Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dragon*Con War Stories, Missions Report
Whizbang
post Sep 5 2006, 04:49 AM
Post #1

Running Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,645

For most of the Con, the group was pretty much the same cast of characters with a few changes, so by the end, we had gotten into a close knit operation. And this is your warning that there are major spoilers here.

Parliment of Thieves

[ Spoiler ]

Best Served Cold

[ Spoiler ]

The Grab

[ Spoiler ]

Thrash the Body Electric

[ Spoiler ]

Through a Rose Colored Display Link

[ Spoiler ]

The Flip Side

[ Spoiler ]

An Ounce of Prevention

[ Spoiler ]

Chasing the Dragon

[ Spoiler ]

All in all, 8 runs, 7 successes, 1 failure, and 0 team fatalities. I'll call that a win.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
the_dunner
post Sep 5 2006, 12:24 PM
Post #2

Shooting Target

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 6,522

Thanks for the detailed reports, Whizbang!

Sounds like you guys took a few interesting twists and turns along the way. :cyber:

I saw the attendee numbers report for Shadowrun, but hadn't realized that the 8 sold out/oversold games of Missions were all the same people.

For those following along at home, there were 8 scheduled SRM games at DragonCon. We actually ended up running 9 tables. (We had an extra GM and 8 extra players at one session.) 5 tables were run at more than capacity, and only 2 had 1 open seat.

+Quote Post
Whizbang
post Sep 5 2006, 01:26 PM
Post #3

Running Target

Yeah...I only actually managed to get tickets for 3 events. I was lucky enough to generic into the rest, though. *Thanks the GMs profusely for allowing folks over capacity*

For future missions, it might help to make the Denver map a bit more friendly to black and white printers. I believe it was Parliment of Thieves where, number 1 blended right into the road on the GM's black and white map.

And a bit more on The Grab since it doesn't seem to like me editing my long post....

[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
dog_xinu
post Sep 5 2006, 11:46 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,091

I saw the attendee numbers report for Shadowrun, but hadn't realized that the 8 sold out/oversold games of Missions were all the same people. 

For those following along at home, there were 8 scheduled SRM games at DragonCon.  We actually ended up running 9 tables.  (We had an extra GM and 8 extra players at one session.)  5 tables were run at more than capacity, and only 2 had 1 open seat.

I was one of the GMs of the weekend and I had plenty of people asking for pickups games. And I was also one of the GMs that took extra players.

Based on the numbers and the "aggressive manor" of a lot of the standbys, we need to run more sessions. I actually had to stand behind a large man that was built like a wall to protect myself from the players. I just happened to mention I would take extra players and they were on my like a rabid tiger on a little bunny rabbit.

DragonCON was very happy about the turn out and desire for the sessions. Or at least that is what they told me.

+Quote Post
the_dunner
post Sep 6 2006, 12:05 AM
Post #5

Shooting Target

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 6,522

QUOTE (dog_xinu)
Based on the numbers and the "aggressive manor" of a lot of the standbys, we need to run more sessions.

This was the first year that FanPro had a presence at the con, so we weren't really sure what to expect. GMs permitting, we'll see if we can have more tables next year. :D

+Quote Post
RobertB
post Sep 6 2006, 01:01 AM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,516

I'd also like to chime in my thanks to all the GMs that ran Missions. I realize you folks didn't get a lot of time to prepare for the events, but we appreciate the effort. GMing is usually a thankless task, so volunteering late in the game as I know some of you did is appreciated by all of us.

Robert (aka Spanner)

+Quote Post
Zolhex
post Sep 6 2006, 03:00 AM
Post #7

Project Terminus: Soul Hunters

Member No.: 5,798

Just a note while I was unable to go to this con it sounds like SRM's were a real hit which is great and if anyone that was there plays a physical adept you may want to check out the SRM thread about the player created initiatory group we have going.

+Quote Post
KarmaInferno
post Sep 6 2006, 03:24 AM
Post #8

Old Man Jones

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 1,699

Thanks to all the folks running games, and putting up with an old Virtual Seattle player trying to figure out the new systems.

Doc Thunder will be making more appearances in Missions, count on it.

+Quote Post
Kai
post Sep 6 2006, 07:11 PM
Post #9

Hacker For Hire

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 7,165

Hey, thanks for putting up with those of us a bit underexperienced with Missions procedures! I know some of the players were probably a bit dissappointed and expecting more out of the GMs, I promise it'll be better next year :)

--//[改]>

+Quote Post
SwampGator
post Sep 6 2006, 11:55 PM
Post #10

Target

Member No.: 9,312

I will say that I had a hell of a lot of fun playing every mission. All the GM's were great, and I look forward to running with them next year.

+Quote Post
Whizbang
post Sep 7 2006, 03:34 AM
Post #11

Running Target

Yep. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone, GMs and players alike, next year.

-Zelda

+Quote Post
Dyspeptic
post Sep 7 2006, 04:49 AM
Post #12

Target

Member No.: 9,326

I for one am already looking forward to next year. The SR availability this year (both quantity and quality) was orders of magnitude better than previous years. Many thanks to the SRM GM team; you guys were great. And a huge thank you to all my fellow runner out there, in particular what worked out to be our "core team": Spanner, Toast, Chen, Swamp Gator, Zelda, and Kali. Any mission, any time, anywhere, guys.

--"Smith"

+Quote Post
TranKirsaKali
post Sep 11 2006, 08:24 PM
Post #13

Target

Member No.: 9,362

Zelda's account's were very accurate. The only thing I would change is the shapechanging mage is actually a Shaman. And what a way to play with Technomancers! Who would ever suspect a pigeon of hacking your comp?
We worked well as a team and I am looking forward to playing with the gang again next year.

Kali[FONT=Courier][COLOR=purple]

+Quote Post
Dragoonkin
post Sep 12 2006, 02:26 AM
Post #14

Target

Member No.: 5,594

Damn...wish I'd signed up for a Shadowrun game or three at D*C...it was my first time there and to be honest, the game signup system was a blur of nonsense to my brain, I didn't end up playing ANYTHING over the entire weekend, which sucked because I'd gone there mostly to experience SR4 done by someone who actually knows it.

Ah well, always next year.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:16 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.