IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SR super nintendo redone?, a possibility? has it been done already?
fourstring_samur...
post Sep 14 2006, 03:09 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,912

i was messing around with the map maker on Fallout: Tactics the other day, and realized that the game is in the same three quarter's view that SR was for supernintendo.

Now, while most of that game's mechanics were wacky compared to pen and paper SR, I still and always will love it. what i wanted to know was if anyone had already made any new versions of this game in any format, including FO:Tactics.

i don't think it would be that difficult, but i wanted to check to see if anyone had already done it so i wouldn't be wasting my time.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lorechaser
post Sep 14 2006, 03:32 PM
Post #2

Running Target

Member No.: 9,168

I'd buy it.

+Quote Post
Dale
post Sep 14 2006, 04:21 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,088

I'd buy that for a dollar
:D

+Quote Post
nezumi
post Sep 14 2006, 07:12 PM
Post #4

Incertum est quo loco te mors expectet;

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 5,760

I'd give it a try, but I get the feeling that if I really wanted to play something non-canon, I'd just play M$'s version.

+Quote Post
2bit
post Sep 14 2006, 07:22 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,526

genesis version was better.

+Quote Post
Shrike30
post Sep 14 2006, 07:27 PM
Post #6

Runner

Member No.: 98

You could always just fire up an emulator (or an old SNES) and play it without having to remake it.

+Quote Post
JongWK
post Sep 14 2006, 07:49 PM
Post #7

Shooting Target

Group: Validating
Member No.: 3,992

Speaking of the SNES and Genesis games, do we know if they are going to be in the Wii's Virtual Console?

+Quote Post
Thanee
post Sep 14 2006, 08:03 PM
Post #8

jacked in

Group: Admin
Member No.: 463

If I only had a SNES console... I got the game cardridge, but no console to play it. :)

The emulator is a fine replacement, though.

Bye
Thanee

+Quote Post
eidolon
post Sep 14 2006, 08:07 PM
Post #9

ghostrider

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 6,333

Ebay dude. Lost of SNESs last time I was looking. :)

+Quote Post
hobgoblin
post Sep 14 2006, 08:09 PM
Post #10

panda!

Member No.: 2,242

QUOTE (JongWK)
Speaking of the SNES and Genesis games, do we know if they are going to be in the Wii's Virtual Console?

cant say i spotted it on any list, but then i cant say i have payed much attention lately...

+Quote Post
fourstring_samur...
post Sep 14 2006, 08:39 PM
Post #11

Moving Target

i already own the old school version. i just thought it'd rock with update graphics/weapons.

+Quote Post
hobgoblin
post Sep 14 2006, 09:06 PM
Post #12

panda!

and maybe a more correct digital interpetation of the rules?

+Quote Post
Lagomorph
post Sep 14 2006, 10:17 PM
Post #13

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,832

QUOTE (JongWK)

Although I know nearly nothing about it, my ignorant guess would be that the Wii will only have games made by nintendo, not for nintendo. But if I'm wrong it's all the more reason to buy one.

+Quote Post
Dewar
post Sep 14 2006, 11:11 PM
Post #14

Target

Member No.: 8,590

QUOTE (fourstring_samurai)
What i wanted to know was if anyone had already made any new versions of this game in any format, including FO:Tactics.

i don't think it would be that difficult, but i wanted to check to see if anyone had already done it so i wouldn't be wasting my time.

Someone was working on making an persistant world in the Neverwinter Nights engine. I don't have the link anymore but it looked pretty cool.

+Quote Post
Iron Guardian
post Sep 14 2006, 11:50 PM
Post #15

Target

Member No.: 9,005

Just wish I had a strategy guide or something for mine as I eventually got stuck and couldn't figure out what to do next...still have the SNES and game, just haven't played it in years because I got stuck. I assume the character is supposed to become a Dog shaman (unless that Dog spirit was lying :( ). I avoid the street doc as he sets off the cortex bomb...haven't beaten the street punk in the arena yet...also haven't figured out how to get by the door in that part of town where everyone is sniping you... :dead:

Probably have to start from scratch now if I wanted to play it again as I forgotten most of what I knew back then... :(

+Quote Post
Pchapin
post Sep 15 2006, 01:24 AM
Post #16

Target

Member No.: 6,240

Iron Guardian -

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/snes/game/588651.html

Gamefaqs is pretty good in terms of walkthroughs and what not, and its free.

+Quote Post
hyzmarca
post Sep 15 2006, 01:46 AM
Post #17

Midnight Toker

Member No.: 6,456

QUOTE (Lagomorph)
QUOTE (JongWK @ Sep 14 2006, 07:49 PM)

Although I know nearly nothing about it, my ignorant guess would be that the Wii will only have games made by nintendo, not for nintendo. But if I'm wrong it's all the more reason to buy one.

Nintendo never made games for the Sega Genesis or the Turobografix 16. The Wii virtual console emulates both.

You have to let the street doc activate the bomb so he'll send you to the guy who can deactivate it.

As for such a remake, Halo Zero hasn't been squashed so you shouldn't have to worry too much about Microsoft's lawyers, although this isn't a bad way to meet them.

+Quote Post
Wounded Ronin
post Sep 15 2006, 01:54 AM
Post #18

Great Dragon

Member No.: 6,383

QUOTE (Iron Guardian)
Just wish I had a strategy guide or something for mine as I eventually got stuck and couldn't figure out what to do next...still have the SNES and game, just haven't played it in years because I got stuck. I assume the character is supposed to become a Dog shaman (unless that Dog spirit was lying :( ). I avoid the street doc as he sets off the cortex bomb...haven't beaten the street punk in the arena yet...also haven't figured out how to get by the door in that part of town where everyone is sniping you... :dead:

Probably have to start from scratch now if I wanted to play it again as I forgotten most of what I knew back then... :(

Har, by not setting off the cortex bomb you fail to advance the plot.

The dog shaman thing is a little bit passive aggressive. IIRC you have to interact a little bit with Dog but you don't actually have to do all his quests. Most of them are strictly optional as all they do is give you more spells. If you don't feel you need magic then you don't have to do them.

If you haven't beaten the street punk in the caryards arena you're probably not tapping the fire button fast enough. Alternately you can just fight lots of random encounters in the car yards until you level up your health enough to have an easy time in the arena.

Get by the door "where everyone is sniping you"? There's no point in the game you just can't Robert Hamburger "friggin book" through. It sounds like you just need to level up and get more hitpoints.

+Quote Post
Bodak
post Sep 15 2006, 03:38 AM
Post #19

Moving Target

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 5,015

QUOTE (Wounded Ronin)
There's no point in the game you just can't Robert Hamburger "friggin book" through. It sounds like you just need to level up and get more hitpoints.

Now there's a real emo samurai. Three cheers for Robert Hamburger. Buy his book!

+Quote Post
Iron Guardian
post Sep 15 2006, 11:03 PM
Post #20

Target

Member No.: 9,005

Activate the bomb...huh...I don't recall the street doc telling me where to go or who to see about de-activating it...maybe I missed it somehow as I eventually realized what the ticking was and re-booted the game, and avoided the street doc. As Homer Simpson would say..."D'ohhh..." :eek:

As for the street ganger in the arena, all I remember is that he would run circles around me with his SMG while I fought back with a pistol or some such weapon...probably wasted my :nuyen: earlier getting that hireling street samurai to assist me in getting to that door I couldn't get by...double "Dohhh..." :dead:

Anyhoo...thanks for the all the help and that website above! ;)

Guess when I get the chance I'll just start over 8)

+Quote Post
Thanee
post Sep 16 2006, 12:55 AM
Post #21

jacked in

Group: Admin
Member No.: 463

Good luck with the trolls. :D

Bye
Thanee

+Quote Post
emo samurai
post Sep 16 2006, 02:36 PM
Post #22

Dragon

Member No.: 8,019

Wait until you have wired reflexes and a shotgun.

+Quote Post
hobgoblin
post Sep 16 2006, 03:07 PM
Post #23

panda!

is there a real timer on that bomb or can one run around for ages without setting it off? i have never checked and i dont feel like firing up the game again just do to so...

+Quote Post
The Grifter
post Sep 16 2006, 03:28 PM
Post #24

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,918

is there a real timer on that bomb or can one run around for ages without setting it off? i have never checked and i dont feel like firing up the game again just do to so...

yeah, there is a timer. And it will go off and kill you. I can't remember the exact amount of time, but it will flash up on the screen occasionally as to how much time is left.

+Quote Post
fourstring_samur...
post Sep 16 2006, 05:12 PM
Post #25

Moving Target

it's like 15 minutes or a half hour real time.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 08:25 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.