Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SR super nintendo redone?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
fourstring_samurai
i was messing around with the map maker on Fallout: Tactics the other day, and realized that the game is in the same three quarter's view that SR was for supernintendo.

Now, while most of that game's mechanics were wacky compared to pen and paper SR, I still and always will love it. what i wanted to know was if anyone had already made any new versions of this game in any format, including FO:Tactics.

i don't think it would be that difficult, but i wanted to check to see if anyone had already done it so i wouldn't be wasting my time.

lorechaser
I'd buy it.
Dale
I'd buy that for a dollar
biggrin.gif
nezumi
I'd give it a try, but I get the feeling that if I really wanted to play something non-canon, I'd just play M$'s version.
2bit
genesis version was better.
Shrike30
You could always just fire up an emulator (or an old SNES) and play it without having to remake it.
JongWK
Speaking of the SNES and Genesis games, do we know if they are going to be in the Wii's Virtual Console?
Thanee
If I only had a SNES console... I got the game cardridge, but no console to play it. smile.gif

The emulator is a fine replacement, though.

Bye
Thanee
eidolon
Ebay dude. Lost of SNESs last time I was looking. smile.gif
hobgoblin
QUOTE (JongWK)
Speaking of the SNES and Genesis games, do we know if they are going to be in the Wii's Virtual Console?

cant say i spotted it on any list, but then i cant say i have payed much attention lately...
fourstring_samurai
i already own the old school version. i just thought it'd rock with update graphics/weapons.
hobgoblin
and maybe a more correct digital interpetation of the rules?
Lagomorph
QUOTE (JongWK)

Although I know nearly nothing about it, my ignorant guess would be that the Wii will only have games made by nintendo, not for nintendo. But if I'm wrong it's all the more reason to buy one.
Dewar
QUOTE (fourstring_samurai)
What i wanted to know was if anyone had already made any new versions of this game in any format, including FO:Tactics.

i don't think it would be that difficult, but i wanted to check to see if anyone had already done it so i wouldn't be wasting my time.

Someone was working on making an persistant world in the Neverwinter Nights engine. I don't have the link anymore but it looked pretty cool.
Iron Guardian
Just wish I had a strategy guide or something for mine as I eventually got stuck and couldn't figure out what to do next...still have the SNES and game, just haven't played it in years because I got stuck. I assume the character is supposed to become a Dog shaman (unless that Dog spirit was lying frown.gif ). I avoid the street doc as he sets off the cortex bomb...haven't beaten the street punk in the arena yet...also haven't figured out how to get by the door in that part of town where everyone is sniping you... dead.gif

Probably have to start from scratch now if I wanted to play it again as I forgotten most of what I knew back then... frown.gif
Pchapin
Iron Guardian -

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/snes/game/588651.html

Gamefaqs is pretty good in terms of walkthroughs and what not, and its free.
hyzmarca
QUOTE (Lagomorph)
QUOTE (JongWK @ Sep 14 2006, 07:49 PM)

Although I know nearly nothing about it, my ignorant guess would be that the Wii will only have games made by nintendo, not for nintendo. But if I'm wrong it's all the more reason to buy one.

Nintendo never made games for the Sega Genesis or the Turobografix 16. The Wii virtual console emulates both.

You have to let the street doc activate the bomb so he'll send you to the guy who can deactivate it.

As for such a remake, Halo Zero hasn't been squashed so you shouldn't have to worry too much about Microsoft's lawyers, although this isn't a bad way to meet them.
Wounded Ronin
QUOTE (Iron Guardian)
Just wish I had a strategy guide or something for mine as I eventually got stuck and couldn't figure out what to do next...still have the SNES and game, just haven't played it in years because I got stuck. I assume the character is supposed to become a Dog shaman (unless that Dog spirit was lying frown.gif ). I avoid the street doc as he sets off the cortex bomb...haven't beaten the street punk in the arena yet...also haven't figured out how to get by the door in that part of town where everyone is sniping you... dead.gif

Probably have to start from scratch now if I wanted to play it again as I forgotten most of what I knew back then... frown.gif

Har, by not setting off the cortex bomb you fail to advance the plot.

The dog shaman thing is a little bit passive aggressive. IIRC you have to interact a little bit with Dog but you don't actually have to do all his quests. Most of them are strictly optional as all they do is give you more spells. If you don't feel you need magic then you don't have to do them.

If you haven't beaten the street punk in the caryards arena you're probably not tapping the fire button fast enough. Alternately you can just fight lots of random encounters in the car yards until you level up your health enough to have an easy time in the arena.

Get by the door "where everyone is sniping you"? There's no point in the game you just can't Robert Hamburger "friggin book" through. It sounds like you just need to level up and get more hitpoints.

Bodak
QUOTE (Wounded Ronin)
There's no point in the game you just can't Robert Hamburger "friggin book" through. It sounds like you just need to level up and get more hitpoints.

Now there's a real emo samurai. Three cheers for Robert Hamburger. Buy his book!
Iron Guardian
Activate the bomb...huh...I don't recall the street doc telling me where to go or who to see about de-activating it...maybe I missed it somehow as I eventually realized what the ticking was and re-booted the game, and avoided the street doc. As Homer Simpson would say..."D'ohhh..." eek.gif

As for the street ganger in the arena, all I remember is that he would run circles around me with his SMG while I fought back with a pistol or some such weapon...probably wasted my nuyen.gif earlier getting that hireling street samurai to assist me in getting to that door I couldn't get by...double "Dohhh..." dead.gif

Anyhoo...thanks for the all the help and that website above! wink.gif

Guess when I get the chance I'll just start over cool.gif
Thanee
Good luck with the trolls. biggrin.gif

Bye
Thanee
emo samurai
Wait until you have wired reflexes and a shotgun.
hobgoblin
is there a real timer on that bomb or can one run around for ages without setting it off? i have never checked and i dont feel like firing up the game again just do to so...
The Grifter
is there a real timer on that bomb or can one run around for ages without setting it off? i have never checked and i dont feel like firing up the game again just do to so...

yeah, there is a timer. And it will go off and kill you. I can't remember the exact amount of time, but it will flash up on the screen occasionally as to how much time is left.

fourstring_samurai
it's like 15 minutes or a half hour real time.
Wounded Ronin
QUOTE (Iron Guardian)
Activate the bomb...huh...I don't recall the street doc telling me where to go or who to see about de-activating it...maybe I missed it somehow as I eventually realized what the ticking was and re-booted the game, and avoided the street doc. As Homer Simpson would say..."D'ohhh..." eek.gif

As for the street ganger in the arena, all I remember is that he would run circles around me with his SMG while I fought back with a pistol or some such weapon...probably wasted my nuyen.gif earlier getting that hireling street samurai to assist me in getting to that door I couldn't get by...double "Dohhh..." dead.gif

Anyhoo...thanks for the all the help and that website above! wink.gif

Guess when I get the chance I'll just start over cool.gif

You must be referring to the Rust Stilettoes gang leader.

He can be tough if you've been rushing through the game. However, if you beefed up your character at the car yards it can even be possible to take him and the whole gang yourself. (It's not necessarily easy to do it all in one go, but it's at least possible. More practically if you don't hire any runners you might need to make a few trips and take them out a little bit at a time.)

Usually at the car yards I try to kill everyone in the arena except for the duplicating mage with only my beretta, so I usually pump up my character until his hitpoints are over 100 by fighting with the random ecounter in the caryards. If you can kill everyone in the arena fights with the beretta except for the duplicating mage (who IIRC can't be damaged with the beretta) you can smoke King really easily and almost (and possible can) take on the whole Rust Stilettos gang by yourself.
Bull
The problem with the SNES and Sega games on the Wii isn't what the system will emulate, it's who owns the copyrights, whether or not they're willing to sell them, and/or if Nintendo is willing to pay the licensing fee's.

MS owns the general SR video game rights, so if I had to guess, I'd say that MS owns the rights to the SNES and Sega versions as well now, but I'm not really sure. <shrug>

Bull
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012