Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Moo-Juice Marathon
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Green Eyed Monster
Recruitment Thread
Moo-Juice Marathon IC Thread

Welcome to the OoC thread.

If people want to give me their starting nuyen dice and multipliers, I can get starting nuyen out of the way.

Judith Simons: FanGirl
05 03 02 02
(12+1)*500=6500¥

Slyph: Mekalus
04 02 01
(7+2)*50=450¥

Hayter: Samaels Ghost
05 03
(8+2)*20=200¥

Jumpin Jill: LilithTaveril
04 04 01 01
10*100=1000¥

Ghost: ARKARY
04 04 01
9*50=450¥

Garret Lightblade: silentmaster101
05 04 04 02
(15+10)*100=2500¥

I'll let everyone describe their character at Matchsticks. I had Ghost arrive early and at least one other person is there before him. Everybody could be there already, or just a single person.

Matchsticks is a known shadowrunner bar in downtown Seattle, so high security rating for the neighborhood. It is modeled after a smoky jazz bar from the 1930s-40s. Most runners know about checking their weapons. There are old runners and bold runners, but few old, bold runners and the last ones to start something got their hoop handed to them by the rest of the customers. As starting PCs, I am assuming you are not old runners, but I am not limiting your boldness. This early in the day, the bar seems empty, there is no live band anywhere to be seen, but it is Happy Hour!

Please remember to disable signatures when posting to the IC thread.
Samaels Ghost
Hayter is a squatter. Lives in his van. Hacks parking garage computers so he doesn't have to pay to park for the night.
Mekalus
I had Slyph arrive early. He is wearing his long coat and carrying only his weapon focus knife. He pays the doorman 50 nuyen.gif to get in without relenquishing it. so that puts him at 400 nuyen.gif
ARKARY
I have Low lifestyle, so 3d6x50 nuyen.gif . I'm not carrying any of my pointy implements with me, if something happens I can magic my way out.
LilithTaveril
Middle lifestyle. 4d6 x 100 nuyen.gif
Green Eyed Monster
ARKARY, I hope you do not mind me appropriating your character to get things rolling. I wanted to use your fixer as a link to the Johnson. The rest was just trying to convey some mood/atmosphere.

Everyone, if you leave something open for interpretation, I feel it is ok for me to flesh it out and help the story. Thus, if there are things you have visualized about your character/contacts/etc., please note them and get them to me before I inadvertantly demolish your suspension of disbelief.

I'll give the stragglers the rest of the day for an introductory post, those that are present, feel free to mingle and get to know each other. Please wait to start interacting with the Johnson or even entering the back room until I give the cue.

The meet will be in a private back room. The room is warded and has a white noise generator. There are no detectable eavesdropping equipment like mikes or cameras. The Johnson is a 50ish human, wearing a suit with no visible clues to his affiliation. He will present the job as a B&E job of a private residence. The residence is in a C security neighborhood, but he suspects the occupant will have his own security/defenses in place. The target is light enough and small enough for a person to carry unobtrusively. He will offer 5K each with 1K up front.

I am giving this information out here to help speed things along. If your character would be checking for wards or camaras or notice the white noise, you can work it into your IC post. You might start posting questions here and we can answer them in the IC. It will help speed things up by getting the usual questions out of the way quickly without having to post them and wait a day for a response before posting your next question. I would like to have the meet take no more than a day to wrap up. So anticipate questions, and pre-ask them.

The Johnson thinks the price is commensurate for the job. He will tell you he does not care if you loot, kill everyone on the premises, or burn the entire neighborhood down. In other words, he does not care about collateral damage. He thinks the job should be able to be pulled in 2 or 3 days, but will give up to a week before he decides you've taken the money and run. He will leave a contact number to leave updates if you desire and for you to set up the meet to deliver the object. The meet is when and where you decide, with The Johnson retaining veto privileges.

I hope this is enough to get ideas going and keep things moving steadily along.
ARKARY
No problem. If it helps get things moving and to where all the action is, then I'm cool. biggrin.gif

As for questions for the Johnson, there's the obvious:
"Does the Johnson have any specifics about what security measures are in place?"

"Is there a specific place in the residence where the package is expected to be?"

"Does the Johnson have any details on the building or any information that could help us plan?"

"Is the thing we're after dangerous?"

If anyone else has other questions, they can pitch in.
Samaels Ghost
"Are other runners involved in defense of the target?"

"Who is it that has possession of the target?"

"Security measures and location details (maps, specifics)"

"How important is the target to those we're....borrowing....it from?"

Green Eyed Monster
You might decide who is going to ask as some of these the Johnson may be reluctant to divulge. Some will be clearer when the run is accepted andhe can divulge further details. You may want to decide which questions are absolutely needed before accepting the run.
LilithTaveril
"Who is the owner of the target connected to?"
"Who are you connected to?"
"If things go horribly wrong, have we just lost our money, or can we make backup arrangements?"
"Do you care if the target is a little scorched or has a few bullet holes? Lone Star can be a little trigger happy."

I vote it be the person who knows how to negotiate.
Samaels Ghost
Who you? I second that.
LilithTaveril
Samaels, if you don't like the liberty I took, let me know. I just thought I'd make up a nickname for a connection. Feel free to return the favor wink.gif
FanGirl
Made a skill test!
[ Spoiler ]
Samaels Ghost
QUOTE (LilithTaveril)
Samaels, if you don't like the liberty I took, let me know. I just thought I'd make up a nickname for a connection. Feel free to return the favor wink.gif

Fine with that. I added my own interpretation of what happened that night. Am I too cynical or are you too optimistic? biggrin.gif
Samaels Ghost
SIGNATURES EVERYONE!
FanGirl
sorry. fixed it.
LilithTaveril
QUOTE (Samaels Ghost)
QUOTE (LilithTaveril @ Aug 21 2006, 09:25 PM)
Samaels, if you don't like the liberty I took, let me know. I just thought I'd make up a nickname for a connection. Feel free to return the favor  wink.gif

Fine with that. I added my own interpretation of what happened that night. Am I too cynical or are you too optimistic? biggrin.gif

Neither biggrin.gif
Samaels Ghost
I made a quick reference page for characters and their backstories. I got tired of searching through the recruitment page biggrin.gif

http://www.geocities.com/samaelsghost/

Edit: eep! some of the backstory text doesn't wrap so it's pretty hard to read. If you really want to read it you can save the file and read it in notepad or something. sorry!
Green Eyed Monster
QUOTE (Samaels Ghost)
SIGNATURES EVERYONE!

Remember your own advice. wink.gif

Waiting a bit for silentmaster101, then I'll start the meet.
FanGirl
I just want to say that all are free to come up with a nickname for Judith. I know that her given name sounds much too formal, but I'm afraid to pick out a nickname myself: all I can think of are really lame and obvious ones, like "Silver." ohplease.gif

EDIT: Thanks for the page, Samael.
Samaels Ghost
Oops

It doesn't look like Mekalus and silentmaster are even on right now...
LilithTaveril
Nice page... It even makes my ultra-long history look shorter than it is.
Samaels Ghost
QUOTE (LilithTaveril)
Nice page... It even makes my ultra-long history look shorter than it is.

Yeah, that was a mistake. Too lazy to correct it, though
Samaels Ghost
Changed my IC reply because it looks like ARKARY isn't here. Let's keep things going as far as a little character development goes.
Samaels Ghost
When, exactly, is everyone available to sit down and play? I'm free all this week except for Tuesday and Thursday night. And I sleep late so nothing too early.
LilithTaveril
Afternoons to evenings. I have college to worry about.
FanGirl
Ditto, at least most of the time. I'll let you know within a reasonable amount of time whenever that won't be so.
Samaels Ghost
I'm college too, starting next week. Ditto-ditto
Mekalus
Damn sorry all I was expecting like a few posts a day. Catching up readin IC now and will post response. I can usually post what is late evening to early morning in central time. If needs be I can try and post unreliably at other times fron mid afternoon to evening. Mornings are out simply because that is when I sleep.

Question for the Johnson:
"How fragile is the package?"
"Is there any "Special" handling that needs to be taken into account?"
"Is there any advanced intel he can give on the target or are we on our own in that regard?"
Samaels Ghost
That's actually a very good question: How often should we expect there to be posts?

I'm on here a lot (maybe too much lately) so I can post a lot. But I realize that others can't or have lives. I've been bored lately, sooooo....

It's funny. The Dwarf I play at home has a tendancy to attract ordinance as well biggrin.gif
LilithTaveril
GM said at least once a day on the recruitment post.

Oh, and I'm doing some pre sleeping-in-class posting.
Green Eyed Monster
I had a nice, lengthy, IC post written and the computer lost it. I think I am going to have to start writing them offline, saving a copy, and then attempt to post it. When I calm down and psyche back up I will attempt to recreate it.

Sorry for the delay. Please remember to disable signatures in the IC thread, curently half the group has missed this. They can still be edited.
ARKARY
Ha! I don't have a signature.

And when I'm typing posts, if it's not too long that it would really need to be written offline first, a quick method of saving is to highlight everything and hit ctrl+C. If the browser crashes or you need to change pages, you can always ctrl+V to re-paste what you last copied. Not perfect, but it's nice in instances when I have to hit back to re-check a thread for some detail I wanted to include.
LilithTaveril
Hmm, it seems my browser isn't always displaying signatures...

In any case, I'd go with Arkary's advice. It's really, really helpful.
silentmaster101
sorry im late guys, been working 12 hour shifts at work to gear up for the new school year, and i couldnt turn down almost 45 an hour. but im here.

starting nuyen is 14D6x:nuyen: 100 following the new rules word for word.

since i paid for 219k worth of char gen goods( 166100 on cyber, and 52900 on equp), that leaves me 1000 i havent used, and i can add one dice for every 100 not used, therefor, 4D6x100+ 10 dice. (yeah i know i broke it down a bit, but it was more math checking for me. and to get that rule down by memory.

i am free after 4:30 pm est all week, which is work, now that overtime is mostly over. may work all weekend too, but that will not last past 4:30.

[ Spoiler ]
ARKARY
Actually, the nuyen roll is (xd6 (+cash bonus)) * (lifestyle amount). So, if you roll 4d6*100, and you have 1000 left over, you do (4d6+10)*100. The number just adds to the roll result (and before the multiplying), and you can add up to + half of the dice roll total, which in this case would be 12.
silentmaster101
oops, well thats why i broke it out then:-P
cause i am taking things as well as i can interpret them, although i did read that one wrong i admit haha
Green Eyed Monster
QUOTE (LilithTaveril)
Hmm, it seems my browser isn't always displaying signatures...

In any case, I'd go with Arkary's advice. It's really, really helpful.

I think you can set it so it displays no ones signature, you set it so it does not add your signature to any posts, or when posting you can choose not to add your sig to that post. You can edit the post to turn off your sig, but remember when editing a post to remember to again not display the sig.

QUOTE (ARKARY)
And when I'm typing posts, if it's not too long that it would really need to be written offline first, a quick method of saving is to highlight everything and hit ctrl+C. If the browser crashes or you need to change pages, you can always ctrl+V to re-paste what you last copied.

I have done that when I catch it, but if I'm thinking of it ahead of time, it is about as easy to write it off line and run through a better spell checker.

Of course, if I did it all on line I might have caught silentmaster101's post and saved another re-write. frown.gif
silentmaster101
ah but you may have lost it and needed to re-write it again anyway;-)
FanGirl
So, who's going to be asking the questions? And should we try and negotiate a better deal? smile.gif
Samaels Ghost
We may not be able to contact the out side, but we still can communicate inside the room via comms. Who has a DNI with their comms?
LilithTaveril
Hmm... I still say someone with the negotiations skill asks.
FanGirl
That's you, Lillith; you have the best CHA at 5, as well as the best Negotiation rating at 4. Go for it!
silentmaster101
yes i concur:-P
LilithTaveril
I started off with the first question that I could concievably expect an answer to without having to accept the mission first. I'm looking over the others to see which ones can be asked without requiring us to accept it first, and so far that's very few.
FanGirl
I wanna ask whether the object we're getting is likely to be harmful to us, and if so, what measures we can take to protect against it. After all, it could very well be something really nasty, like a deadly virus sample or a cursed magic item.

EDIT: I just thought of something: we could have each person ask a question. That way, we would all be able to participate somewhat equally and not have to sit around and twiddle our thumbs while Lillith takes the lion's share of the interactions. What do you all think?
LilithTaveril
I'd suggest doing it that way. Not all of these are ones Jumpin Jill would think of.
FanGirl
YAY! I'll take that as an order to go ahead and ask my question in the IC thread. biggrin.gif
Green Eyed Monster
Not that I have not taken some metagaming liberties, but does everyone know Jumpin Jill well enough to defer to her?
LilithTaveril
Well, I think Haytor does... I think the rest don't.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012