IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Using MJLBB in SR4..., is it worth it?
Solstice
post Sep 24 2006, 04:29 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 5,960

I was just wondering if I should buy it even though we have switched to SR4?

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rotbart van Dain...
post Sep 24 2006, 04:33 PM
Post #2

Hoppelhäschen 5000

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,951

That depends on your experience level:

The actual rules are either outdated or integrated into SR4, so the only thing left is nice advice for the GM and some random setting material.
Basically, the breakdown is this:

25% GM Advice, 27% Connections, 19% Locations, 19% Plot Hooks and 7% Rules.

+Quote Post
Bull
post Sep 24 2006, 04:36 PM
Post #3

Grumpy Old Ork Decker

Group: Admin
Member No.: 50

MJLBB is mostly information, and almost no rules. It's all background information to help GMs ith their game. Stuff like GMing tips, how Mr Johnsons and Shadowruns operate, etc.

About the only things in the book that would be less useful would be the very small rules section in the back (Mostly rules for modified power level character creation and reputation), and possibly the contacts section, since the stats are all in 3rd ed numbers. Course, I almost never bother statting out contacts anyways, asnd that sorta thing is easy enough to tweak.

I'd say well worth the purchase, honestly. If you're not GMing, it's not all taht useful to you, and if you've been GMing for years, you know a lot of what it'll tell you, but theres still some useful stuff in there. THings that even us old time GMs either never really knew, or have fortgotten.

Bull

+Quote Post
knasser
post Sep 24 2006, 07:15 PM
Post #4

Shadow Cartographer

Member No.: 8,636

SR 4 here with MMJLBB. It's very well written and primarily fluff. It depends how annoyed you are by things like all of the stat blocks now being wrong. It's really not a big deal.

There are a lot of good suggestions and some good characters. The feel is marginally less polished than the SR4 stuff. In a way, it's like a much expanded version of the SR4 GM screen booklet. It's worth getting, I'd say (though after having bought all the SR4 products).

+Quote Post
Mistwalker
post Sep 24 2006, 07:45 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 9,304

I find it useful

Most is setting, flavor for SR in general.

+Quote Post
fool
post Sep 25 2006, 09:14 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,316

all useful fluff.
I particularly liked the section on contacts as it has a bunch of different types of fixers for instance. Some of the settings (Gunthers BBQ in the ork underground eg) have become regular settings in both my campaign and for my pc characters.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 01:17 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.