Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Using MJLBB in SR4...
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Solstice
I was just wondering if I should buy it even though we have switched to SR4?

Rotbart van Dainig
That depends on your experience level:

The actual rules are either outdated or integrated into SR4, so the only thing left is nice advice for the GM and some random setting material.
Basically, the breakdown is this:

25% GM Advice, 27% Connections, 19% Locations, 19% Plot Hooks and 7% Rules.
Bull
MJLBB is mostly information, and almost no rules. It's all background information to help GMs ith their game. Stuff like GMing tips, how Mr Johnsons and Shadowruns operate, etc.

About the only things in the book that would be less useful would be the very small rules section in the back (Mostly rules for modified power level character creation and reputation), and possibly the contacts section, since the stats are all in 3rd ed numbers. Course, I almost never bother statting out contacts anyways, asnd that sorta thing is easy enough to tweak.

I'd say well worth the purchase, honestly. If you're not GMing, it's not all taht useful to you, and if you've been GMing for years, you know a lot of what it'll tell you, but theres still some useful stuff in there. THings that even us old time GMs either never really knew, or have fortgotten.

Bull
knasser
SR 4 here with MMJLBB. It's very well written and primarily fluff. It depends how annoyed you are by things like all of the stat blocks now being wrong. It's really not a big deal.

There are a lot of good suggestions and some good characters. The feel is marginally less polished than the SR4 stuff. In a way, it's like a much expanded version of the SR4 GM screen booklet. It's worth getting, I'd say (though after having bought all the SR4 products).
Mistwalker
I find it useful

Most is setting, flavor for SR in general.
fool
all useful fluff.
I particularly liked the section on contacts as it has a bunch of different types of fixers for instance. Some of the settings (Gunthers BBQ in the ork underground eg) have become regular settings in both my campaign and for my pc characters.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012