Why is Sex Fun?" by Jared Diamond. It talks about why female primates (a) remain in a state of sexual receptivity even when infertile and (b) why unlike nearly all other animals, they conceal whether or not they are fertile from the male of the species. Even baboon's asses change colour, and the females of most mammal species at least have the decency to smell different. But human males are kept in a state of permanent (but usually deluded) optimism about the fertility of the women around them. Basically, it has to do with the gestation and raising time of young and the need to keep a mate loyal. Given that cannon suggests elven maturation is even longer than humans, it makes even less sense for them to have a "heat" phase.

Sorry about this.

-K.

p.s. I've declined to grey out my reply as sex and anatomy are perfectly normal parts of life. On the remote chance that some ten-year old actually is interested in this stuff rather than Yu-Gi-Oh or whatever it is this year, then they're quite welcome to read my thoughts. Though I think they're best off enjoying the last few years of thinking kissing is icky before puberty knocks them senseless for the next eight years.

+Quote Post
X-Kalibur
post Jul 17 2006, 06:35 PM
Post #13

Runner

Member No.: 8,626

QUOTE (SuperFly)
Sources include anime, and...oh, anime.
Not really my cup of tea, and I seriously doubt dwarven females are running around sporting members.

'A' for effort, though.

Maybe there is such a thing as too much effort, however.

+Quote Post
nezumi
post Jul 17 2006, 06:57 PM
Post #14

I found it quite fascinating and very, very original. I don't think I'd apply it in Shadowrun (I don't go into sex enough for it to matter), but I might apply it elsewhere. I think it's neat, certainly entertaining, and I WOULD like to see Orks and Trolls.

I also question about women not smelling different when they're fertile. It may not always be as obvious as tails in the air and red bottoms, but it can be fairly clear.

+Quote Post
SuperFly
post Jul 17 2006, 06:57 PM
Post #15

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,132

QUOTE (X-Kalibur)
Maybe there is such a thing as too much effort, however.

tru.dat

+Quote Post
mfb
post Jul 17 2006, 07:15 PM
Post #16

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 5,670

the detail is nice, but it's just too hentai. and i don't think all those lesbian elf PCs need any encouragement.

+1 karma to SuperFly for the computer geek pun.

+Quote Post
KarmaInferno
post Jul 17 2006, 07:21 PM
Post #17

Old Man Jones

Member No.: 1,699

Great.

Why must people post stuff I cannot un-see?

I should have just never clicked on the thread.

Argh.

+Quote Post
Platinum
post Jul 17 2006, 07:30 PM
Post #18

Running Target

Member No.: 1,115

I can help Karma,

I prescribe 1 red hot poker to the frontal lobe. repeat until you "unsee".

+Quote Post
eidolon
post Jul 17 2006, 08:01 PM
Post #19

ghostrider

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 6,333

QUOTE (nezumi)
I found it quite fascinating and very, very original. <snip>

Really? I don't find it terribly original in the slightest.

Hentai plus AD&D Book of Carnal Knowledge plus rudimentary anatomy and physiology. Whoop de doo.

+Quote Post
Gustave
post Jul 17 2006, 08:33 PM
Post #20

Target

Member No.: 8,774

QUOTE (Kalvan)
The Dwarven Male has only one more real difference compared the human baseline: a rather thick and long penis (7' in length and 2' in average diameter)

:eek: That's quite a difference!

+Quote Post
nezumi
post Jul 17 2006, 08:36 PM
Post #21

Maybe I don't watch enough hentai to have seen it done elsewhere :P

+Quote Post
Domino
post Jul 17 2006, 09:00 PM
Post #22

Moving Target

Member No.: 2,800

WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

+Quote Post
hyzmarca
post Jul 17 2006, 09:59 PM
Post #23

Midnight Toker

Member No.: 6,456

I prefer my Shadowrun Futanari to remain purely in the realm of bioware and cosmetic surgery. Surely, there is a place for such things but that place is the seediest of Bunraku parlors.

+Quote Post
X-Kalibur
post Jul 17 2006, 10:04 PM
Post #24

Runner

Member No.: 8,626

QUOTE (hyzmarca)
I prefer my Shadowrun Futanari to remain purely in the realm of bioware and cosmetic surgery. Surely, there is a place for such things but that place is the seediest of Bunraku parlors.

And BTLs. Don't forget the BTLs.

+Quote Post
Kalvan
post Jul 18 2006, 12:29 AM
Post #25

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,583

QUOTE (knasser @ Jul 17 2006, 01:31 PM)

As to elven women going into heat. I hate to tell you this but human women are basically in a permanent state of being "in heat." Given a suitable mate and normal health, a woman can become aroused at any time, whether fertile or not. Animals that go into heat simply are not interested the rest of the time, that is all. You should read a book called "Why is Sex Fun?" by Jared Diamond. It talks about why female primates (a) remain in a state of sexual receptivity even when infertile and (b) why unlike nearly all other animals, they conceal whether or not they are fertile from the male of the species.

Actually, that theory is already obsolete.

The real reason is that human gestation is so rushed and incomplete that the clitoris fails to develop completely compared with our colsest relatives the chimpanzees and bonobos. (The transition to walking on two legs and the resulting narrower pelvis is partially to blame) Elves, with their rather longer gestation, have a more "properly" developed sexual anatomy and physiology.

Physiologically speaking, Estrus results when a large dose or estrogen or testasterone (but not both, as each otherwise cancels the other out) circulates within the vulva, causing the vestibular bulbs to put pressure on the clitoral shaft and glans clitoris, stimulating the entire genital region to into intense physical arousal. However estrogen also tends to dampen the sex drive, at least in terms of looking for companionship in the opposite sex. A female mammal in estrus doesn't solicit sex because she is attracted to any particular male or otherwise wants pleasure, she's simply trying to scratch an itch. Human vestiblar bulbs are stuck too far away from the main clitoral shaft and glans due to incomplete embryonic development. Subsequent human behavior, and the increased amount of testosterone in human females, developed as a coping mechanism, so that our distant ancestors wouldn't go back into the woods for their women.

Jared Diamond, Desmond Morris, and others got it all wrong. Human women aren't always in heat; in fact they are never in heat. Instead, at that point in their cycle they are simply horny like men, if often to a somewhat lesser degree.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:53 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.