Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Your Character, Time for me to GM again, and need SRers
Sphynx
post Oct 16 2003, 01:11 PM
Post #1

Neophyte Runner

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,437

Ok, when this current campaign I'm in runs down, it's my turn to take up the reigns of GM again and I've been thinking of introducing our group to the Shadowrunning Community. As has been stated on previous threads our team has members between 125 and 250 karma. I'm looking to pit our characters against yours. :P Don't worry too much, it'll be more competitive than anything else, but I'm going to look for some info on the Arcology and introduce my runners to it and would like to create other 'real' teams that give a competitive edge to the game. I'll also introduce our group, for the first time ever, to the Matrix Shadowland (something none of us know about in-character). So, even those that are not pitted against will be mentioned in upcoming games. I will use any/every character posted.

I'm really needing stats for anyone that wants to be more than a mention on our Shadowland. Feel free to email character-sheets if you don't want to post, or post here and I'll transcribe them for our game. As a return favor, I'll update my own pages to include an original/ folder of characters and their current/ levels (if my players don't mind, that is) so you can have a whole team to work with as well. Important notice, I really need background and personality info as well as I intend to make the setting seem a bit more realistic than a list of names.... :P

Sphynx
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GunnerJ
post Oct 16 2003, 02:02 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,634

I'll pimp my gaming group for their character sheets, and later on today I'll post some of my characters.

+Quote Post
Snow_Fox
post Oct 16 2003, 02:04 PM
Post #3

Prime Runner

Member No.: 1,221

How much detail do you want, exact scores and such or just character outlines you can then adapt the numbers to meet your campaign needs?

+Quote Post
Sphynx
post Oct 16 2003, 04:16 PM
Post #4

Neophyte Runner

Exact scores please.

Sphynx

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Oct 16 2003, 04:19 PM
Post #5

Manus Celer Dei

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 3,802

I'll post my character as soon as she's managed to pick up the other Strato-9s she ordered the other day :)

~J

+Quote Post
Shockwave_IIc
post Oct 16 2003, 04:34 PM
Post #6

Shooting Target

Member No.: 5,499

I've got a character, but he's a bit pasted the 250 karma mark (way pasted thinking about it :eek: :cyber: ).

Retired him not long after the arcology event, If your interested i can send him to you.

But i need an e-mail. :grinbig:

+Quote Post
Kurukami
post Oct 16 2003, 04:35 PM
Post #7

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,242

Are you looking for characters of approximately the same experience level? I've got a few that might work... a rigger/decker/tech-wiz, a samurai/covert ops type, and a magician-adept (a shaman of Fire-Bringer whose street name is Ember).

+Quote Post
Sphynx
post Oct 16 2003, 05:09 PM
Post #8

Neophyte Runner

Preferably anything between karma 100 to 500. I want them to have a rep to have been heard about.

Emails: sphynx@i-sphynx.com

Sphynx

+Quote Post
Sunday_Gamer
post Oct 16 2003, 05:27 PM
Post #9

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,133

Are these the 40+ dice katana swinging madness group?!?
The "I've got more quickened spells than God" group?

If so, there's no way I have ever had or will ever have a character who can come close to competing with anything like that.

Sorry.

Sunday.

+Quote Post
Sphynx
post Oct 16 2003, 05:38 PM
Post #10

Neophyte Runner

That'd be the group, and if you ever actually played the game to an equivalent Karmic level, your characters could compete easily.

PS. 4 Quickened Spells is more than God? Or is it just because they're Force 6 spells? Or have you instead just reverted to trying some quick lash out at a game-play style you're just not capable of comprehending? Regardless, the Quickened character won't be around, I don't play when I GM, he'll be on vacation. ;)

Sphynx

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Oct 16 2003, 05:48 PM
Post #11

Manus Celer Dei

Member No.: 3,802

That's the wonderful thing about riggers. With enough cash, a 0 karma rigger (my current character) can do obscene things to even high-karma powercharacters.

~J

+Quote Post
Sunday_Gamer
post Oct 16 2003, 06:10 PM
Post #12

Moving Target

WOAH!!!! WOAAAAAHHH!!!! DOWN BOY!!!!

Jesus Murphy Sphynx, take it easy would ya?!?

" Or have you instead just reverted to trying some quick lash out at a game-play style you're just not capable of comprehending? "

A game style I am not capable of comprehending?!? Like it's the lost mystery of the Incas to have ridiculously powerful characters?!?

I wasn't lashing, I was asking if it was "those" characters, because I have nothing that even remotely comes close to being able to bring those characters drinks, let alone actually give them a fight.

What exactly is it you think requires extreme comprehension skills about someone with 40+ dice with his sword?!?

and yes, where I come from, walking around with 4 force 6 spells quickened on you IS more than God and if I ever tried something like that, I'd be a dead man before sundown.

You play one style of campaign and frankly, I don't know anyone else who plays in that style, and was simply making the point that there's no way ANY of the hundreds of characters that have played in my campaigns over the years or that I have played in other peoples campaigns could ever even come close.

However, if you think it's just "too advanced for my poor little brain" I'll reserve the right to chuckle. If someone showed up in my campaign with a 40+ sword skill, I'd drop a piano on his head from orbit.

Sunday

+Quote Post
Sphynx
post Oct 16 2003, 06:21 PM
Post #13

Neophyte Runner

See, to me, that's on the extreme side of moronic. I realize you don't mean a literal piano there, but what would a GM care about a 40 dice sword master? How often does a team even see melee? He was great when we were hitting hives (and the major cause of him going to that extreme) but in most other scenarios he's been all but useless BECAUSE all that wonderful Karma went into a single skill.

And as for 4 force6 spells getting you killed by sundown.... what for? That's just as moronic. Yay... I can lift things with my mind and have a permanent +3D6 making me 'average' instead of 'well below average' in initiative. Or maybe it's the Astral Armour on a person who can never project....

Now, when I complete my current task of a +6 Willpower, 6 Combat sense and 6 Deflect, then I can see there being a problem, but right now all this guy is is unique and none of those spells is making him ungodly powerful. So exactly where are you getting this idea that such 'powerful characters' are a big deal?

YES I'm making fun of you for making the comment, you obviously DON'T comprehend what lettle power there is at that level if you think any character you've ever had wouldn't be at a competable level, cause that means you've never played.

One person with a good pistol skill could take out both of us easily, and what's to show for it? Hell, a lucky ganger even could. It's not like I walk around with my Armour spell up all the time.

Or are you one of those people that think if I have 4 spells Quickened I'm a "beacon" to be attacked by anything that sees me? I'm dual natured, I'm already in trouble, the Quickenings don't make me any more visible, nor do they make me any more vulnerable.

Sphynx

+Quote Post
KosherPickle
post Oct 16 2003, 08:20 PM
Post #14

Moving Target

Member No.: 2,921

QUOTE (Sphynx)
Preferably anything between karma 100 to 500.  I want them to have a rep to have been heard about.

Sounds like a lot of fun. It's too bad that I've never played a character that got above 40 Karma. :(

Honestly, I don't play enough Shadowrun. It's kind of sad, really.

+Quote Post
ialdabaoth
post Oct 16 2003, 09:01 PM
Post #15

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,692

Sounds fun. Got room for an evil control-freak sorceror?

+Quote Post
L.D
post Oct 16 2003, 09:03 PM
Post #16

Harlequin

Member No.: 861

I'll send you L.D. :)

He clocks in at 330 karma... but unfortunately he's done in 2:nd edition and I haven't felt like remaking him. If he's interesting it's a pretty quick change. :)

+Quote Post
Sunday_Gamer
post Oct 16 2003, 09:03 PM
Post #17

Moving Target

Let's just say we play in different worlds Sphynx and the character from our games wouldn't last 10 seconds in your games and the characters from your game would never make it into the street. We've covered this before, you play in a power level that is WELL beyond anything I've ever seen.

Just to nit pick, a little.

A guy with a good pistol would take both of you out?!? So tell me, where did this guy get a pistol that has 12 power? Because that's what the boy is gonna need to shoot down a mage in an armored jacket with a force 6 armor spell quickened.

And let's not even go there with the quickened spells, I believe you play a cop? With permits for everything? Luxuries the rest of us don't have. We've been through this already, you definitely play shadowrun, but you're not runners, you're cops. In our strange little world, anonimity is the name of the game, we don't exist, we are fig newtons of your imagination. We are deniable assets, ghosts, shadowrunners. The thought of walking down the street with 4 force 6 spells quickened kinda ruins that whole angle.

Now please, Sphynx, don't say stupid things like "I've never played" or "I don't know how to play" or anything else for that matter. You have NO clue who I am and even fewer clues as to how long I have been playing what and with whom.

The long and the short of it is, you should probably design NPC yourself, because no one but you can gauge how effective someone will be against your PCs. If you think having 4 force 6 spells quickened or having 40+ dice on your sword skill is "par for the course" then we are DEFINITELY not playing on same course. doesn't denigrate your game any, just means it's a weeeeee bit out of reach for some of us.

Sunday

PS: Don't throw words like "moronic" around, it's not very nice and frankly it's a matter of perception. Your moronic and mine obviously have never met.

+Quote Post
Sphynx
post Oct 16 2003, 09:18 PM
Post #18

Neophyte Runner

Ok, sorry about the moronic, that was bad-form.

But where are you getting your info?!? What Quickened Armour spell are you talking about? Who would ever go around glowing all the time? Do you only read small bits of my posts and overlook anything that you might not find distasteful? 9M will take out my 5/3 easily. I've only a Body of 5 and a Combat Pool of 8.

Secondly, we're not cops, NEVER have been. We're currently a Merc team who is working in the Atzlan area.... Not sure where you got that from, probably ignored the 'ex-' part of 'ex-cop' everytime I mentione part of my personal (not our team's) background.

As for the 4 quickens and 40 dice being 'par for the course' I consider 40 dice to be exceptional and only pont to the character when power gaming becomes part of the subject. I don't consider the 4 spells I have quickened to be powergaming, you'd have to convince me of that.

BTW, if I was in a game of ghosts/shadowrunners, I'd still do the quickening and still be a shadow/ghost. How does a quicken prevent that?!?

Sphynx

+Quote Post
Digital Heroin
post Oct 16 2003, 11:11 PM
Post #19

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 4,302

*considers* So... 125 - 250 Karma, eh? How much :nuyen: you say these runners had?

+Quote Post
Sunday_Gamer
post Oct 17 2003, 03:52 AM
Post #20

Moving Target

We once spoke on permits and at the time you were working for Lone Star, hence why I said you were a cop.

You're correct however, on the armor, I misread it, you have astral armor quickened. You do however have a force 5 armor sustaining focus, so really, pistol boy better be packing a wee bit more than his manhunters.

Again, quickening in our campaigns is tricky business, obviously not in yours, that's just different playing styles and I think we've established we have rather different styles.

None of which has jack to do with you looking for NPCs for your games. So let's not beat THAT horse any longer, shall we?

Sunday

+Quote Post
The White Dwarf
post Oct 17 2003, 04:35 AM
Post #21

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,754

Sphynx, how many chacters do you need, and by when? Think we've got more than a dozen in that range retired. I can ask my group this weekend and dig up the stats if itll help. I also have some NPCs in that range I make use of I can send.

Is there any kind of character that would be more useful? Like we have some mages, some pistol nuts, a hong-kong-action-troll ... wide range. A little focus would be good. From the sound of it youre looking for runners with a good rep and competent/high skill? So maybe stick with the more sneaky atypical runner stuffs?

+Quote Post
Sphynx
post Oct 17 2003, 06:33 AM
Post #22

Neophyte Runner

Nuyen, I think the average person only has a total of 700k to a mil max. We tend to be high-karma, low resources purely because we're "good guys". However, any PC sent to me will be used, even if it's completely off balance for the characters. I'm not battling the PC's, I'm introducing them to a world, and gonna create other 'teams' to hit the Arcology at the same time (after all, didn't alot of teams get stuck there?)

As for when I need them, I think I've at least 2 months before I take over, maybe a little less, depends how this campaign turns out. You know how players are, we tend to mess up the schedule of the GMs. ;)

Types of characters do not matter. I'm not going to use any book names, so they'll never meet Fastjack or Captain Chaos when they're hitting the matrix, they'll meet Deckers I get from here (assuming I get some). Same for the people in the Arcology (I just don't know or care enough about the 'true history' to try to stick to the books).

Sphynx

+Quote Post
Neon Tiger
post Oct 17 2003, 08:06 AM
Post #23

Moving Target

Member No.: 2,497

Hope you take characters in HTML. I'm sending you Maelstrom, my Gecko sorcerer. He's about 120 karma character (+ around 20-30 karma bought). With Sorcery/Spellcasting 6/12, he can fling some serious mojo around... :)

+Quote Post
Digital Heroin
post Oct 17 2003, 08:34 AM
Post #24

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 4,302

*cracks knuckles, prepares to ressurect an old initiatory group of his, grins evil-like*

+Quote Post
Sphynx
post Oct 18 2003, 07:31 PM
Post #25

Neophyte Runner

Just an FYI, Kosten turned his character sheet over to me and told me it was ok to post it so here it is: Kosten, the 217 Karma character with the ability to roll 50 dice in one attack. He says he might retire after 2 more initiation levels which'll be at about 253 karma. Wants to play a shapeshifter or somesuch....

Sphynx

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th May 2024 - 04:26 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.