post Aug 21 2006, 07:35 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,388

Recruitment Thread
Moo-Juice Marathon IC Thread

Welcome to the OoC thread.

If people want to give me their starting nuyen dice and multipliers, I can get starting nuyen out of the way.

Judith Simons: FanGirl
05 03 02 02
(12+1)*500=6500¥

Slyph: Mekalus
04 02 01
(7+2)*50=450¥

Hayter: Samaels Ghost
05 03
(8+2)*20=200¥

Jumpin Jill: LilithTaveril
04 04 01 01
10*100=1000¥

Ghost: ARKARY
04 04 01
9*50=450¥

Garret Lightblade: silentmaster101
05 04 04 02
(15+10)*100=2500¥

I'll let everyone describe their character at Matchsticks. I had Ghost arrive early and at least one other person is there before him. Everybody could be there already, or just a single person.

Matchsticks is a known shadowrunner bar in downtown Seattle, so high security rating for the neighborhood. It is modeled after a smoky jazz bar from the 1930s-40s. Most runners know about checking their weapons. There are old runners and bold runners, but few old, bold runners and the last ones to start something got their hoop handed to them by the rest of the customers. As starting PCs, I am assuming you are not old runners, but I am not limiting your boldness. This early in the day, the bar seems empty, there is no live band anywhere to be seen, but it is Happy Hour!

Please remember to disable signatures when posting to the IC thread.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Samaels Ghost
post Aug 21 2006, 08:14 AM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,717

Hayter is a squatter. Lives in his van. Hacks parking garage computers so he doesn't have to pay to park for the night.

+Quote Post
Mekalus
post Aug 21 2006, 12:51 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,609

I had Slyph arrive early. He is wearing his long coat and carrying only his weapon focus knife. He pays the doorman 50 :nuyen: to get in without relenquishing it. so that puts him at 400 :nuyen:

+Quote Post
ARKARY
post Aug 21 2006, 04:13 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,207

I have Low lifestyle, so 3d6x50 :nuyen: . I'm not carrying any of my pointy implements with me, if something happens I can magic my way out.

+Quote Post
LilithTaveril
post Aug 21 2006, 04:49 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,533

Middle lifestyle. 4d6 x 100 :nuyen:

+Quote Post
Green Eyed Monst...
post Aug 22 2006, 12:09 AM
Post #6

Moving Target

ARKARY, I hope you do not mind me appropriating your character to get things rolling. I wanted to use your fixer as a link to the Johnson. The rest was just trying to convey some mood/atmosphere.

Everyone, if you leave something open for interpretation, I feel it is ok for me to flesh it out and help the story. Thus, if there are things you have visualized about your character/contacts/etc., please note them and get them to me before I inadvertantly demolish your suspension of disbelief.

I'll give the stragglers the rest of the day for an introductory post, those that are present, feel free to mingle and get to know each other. Please wait to start interacting with the Johnson or even entering the back room until I give the cue.

The meet will be in a private back room. The room is warded and has a white noise generator. There are no detectable eavesdropping equipment like mikes or cameras. The Johnson is a 50ish human, wearing a suit with no visible clues to his affiliation. He will present the job as a B&E job of a private residence. The residence is in a C security neighborhood, but he suspects the occupant will have his own security/defenses in place. The target is light enough and small enough for a person to carry unobtrusively. He will offer 5K each with 1K up front.

I am giving this information out here to help speed things along. If your character would be checking for wards or camaras or notice the white noise, you can work it into your IC post. You might start posting questions here and we can answer them in the IC. It will help speed things up by getting the usual questions out of the way quickly without having to post them and wait a day for a response before posting your next question. I would like to have the meet take no more than a day to wrap up. So anticipate questions, and pre-ask them.

The Johnson thinks the price is commensurate for the job. He will tell you he does not care if you loot, kill everyone on the premises, or burn the entire neighborhood down. In other words, he does not care about collateral damage. He thinks the job should be able to be pulled in 2 or 3 days, but will give up to a week before he decides you've taken the money and run. He will leave a contact number to leave updates if you desire and for you to set up the meet to deliver the object. The meet is when and where you decide, with The Johnson retaining veto privileges.

I hope this is enough to get ideas going and keep things moving steadily along.

+Quote Post
ARKARY
post Aug 22 2006, 12:45 AM
Post #7

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,207

No problem. If it helps get things moving and to where all the action is, then I'm cool. :D

As for questions for the Johnson, there's the obvious:
"Does the Johnson have any specifics about what security measures are in place?"

"Is there a specific place in the residence where the package is expected to be?"

"Does the Johnson have any details on the building or any information that could help us plan?"

"Is the thing we're after dangerous?"

If anyone else has other questions, they can pitch in.

+Quote Post
Samaels Ghost
post Aug 22 2006, 12:56 AM
Post #8

Moving Target

"Are other runners involved in defense of the target?"

"Who is it that has possession of the target?"

"Security measures and location details (maps, specifics)"

"How important is the target to those we're....borrowing....it from?"

+Quote Post
Green Eyed Monst...
post Aug 22 2006, 01:29 AM
Post #9

Moving Target

You might decide who is going to ask as some of these the Johnson may be reluctant to divulge. Some will be clearer when the run is accepted andhe can divulge further details. You may want to decide which questions are absolutely needed before accepting the run.

+Quote Post
LilithTaveril
post Aug 22 2006, 01:36 AM
Post #10

Moving Target

"Who is the owner of the target connected to?"
"Who are you connected to?"
"If things go horribly wrong, have we just lost our money, or can we make backup arrangements?"
"Do you care if the target is a little scorched or has a few bullet holes? Lone Star can be a little trigger happy."

I vote it be the person who knows how to negotiate.

+Quote Post
Samaels Ghost
post Aug 22 2006, 02:07 AM
Post #11

Moving Target

Who you? I second that.

+Quote Post
LilithTaveril
post Aug 22 2006, 02:25 AM
Post #12

Moving Target

Samaels, if you don't like the liberty I took, let me know. I just thought I'd make up a nickname for a connection. Feel free to return the favor ;)

+Quote Post
FanGirl
post Aug 22 2006, 02:57 AM
Post #13

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,438

Made a skill test!
[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
Samaels Ghost
post Aug 22 2006, 02:58 AM
Post #14

Moving Target

QUOTE (LilithTaveril)
Samaels, if you don't like the liberty I took, let me know. I just thought I'd make up a nickname for a connection. Feel free to return the favor ;)

Fine with that. I added my own interpretation of what happened that night. Am I too cynical or are you too optimistic? :D

+Quote Post
Samaels Ghost
post Aug 22 2006, 03:00 AM
Post #15

Moving Target

SIGNATURES EVERYONE!

+Quote Post
FanGirl
post Aug 22 2006, 03:06 AM
Post #16

Moving Target

sorry. fixed it.

+Quote Post
LilithTaveril
post Aug 22 2006, 03:14 AM
Post #17

Moving Target

QUOTE (Samaels Ghost)
QUOTE (LilithTaveril @ Aug 21 2006, 09:25 PM)
Samaels, if you don't like the liberty I took, let me know. I just thought I'd make up a nickname for a connection. Feel free to return the favor  ;)

Fine with that. I added my own interpretation of what happened that night. Am I too cynical or are you too optimistic? :D

Neither :D

+Quote Post
Samaels Ghost
post Aug 22 2006, 03:46 AM
Post #18

Moving Target

I made a quick reference page for characters and their backstories. I got tired of searching through the recruitment page :D

http://www.geocities.com/samaelsghost/

Edit: eep! some of the backstory text doesn't wrap so it's pretty hard to read. If you really want to read it you can save the file and read it in notepad or something. sorry!

+Quote Post
Green Eyed Monst...
post Aug 22 2006, 03:50 AM
Post #19

Moving Target

QUOTE (Samaels Ghost)
SIGNATURES EVERYONE!

Remember your own advice. ;)

Waiting a bit for silentmaster101, then I'll start the meet.

+Quote Post
FanGirl
post Aug 22 2006, 03:51 AM
Post #20

Moving Target

I just want to say that all are free to come up with a nickname for Judith. I know that her given name sounds much too formal, but I'm afraid to pick out a nickname myself: all I can think of are really lame and obvious ones, like "Silver." :please:

EDIT: Thanks for the page, Samael.

+Quote Post
Samaels Ghost
post Aug 22 2006, 03:56 AM
Post #21

Moving Target

Oops

It doesn't look like Mekalus and silentmaster are even on right now...

+Quote Post
LilithTaveril
post Aug 22 2006, 03:59 AM
Post #22

Moving Target

Nice page... It even makes my ultra-long history look shorter than it is.

+Quote Post
Samaels Ghost
post Aug 22 2006, 04:06 AM
Post #23

Moving Target

QUOTE (LilithTaveril)
Nice page... It even makes my ultra-long history look shorter than it is.

Yeah, that was a mistake. Too lazy to correct it, though

+Quote Post
Samaels Ghost
post Aug 22 2006, 04:25 AM
Post #24

Moving Target

Changed my IC reply because it looks like ARKARY isn't here. Let's keep things going as far as a little character development goes.

+Quote Post
Samaels Ghost
post Aug 22 2006, 04:50 AM
Post #25

Moving Target

When, exactly, is everyone available to sit down and play? I'm free all this week except for Tuesday and Thursday night. And I sleep late so nothing too early.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 07:32 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.