IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Body Count!, What's your high score?
How many people did your favorite charcter off?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 91
Guests cannot vote 
mmu1
post Jul 18 2006, 06:55 PM
Post #1

Running Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,058

Contrary to the topic description, I was actually fairly seriously wondering how combat heavy most games tend to be - and how that's reflected in terms of career-long body counts.

Will the fact many people view excessive killing as unprofessional show up? Or will the people who suggest killing everyone on site and all the witnesses in a two block radius dominate?

I believe the record for one of my characters stands at about 55. (though I'm being intentionally conservative)

EDIT (to combine multiple answers and clarify, since I found I was confusing myself and starting to give out contradictory answers - please ignore anything elsewhere in the thread):

I'm asking for a lifetime total for one character - preferably either your favorite / longest runinng one, or the one you consider most typical of your style of play - not necessarily your highest "scoring" one.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mfb
post Jul 18 2006, 07:04 PM
Post #2

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 5,670

are you talking total, or the highest count for a single run? either way, i'm at >100.

+Quote Post
mmu1
post Jul 18 2006, 07:08 PM
Post #3

Running Target

(...)

+Quote Post
Lagomorph
post Jul 18 2006, 07:12 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,832

Is this just in one round, or one combat or lifetime achievement?

For lifetime achievement I'm pretty sure my rigger character is well over a hundred, counting all the people in vehicles who've died from crash damage in vehicles he shot up, and counting the innocent bystanders he ran over. :grinbig:

I think the most in one round is.. hard to say, probably around 10. Yeah easily around 10.

+Quote Post
mmu1
post Jul 18 2006, 07:36 PM
Post #5

Running Target

QUOTE (Lagomorph @ Jul 18 2006, 03:12 PM)
Is this just in one round, or one combat or lifetime achievement?

Lifetime achievement (for ONE character) as a result of that character's direct actions.

+Quote Post
Brahm
post Jul 18 2006, 07:39 PM
Post #6

Shooting Target

Member No.: 8,006

QUOTE (mmu1 @ Jul 18 2006, 02:08 PM)
Career total for your highest-scoring ;) character.

A few of my characters are down around 10 or less in a career. Meaning they only kill someone every few runs, if that. But there are others that are much different. I don't ever recall topping 20 on a single run. But then it's hard to say what the count is when you are sporatically pumping off GL rounds downtown Seattle and running too fast to check pulses.

+Quote Post
nezumi
post Jul 18 2006, 09:01 PM
Post #7

Incertum est quo loco te mors expectet;

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 5,760

I can only make a rough guess. I mean, one or two bombings, a few gang fights and regular odd-ball hijinks will increase the body count of just about any runner, over a long enough career.

+Quote Post
X-Kalibur
post Jul 18 2006, 09:09 PM
Post #8

Runner

Member No.: 8,626

My favorite character has killed off somewhere between 20 and 50 people (SR3 adept), but to be fair he had a sociopathic personality and loved his Dikoted Ares Monosword and his killing hands S.

+Quote Post
Butterblume
post Jul 18 2006, 09:19 PM
Post #9

Running Target

Member No.: 8,081

My favourite and longest played char, a dwarf decker/face (sr3), has killed less then 20, as far as I remember.

I should mention, she was pretty good in a gunfight, just tended to avoid them. (SMG 6(7), meat initiative 10+1W6, combat pool iirc 12 dice, and a tendency to fight smart).

+Quote Post
Sahandrian
post Jul 18 2006, 09:31 PM
Post #10

Moving Target

Member No.: 2,880

I'm guessing about 5-20 cause I never really keep track.

My longest-run character was a face/decker, so he probably had under 10... The second-oldest was a shaman who probably had a dozen from a certain ghoul incident, alone... Then there were two mercenaries, who both tended to kill anything that moved, but neither saw much play...

And then there's my current adept, who's chalked up about 10 kills in around three weeks of play. But he's a sociopath. He once got the shaman he was working with to let himself be stabbed, just to see if he'd let him do it.

+Quote Post
FlakJacket
post Jul 18 2006, 09:33 PM
Post #11

King of the Hobos

Member No.: 127

What can I say? Anti-vehicle mines, AGTM's, light machine guns and claymore mines tend to leave things a little messy. :)

+Quote Post
Grinder
post Jul 18 2006, 10:10 PM
Post #12

Great, I'm a Dragon...

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 5,698

I played an elven ki-adept for six years irl. Ended up with ~400 points of karma and many many runs under his belt. I guess he killed nearly 100 people.

+Quote Post
Dawnshadow
post Jul 18 2006, 11:10 PM
Post #13

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,086

Very much lost count.

I mean.. the character did crowd control with an LMG, and then shot a chopper down on it..

Of course, the ones he's indirectly responsible for are far, far more numerous, and the ones that are the responsibility of the people trying to off him are even more numerous then that, so he's "technically" a good guy ;)

+Quote Post
Shrike30
post Jul 18 2006, 11:14 PM
Post #14

Runner

Member No.: 98

You should probably modify the nature of the poll slightly. Direct kills? Not so many. Indirect kills (involving demolitions gone wrong, starting a riot, driving a luxury yacht with it's defense systems online up onto a gang-controlled beach, etc) it's a hell of a lot higher.

Oh, do bug spirits count?

+Quote Post
mfb
post Jul 19 2006, 12:26 AM
Post #15

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 5,670

and what about shedim?

+Quote Post
FanGirl
post Jul 19 2006, 01:12 AM
Post #16

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,438

I still haven't played many sessions and my character is pretty pacifistic, but I do have a body count from a mall run. Long story short, I hacked a Weapons World defense system and used the gun turrets to mow down a bunch of flesh-form bugs. I never found out the exact tally from that, but I would guess that it was about a few dozen. Oh, and I helped the team's tank kill the two true-forms that attacked him, using a pair of Steel Lynxes (also hacked) to fire on them. I think the tank was the one to strike the killing blows, though.

+Quote Post
Taran
post Jul 19 2006, 01:51 AM
Post #17

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,891

Zero, as far as I know. Look for updated figures Friday morning ;-)

+Quote Post
Tiralee
post Jul 19 2006, 01:52 AM
Post #18

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,585

Let's see, the pyro Fire-mage, simply lost count, well over 200.

But the highest-"scorer" is the newbie decker, who needed a distraction for the team while we were trying to loot a convoy in down-town Seattle.
So what'd he do?
Screwed with the municiple traffic grid.

I was giving the team an updated Crashes/Injuries/Fatality every second turn - the incident is now classed as a terrorist attack and he wasn't even trying to kill people, just "Create multiple distractions".

Sure, raising a bridge with a busload of nuns and orphans is not going net you karma, but it makes for great colour commentary.

His reaction, after the first kill-count.
"I did WHAT?! I only increased the maximum speed and made people drive in reverse.....Oh, holy S#it!"

Later...
"Aww, F#ck me, how many, seriously...200, 300?"
"Uh, currently a confirmed count of 417 fatalities and almost triple that for reported injuries."
"......"
(Another player) "You're going to be spending a lot of downtime, aren't you?"
"Oh yes. In a dark room, with no one about...hey, that's what I do normally!"
Group: "Fap, fap, fap, fap!"

-Tir

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Jul 19 2006, 02:45 AM
Post #19

Manus Celer Dei

Member No.: 3,802

Methinks someone had punishing the player in mind…

~J

+Quote Post
mmu1
post Jul 19 2006, 03:52 AM
Post #20

Running Target

QUOTE (Taran)
Zero, as far as I know. Look for updated figures Friday morning ;-)

Well, I do recall an instance of a car being made to crash into a wall, courtesy of one of your spirits... Still, considering I was repeatedly firing IPE grenades at it at the time, I suppose that only counts for partial credit. ;)

+Quote Post
mmu1
post Jul 19 2006, 04:02 AM
Post #21

Running Target

QUOTE (Shrike30)
You should probably modify the nature of the poll slightly. Direct kills? Not so many. Indirect kills (involving demolitions gone wrong, starting a riot, driving a luxury yacht with it's defense systems online up onto a gang-controlled beach, etc) it's a hell of a lot higher.

Oh, do bug spirits count?

You're probably right, but frankly, there are too many different ways to look at it...

As for what counts... I'd say stick to things that can be defined (however loosely) as metahuman.

+Quote Post
Demon_Bob
post Jul 19 2006, 04:12 AM
Post #22

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,226

I was remote rigging a tanker and screwed up so bad the GM said it ran into a building. Found out later in the news (next run) just how big the building was and that how much damage was done. After that my body count that I had been trying to keep low jumped a few hundred.

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Jul 19 2006, 04:48 AM
Post #23

Manus Celer Dei

Member No.: 3,802

Do either of you have an idea of what Alex's current bodycount is? I've got a pretty accurate mage-fender count, but everyone else just gets lost in the haze.

Except the Russian compatriot. I remember him.

~J

+Quote Post
NightmareX
post Jul 19 2006, 08:32 AM
Post #24

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,687

Oh gods. I lost count for Nightmare somewhere in the middle of 2nd edition, but I can safely geusstimate he was well over 300 before Bug City came out. In the years since....

Let's put it this way, on the humanity test I can safely answer question 78 as "Kid Stealth (unknown - possibly genocide)".

+Quote Post
Jrayjoker
post Jul 19 2006, 12:58 PM
Post #25

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 6,675

I had a dog shaman for a long time that was good at the combat thing, but mostly handled critters with termination and people with sleep spells (SR2).

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 12:26 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.