Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Your Character
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Sphynx
Ok, when this current campaign I'm in runs down, it's my turn to take up the reigns of GM again and I've been thinking of introducing our group to the Shadowrunning Community. As has been stated on previous threads our team has members between 125 and 250 karma. I'm looking to pit our characters against yours. :P Don't worry too much, it'll be more competitive than anything else, but I'm going to look for some info on the Arcology and introduce my runners to it and would like to create other 'real' teams that give a competitive edge to the game. I'll also introduce our group, for the first time ever, to the Matrix Shadowland (something none of us know about in-character). So, even those that are not pitted against will be mentioned in upcoming games. I will use any/every character posted.

I'm really needing stats for anyone that wants to be more than a mention on our Shadowland. Feel free to email character-sheets if you don't want to post, or post here and I'll transcribe them for our game. As a return favor, I'll update my own pages to include an original/ folder of characters and their current/ levels (if my players don't mind, that is) so you can have a whole team to work with as well. Important notice, I really need background and personality info as well as I intend to make the setting seem a bit more realistic than a list of names.... :P

Sphynx
GunnerJ
I'll pimp my gaming group for their character sheets, and later on today I'll post some of my characters.
Snow_Fox
How much detail do you want, exact scores and such or just character outlines you can then adapt the numbers to meet your campaign needs?
Sphynx
Exact scores please.

Sphynx
Kagetenshi
I'll post my character as soon as she's managed to pick up the other Strato-9s she ordered the other day smile.gif

~J
Shockwave_IIc
I've got a character, but he's a bit pasted the 250 karma mark (way pasted thinking about it eek.gif cyber.gif ).

Retired him not long after the arcology event, If your interested i can send him to you.

But i need an e-mail. grinbig.gif
Kurukami
Are you looking for characters of approximately the same experience level? I've got a few that might work... a rigger/decker/tech-wiz, a samurai/covert ops type, and a magician-adept (a shaman of Fire-Bringer whose street name is Ember).
Sphynx
Preferably anything between karma 100 to 500. I want them to have a rep to have been heard about.

Emails: sphynx@i-sphynx.com

Sphynx
Sunday_Gamer
Are these the 40+ dice katana swinging madness group?!?
The "I've got more quickened spells than God" group?

If so, there's no way I have ever had or will ever have a character who can come close to competing with anything like that.

Sorry.

Sunday.
Sphynx
That'd be the group, and if you ever actually played the game to an equivalent Karmic level, your characters could compete easily.

PS. 4 Quickened Spells is more than God? Or is it just because they're Force 6 spells? Or have you instead just reverted to trying some quick lash out at a game-play style you're just not capable of comprehending? Regardless, the Quickened character won't be around, I don't play when I GM, he'll be on vacation. wink.gif

Sphynx
Kagetenshi
That's the wonderful thing about riggers. With enough cash, a 0 karma rigger (my current character) can do obscene things to even high-karma powercharacters.

~J
Sunday_Gamer
WOAH!!!! WOAAAAAHHH!!!! DOWN BOY!!!!

Jesus Murphy Sphynx, take it easy would ya?!?

" Or have you instead just reverted to trying some quick lash out at a game-play style you're just not capable of comprehending? "

A game style I am not capable of comprehending?!? Like it's the lost mystery of the Incas to have ridiculously powerful characters?!?

I wasn't lashing, I was asking if it was "those" characters, because I have nothing that even remotely comes close to being able to bring those characters drinks, let alone actually give them a fight.

What exactly is it you think requires extreme comprehension skills about someone with 40+ dice with his sword?!?

and yes, where I come from, walking around with 4 force 6 spells quickened on you IS more than God and if I ever tried something like that, I'd be a dead man before sundown.

You play one style of campaign and frankly, I don't know anyone else who plays in that style, and was simply making the point that there's no way ANY of the hundreds of characters that have played in my campaigns over the years or that I have played in other peoples campaigns could ever even come close.

However, if you think it's just "too advanced for my poor little brain" I'll reserve the right to chuckle. If someone showed up in my campaign with a 40+ sword skill, I'd drop a piano on his head from orbit.

Sunday
Sphynx
See, to me, that's on the extreme side of moronic. I realize you don't mean a literal piano there, but what would a GM care about a 40 dice sword master? How often does a team even see melee? He was great when we were hitting hives (and the major cause of him going to that extreme) but in most other scenarios he's been all but useless BECAUSE all that wonderful Karma went into a single skill.

And as for 4 force6 spells getting you killed by sundown.... what for? That's just as moronic. Yay... I can lift things with my mind and have a permanent +3D6 making me 'average' instead of 'well below average' in initiative. Or maybe it's the Astral Armour on a person who can never project....

Now, when I complete my current task of a +6 Willpower, 6 Combat sense and 6 Deflect, then I can see there being a problem, but right now all this guy is is unique and none of those spells is making him ungodly powerful. So exactly where are you getting this idea that such 'powerful characters' are a big deal?

YES I'm making fun of you for making the comment, you obviously DON'T comprehend what lettle power there is at that level if you think any character you've ever had wouldn't be at a competable level, cause that means you've never played.

One person with a good pistol skill could take out both of us easily, and what's to show for it? Hell, a lucky ganger even could. It's not like I walk around with my Armour spell up all the time.

Or are you one of those people that think if I have 4 spells Quickened I'm a "beacon" to be attacked by anything that sees me? I'm dual natured, I'm already in trouble, the Quickenings don't make me any more visible, nor do they make me any more vulnerable.

Sphynx
KosherPickle
QUOTE (Sphynx)
Preferably anything between karma 100 to 500.  I want them to have a rep to have been heard about.

Sounds like a lot of fun. It's too bad that I've never played a character that got above 40 Karma. frown.gif

Honestly, I don't play enough Shadowrun. It's kind of sad, really.
ialdabaoth
Sounds fun. Got room for an evil control-freak sorceror?
L.D
I'll send you L.D. smile.gif

He clocks in at 330 karma... but unfortunately he's done in 2:nd edition and I haven't felt like remaking him. If he's interesting it's a pretty quick change. smile.gif
Sunday_Gamer
Let's just say we play in different worlds Sphynx and the character from our games wouldn't last 10 seconds in your games and the characters from your game would never make it into the street. We've covered this before, you play in a power level that is WELL beyond anything I've ever seen.

Just to nit pick, a little.

A guy with a good pistol would take both of you out?!? So tell me, where did this guy get a pistol that has 12 power? Because that's what the boy is gonna need to shoot down a mage in an armored jacket with a force 6 armor spell quickened.

And let's not even go there with the quickened spells, I believe you play a cop? With permits for everything? Luxuries the rest of us don't have. We've been through this already, you definitely play shadowrun, but you're not runners, you're cops. In our strange little world, anonimity is the name of the game, we don't exist, we are fig newtons of your imagination. We are deniable assets, ghosts, shadowrunners. The thought of walking down the street with 4 force 6 spells quickened kinda ruins that whole angle.

Now please, Sphynx, don't say stupid things like "I've never played" or "I don't know how to play" or anything else for that matter. You have NO clue who I am and even fewer clues as to how long I have been playing what and with whom.

The long and the short of it is, you should probably design NPC yourself, because no one but you can gauge how effective someone will be against your PCs. If you think having 4 force 6 spells quickened or having 40+ dice on your sword skill is "par for the course" then we are DEFINITELY not playing on same course. doesn't denigrate your game any, just means it's a weeeeee bit out of reach for some of us.

Sunday

PS: Don't throw words like "moronic" around, it's not very nice and frankly it's a matter of perception. Your moronic and mine obviously have never met.
Sphynx
Ok, sorry about the moronic, that was bad-form.

But where are you getting your info?!? What Quickened Armour spell are you talking about? Who would ever go around glowing all the time? Do you only read small bits of my posts and overlook anything that you might not find distasteful? 9M will take out my 5/3 easily. I've only a Body of 5 and a Combat Pool of 8.

Secondly, we're not cops, NEVER have been. We're currently a Merc team who is working in the Atzlan area.... Not sure where you got that from, probably ignored the 'ex-' part of 'ex-cop' everytime I mentione part of my personal (not our team's) background.

As for the 4 quickens and 40 dice being 'par for the course' I consider 40 dice to be exceptional and only pont to the character when power gaming becomes part of the subject. I don't consider the 4 spells I have quickened to be powergaming, you'd have to convince me of that.

BTW, if I was in a game of ghosts/shadowrunners, I'd still do the quickening and still be a shadow/ghost. How does a quicken prevent that?!?

Sphynx
Digital Heroin
*considers* So... 125 - 250 Karma, eh? How much nuyen.gif you say these runners had?
Sunday_Gamer
We once spoke on permits and at the time you were working for Lone Star, hence why I said you were a cop.

You're correct however, on the armor, I misread it, you have astral armor quickened. You do however have a force 5 armor sustaining focus, so really, pistol boy better be packing a wee bit more than his manhunters.

Again, quickening in our campaigns is tricky business, obviously not in yours, that's just different playing styles and I think we've established we have rather different styles.

None of which has jack to do with you looking for NPCs for your games. So let's not beat THAT horse any longer, shall we?

Sunday
The White Dwarf
Sphynx, how many chacters do you need, and by when? Think we've got more than a dozen in that range retired. I can ask my group this weekend and dig up the stats if itll help. I also have some NPCs in that range I make use of I can send.

Is there any kind of character that would be more useful? Like we have some mages, some pistol nuts, a hong-kong-action-troll ... wide range. A little focus would be good. From the sound of it youre looking for runners with a good rep and competent/high skill? So maybe stick with the more sneaky atypical runner stuffs?
Sphynx
Nuyen, I think the average person only has a total of 700k to a mil max. We tend to be high-karma, low resources purely because we're "good guys". However, any PC sent to me will be used, even if it's completely off balance for the characters. I'm not battling the PC's, I'm introducing them to a world, and gonna create other 'teams' to hit the Arcology at the same time (after all, didn't alot of teams get stuck there?)

As for when I need them, I think I've at least 2 months before I take over, maybe a little less, depends how this campaign turns out. You know how players are, we tend to mess up the schedule of the GMs. wink.gif

Types of characters do not matter. I'm not going to use any book names, so they'll never meet Fastjack or Captain Chaos when they're hitting the matrix, they'll meet Deckers I get from here (assuming I get some). Same for the people in the Arcology (I just don't know or care enough about the 'true history' to try to stick to the books).

Sphynx
Neon Tiger
Hope you take characters in HTML. I'm sending you Maelstrom, my Gecko sorcerer. He's about 120 karma character (+ around 20-30 karma bought). With Sorcery/Spellcasting 6/12, he can fling some serious mojo around... smile.gif
Digital Heroin
*cracks knuckles, prepares to ressurect an old initiatory group of his, grins evil-like*
Sphynx
Just an FYI, Kosten turned his character sheet over to me and told me it was ok to post it so here it is: Kosten, the 217 Karma character with the ability to roll 50 dice in one attack. He says he might retire after 2 more initiation levels which'll be at about 253 karma. Wants to play a shapeshifter or somesuch....

Sphynx
Lazarus
How about a character that has 2150 karma, he is the group leader, with the low (or young) man in the group that has 750 karma. And no they are not famous, at least not they way they look now. the other 4 members are something in between. Wait actually, maybe I should think twice about this. <Beleted! dacheated!> Damn these boxing gloves!

spin.gif
Kagetenshi
Why does the picture show the character wielding two katana while everything else has him using daisho?

~J
Bölverk
QUOTE (Sphynx)
Kosten, the 217 Karma character with the ability to roll 50 dice in one attack.

Out of curiosity, why was the Force 6 wakizashi weapon focus apparently free? And how long did it take him to save up for the Force 6 katana weapon focus?
Glyph
I haven't had any characters get to the 100+ Karma mark, since I've mainly played here, and the games tend to not last that long. Here is a character that I did for a "high-powered" game - a "shadowrunner competition - that never even started. But it used some high-powered char-gen rules (high point build plus 10 Karma, and high Availability stuff was available), so it might fit your power requirements. Due to the nature of the game that she was created for, she is very combat-oriented. But she does have a decent background, so here she is. Hope you can use her.

Valkyrie (Valda Maximoff), Female Gnome Sorceress (Shamanic/Fenrir Totem)

Here is the breakdown:
Gnome: 10
Edges: +9
Flaws: -9
Resources: 30 (1,000,000 - 10% = 900,000)
Attributes: 56
Skills: 34 (+10 Karma to raise Sorcery to 7)
Magic (Sorceress): 25
TOTAL: 155 (+10 Karma)

Spellpoints
Base amount: 35
Bought (375,000 for 15 more)
Bond the Foci: -19
Buy Spells: -31

Attributes -
Body: 6
Quickness: 6
Strength: 4
Charisma: 2
Intelligence: 6
Willpower: 9
Essence: 6
Magic: 6
Reaction: 6

Initiative: 6 + 1d6(+ 4d6)
Combat Pool: 10
Spell Pool: 7
Karma Pool: 1

Active Skills -
Athletics: 6
Edged Weapons/Katar: 3/5
Etiquette: 2
Pistols/Colt Manhunter: 5/7
Sorcery: 7
Stealth: 6
Throwing Weapons: 4

Knowledge Skills -
English: 6 R/W: 3
Russian: 6 R/W: 3
Chess: 4
Classical Music: 2
Corporate Politics: 1
Corporate Security: 4
Magical Background: 6
Norse Mythology: 4
Spell Design: 6

Spells -
Manaball: 6*
Manabolt: 6*
Heal: 6*
Increase Reflexes +3 Dice: 1
Improved Invisibility: 6*
Physical Barrier: 6*
* = Fetish for -1 Drain

Edges -
Bonus Attribute Point/Willpower
Daredevil
Focused Concentration
High Pain Tolerance (1)

Flaws -
Bad Karma
Bio-Rejection
Vindictive

Contacts -
Armorer (Level 1)
Fixer (Level 1)
Salish Tribal Chieftain (Level 2)
Talismonger (Level 1)

Lifestyles: 1 Low (3 Months Prepaid).
Credstick Balance: 3d6 x 100 Nuyen.

Bonded Foci -
Combat Spell Focus: Rating 6
Sustaining Focus (Rating 1): Increase Reflexes + 3 Dice

Gear -
DocWagon Contract: Basic (1 Year).
Fake ID: Fake Standard Credstick (Rating: 3).
Magical Gear: Shamanic Lodge Materials (Rating: 6), 6 Combat Fetishes, 3 Healing Fetishes, 3 Illusion Fetishes, and 3 Manipulation Fetishes.
Weapons: Colt Manhunter Heavy Pistol with Custom Grip, Concealable Quick-Draw Holster, 320 Rounds of APDS Ammo, and 4 spare Clips.
Katar (dikoted (+2,000 Nuyen), modern design) with Concealable Quick-Draw Scabbard (150 Nuyen cost).
10 IPE Offensive and 10 Gas (Neuro-stun VII) Grenades.
Armor/Clothing: Secure Jacket, FFBA (full suit), Ordinary Clothing (x 10).
Other Gear: 2 Military-surplus Duffel Bags (100 Nuyen cost each), Medkit (Rating: 6) with Medkit Supplies (x 1), 2 Antidote (Rating: 6) Slap Patches, Survival Kit, Earplug Phone, Pager, Wire Clippers, Pocket Flashlight, Micro-Transceiver (Rating: 6 with ECCM: 2) with Subvocal Mic, Telecom (5 MP), Musical Playback Unit with Quad Speakers and 10 Music Disks.

1: What is your sex?

Female

2:What is your physical size?

Slender and slight of build, even for a female gnome, but stronger than she looks.

3: What's your Hair, eyes, and skin color?

Pale blonde hair in an unruly pageboy haircut, piercing grey eyes, and pale skin.

4: What's your general appearance?

Valkyrie has a "little girl lost" look - small and pale, with wide, blankly staring eyes. She also gives off bad vibes, though, like violence is seething just below a surface calm - and this impression is all the more disturbing coming from such an incongruously fragile-looking girl.

5: Where were you born?

In Vadlosk, a small mountain village in Russia, which isn't there any more.

6: What's your date of birth?

April 15th, 2041.

7: What was your family life like?

Valda was part of a large, extended family, with 3 brothers, 2 sisters, and lots of cousins. They weren't rich, but they didn't go hungry, either, and they were happy for the most part.

8: Have you began your own family?

No. That's not even on her radar yet.

9: How were you educated?

She was home-schooled by her parents before her world was turned upside-down. After that, she learned from her mentor, Deadfire, as well as his mercenary associates, absorbing the grim lessons on surviving and dealing death with a silent, focused intensity.

10: Ever done anything else for a living?

No. The possibility of a normal future was taken from her.

11: What are your political and religious beliefs?

Politically, Valkyrie ignores all "isms". She deals with people, not institutions. She is more worried about whether someone is trustworthy or a good person, than what "label" he or she is. She distrusts all bureaucracy, seeing it as a means for cowardly people to do horrible things without having to get their hands dirty. Any time there is a bureaucracy, it means that you have to bribe (or threaten) someone if you want something done.

Religiously, she follows her own very idiosyncratic version of the Norse mythos, mixed with a muddled deism and her own unconventional views (She tends to see the Norse myths in symbolic rather than literal terms. For instance, she sees Gleipnir, the rope that binds Fenris, as symbolizing the invisible ties of friendship and honor that sometimes hold her back).

12: What is your moral code?

Valkyrie is psychotic, ruled only by her friendships and her highly personal code of honor. She calls the laws and petty rules that others live by (and that she has contempt for) "Laeding", and calls more coercive attempts to get her to do something "Dromi", after the first two (failed) chains that they tried to bind the Fenris wolf with. She is similar to "toecutters" (criminals who will only take out hits on other criminals), in that she will not kill defenseless innocents who are only caught in the crossfire, such as nosy reporters, children of executives, etc. (unless they do something to annoy her - she has a nasty temper). Security guards, company men/women, and other 'runners are all fair game, though.

13: Does you have any goals?

Valkyrie wants to take her rightful place at the top of the food chain, and leave a bloody swath of destruction behind her. She is too cynical to believe that she can make much of a difference - she can help a few good people, and kill a lot of bad people, but it won't matter much in the end. She used to be more involved in extreme eco-activism, but got disgusted by the hypocrisy of some of her fellow activists. She left them even more cynical than before.

14: Why do you run the shadows?

Valkrie runs the shadows partly to avenge the deaths of her family and friends, but also because she has accepted that she is a natural predator. It is what she is.

15: What kind of personality do you have?

Valkyrie is an intense but quiet young woman, who speaks in a calm, perfectly modulated voice and shows very little emotion. Even when she is about to go berserk, the only warning is a slight facial tic. She is coldly ruthless and totally fearless in battle. She lives to pit herself against enemies. Money and the softer pleasures of the flesh have little hold on her.

16: What special qualities do you posses?

She can remain calm when faced with situations that would leave others hysterical, although her berserk rage always lurks just below the surface.

17: Are there certain things you can't or won't do?

She finds it impossible to open up to others emotionally, and has a very difficult time trusting anybody.

18: What do you hate?

She hates greedy or wantonly vicious people like the ones who killed her family.

19: What things, people, or ideas do you love?

She loves violence, vengeance, and seeing fearful respect on other people's faces.

20: What's your name?

Her street name is Valkyrie. Her seldom-used real name is Valda Maximoff,

21: What did you used to do?

She was a teenaged girl who would have probably either married and become a housewife or helped run her family's leather crafting business.

22: Why did you leave your job?

Her mountain village was wiped out by corporate raiders looking to mine the area.

23: Why did you become a shadowrunner?

She was originally driven by despair and vengeance. Only later, after some internal struggles, did she learn to accept what she was.

24: How did you meet your contacts?

Deadfire originally introduced her to her armorer and fixer contacts. Her tribal chieftain contact is one of her few friends, met during her eco-activist phase. She still keeps in touch with him. Her talismonger contact was met during that time, too. He is a Cascade Ork with a shady past, but he can get you the magical goods. Usually nothing major, though. She got her sustaining focus from him, but her combat spell focus was "spoils of war".

25: Do you have a SIN?

No. Even before her life as a shadowrunner, the rural area that she was born in was, much like the Barrens, beneath the notice of the authorities assigning SINs.

26: Are you a full time shadowrunner?

Yes.

27: Which person, groups, do you love the most?

She likes rural groups like the Salish, because they remind her of her home town.

28: Who do you hate the most?

She hates people who butcher civilians and innocents, especially if it is out of nothing but mere greed.

29: Respect the most?

She respects people who are skilled and ruthless, but also have a personal code of honor. She respects little else.

30: Fear the most?

She laughs at things most people are terrified of. If she has a fear, it is that one day she will become just like the people she hates.

31: What is your favorite color?

Deep crimson, the color of blood. She also likes sepulcher black.

32: What is your favorite food and/or drink?

She likes steak, preferably rare and bloody. She likes smooth lagers (she has a great deal of contempt for most UCAS beer, although some of the micro-breweries are deemed "adequate" by her) and hard cider.

33: What place would you most like to visit?

California, just to kill a lot of JIS troops.

34: Which person or group are you most loyal to?

She is loyal to her tribal contacts and her ex-mentor Deadfire.

35: What pastime gives you the most enjoyment?

Violent combat.

36: What pastime gives you the least enjoyment.

Killing is fun, but doing your laundry afterwards... ugh.

37: What annoys you the most?

Noisy braggarts.

38: What is your favorite form of art?

She loves classical music, which she finds very relaxing. She can listen to music like Celtic, new age, or soft techno, but a lot of modern music is distasteful noise to her.

39: What is your greatest goal?

She may not leave any kind of lasting legacy, but she would like to take out one of the BIG bad guys, and at least be remembered as a sprawl legend.

40: What is your best quality?

Her fearless aggression.

41: What is your worst quality?

Her aloof coldness.

42: What is the most important thing you have ever done?

She has hunted down all of the people involved in the original massacre of her home town. They are all dead now.

43: What religion do you follow?

A blend of Norse mythology and her own highly personal beliefs.

44: What is your most treasured possession?

A small plush wolf that she calls "Harry"

45: What are your three most common dreams?

> A nightmare where she relives the original massacre. She wakes up screaming, but never remembers any details. This dream is more rare now, and usually happens when she first sleeps in a new place.

> She is in a first-person shooter game, gleefully blasting away. Those watching her smile in her sleep and snuggle her plush wolfie will go "Aaawww".

>She is sitting on a bed of leaves, deep in a forest, while a wolf who stays half-hidden in shadows talks to her. Sometimes she will remember nothing when she wakes up, but have a sense of peace. Other times, she will receive cryptic advice that will only make sense a few months or so later.

46: What is your current relationship with your family?

They are dead. Deadfire and his team, and the Salish chieftain, are the only people she is really close to.

47: If your family is still alive, what do they do and where do they live?

Deadfire and his team are off in Aztlan currently. The Salish chieftain is currently in Denver on some business.

48: Where did you learn your skills?

Deadfire taught her magic, and one of his teammates taught her how to shoot. The rest was learned on Seattle's mean streets.

49: You have a good luck charm?

Her fetishes and foci are like good luck charms to her, and she has named them all from Norse mythology (for example, her two combat fetishes are named Skoll and Hati, after the two wolves who pursue the sun and the moon).

50: What type of music do you like?

She likes classical music, especially Russian composers.

51: List any past serious relationships and details.

None so far, and it would take someone brave to consider dating her.

52: Where do you live? Why do you live there?

She lives in a cluttered, run-down apartment near the Barrens. She will probably move to more upscale accommodations as she continues her deadly career, more for the conveniences of a higher lifestyle than for the luxuries.

53: Detail past Shadowrunning experience.

Her village was massacred by corporate mercenaries. The traumatized girl was taken in by Deadfire and his crew, mercenaries hired by another side to take out the first group. They originally planned on dropping her off somewhere, but when Deadfire sensed magical ability in her, he decided to train her. She also learned how to shoot there. She stayed with them for awhile, but eventually split from them to hunt down the remaining enemy mercenaries and their employers (the suits who had given the orders). She took other jobs to pay the bills in the meantime.

She had a brief interest in eco-activism before becoming disillusioned. Despite a few incidents of her rage taking over, she got a decent reputation as a brutally effective sorceress. Although she has only recently migrated to Seattle from Denver, her job prospects have been looking good so far.
Sphynx
The picture shows 2 Katanas because HeroMachine doesn't have a daisho combo.

The wakazahi was free, it was on an adept he had to kill. He just had to bond it. (original character didn't have the Wak)

Thanks Glyph.

Sphynx
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012