Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Custom Arrows, Design with cost dam and specials
CoalHeart
post Oct 22 2003, 08:45 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,757

I'm planning on purchasing a whole slew of new arrows for my PC. He's got STR 8 and projectile(Ranger X) 6( 8 )

So With Standard Ranger X arrows thats 12 M Damage

So need custom arrows, try for a format of

Type : Damage : Cost: SI:
Special effects:

My Black Heart Thanks you.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CoalHeart
post Oct 22 2003, 08:57 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Just thinking out loud to my friend here came up with a few

Name : Acid Arrow Damage : Standard + (Acid Rating) M
Cost: Standard + acid cost

Special: Has a Acid capsule in the shaft, on impact it breaks spilling contents inside person. so Rating M damage for several turns.

Name: Rambo 1 Damage : 16 M (area)
cost: 160-250

Special : 1/2 medium long and extreme Range because of awkwardness. Has an Impact grenade mounted on the end of an arrow shaft. Just like from the movies.

Dam my lack of imagination for anything more.

+Quote Post
Backgammon
post Oct 22 2003, 08:57 PM
Post #3

Ain Soph Aur

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 600

Uhh, might one to go through your GM for this one.

+Quote Post
CoalHeart
post Oct 22 2003, 09:02 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

I intend to. Just need a list of things to present, and summarily be rejected. Hopefully one or two can slip by with an approval. Dam GM's think they run everything... er s*** they do. F***.

Edited for Content Forgot this was PG.

+Quote Post
Kurukami
post Oct 22 2003, 09:25 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,242

One suggestion regarding the acidic and impact-grenade arrows:

Try not to drop your quiver. :vegm:

Or have it get hit hard. OK, so that's two...

+Quote Post
Shadow
post Oct 22 2003, 09:33 PM
Post #6

Why oh why didn't I take the blue pill.

Member No.: 2,006

Your acid arrows would be good for degrading armor, but because they break on impact I don't think they would actually go through armor.

As a side note Coalheart, don't forget this is a PG-13 forum.

I think you can Dikote arrows, that would be cool. You could also have flare arrows for blinding people and for increase targeting. It's easy to shoot someone who looks like a torch.

+Quote Post
Dr Vital
post Oct 22 2003, 09:33 PM
Post #7

Target

Member No.: 5,724

I just got my GM to accept Dikote tipped Ranger X arrows for a cost of :nuyen:1200 for 5. (What you spend on arrows you save on medical costs...)

Dikoted arrows give you (Str+4)S damage on your bow, and with the dice you're rolling they should do a fine job. They can also punch through vehicles for an added bonus.

Beyond that I'd agree with Kurukami, be careful what you put into your quiver.

+Quote Post
mfb
post Oct 23 2003, 01:26 AM
Post #8

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 5,670

boxing glove arrows. you've got to have boxing glove arrows.

+Quote Post
Street Wyze
post Oct 23 2003, 01:32 AM
Post #9

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,554

This is something I have been considering for a while, but have not run it by anyone until now. It's a modification to make explosive arrows more powerful. Could you pack a hollow shaft with C-12 that is detonated when the explosive tip goes off? I know that the amount you could fit inside is nowhere near a kilo, but would it be enough to up the power another 2 points or so?

Nice Green Arrow reference MFB, I like it. :P

+Quote Post
Tanka
post Oct 23 2003, 01:47 AM
Post #10

Chrome to the Core

Member No.: 5,715

As far as I remember, C12 goes off due to voltage, so, theoretically, you could. Just have the explosive tip send some voltage through to hit the C12.

Note: Nukes and plastic explosves (C6+, plastique, etc.) are only set off from electrical charges. Back in 'Nam, people would cook on C6, as it wouldn't go off from it, and it could keep the fire going rather well.

Ideas:

Shock Dart: Does the same kind of damage as a normal arrow (maybe less?), but also deals Stun due to a nice shock going through the arrow.

'Nade Dart: Somebody was saying that the 'nade on the end would weight it down way too much. Two things:
  • Make it a pin kind of thing. Don't activate until ready, deactivate if you don't need to use it.
  • One hyphenated word: Mini-grenade. :D

+Quote Post
Street Wyze
post Oct 23 2003, 01:56 AM
Post #11

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,554

QUOTE (tanka)
Note: Nukes and plastic explosves (C6+, plastique, etc.) are only set off from electrical charges. Back in 'Nam, people would cook on C6, as it wouldn't go off from it, and it could keep the fire going rather well.

You still had to be very careful about the way you burned it, according to Joe Galloway in the book "We Were Soldiers Once and Young". Yes you could cook with it, but if you didn't light it right it could still go off. You could wrap C-4 around a grenade and the blast from the grenade would set it off for a much bigger explosion. Hee hee, that's something my characters should try. :D

+Quote Post
thunderchild
post Oct 23 2003, 07:46 AM
Post #12

Moving Target

Member No.: 1,479

flechette tips.

same rules as the bullets.

+Quote Post
thunderchild
post Oct 23 2003, 07:49 AM
Post #13

Moving Target

QUOTE (Street Wyze)
QUOTE (tanka @ Oct 22 2003, 08:47 PM)
Note: Nukes and plastic explosves (C6+, plastique, etc.) are only set off from electrical charges.  Back in 'Nam, people would cook on C6, as it wouldn't go off from it, and it could keep the fire going rather well.

You still had to be very careful about the way you burned it, according to Joe Galloway in the book "We Were Soldiers Once and Young". Yes you could cook with it, but if you didn't light it right it could still go off. You could wrap C-4 around a grenade and the blast from the grenade would set it off for a much bigger explosion. Hee hee, that's something my characters should try. :D

And also you had to be careful how you put it out, theres more than one record of a soldier heating up his C-Rations on a small Plastique fire and trying to stamp it out when an officer came around, and loosing a few toes in the process.

+Quote Post
Finbar
post Oct 23 2003, 08:46 AM
Post #14

Target

Member No.: 2,417

Dont forget :
Riot-Foam arrows. basically,the same sized arrow head as the Rambo head and impact fused, When it connects, it explodes out riot-foam, it fills X area of space with white-foam like bubbles which have some pepper spray in them, resulting in anyone in the area of effect being the equivelent of Maced.

Fire-Retardant Arrow: Deploys a fire-retardant foam. For extra fun, have a glue-agent in there so it also sticks to things and they cant get unstuck without the solvent. Great fun, This also doubles as a Glue-Arrow.

Boxing Glove Arrow: I made these for a game once, small canister on the head that as it leaves the bow (detected by a micro hook), the head explodes like an airbag into a high pressure, inflated boxing glove. Halve the range but does normal Damage, it just happens to be Stun Damage. If you can recover it, it can be re-used.

Gas-Arrow : I like Halon gas in a small canister, liquid form. When the arrow hits, it breaks the canister and high pressure gas escapes. Also good is Hydrogen Suphide, for clearing an area with sheer stench.

Splash Arrow: Small container with DMSO and fluid of Choice. I like LSD mixed with the one that doubles wound penalties (frenzy?) cause everything becomes hypersensitive. Thats a great combination against spellcasters.

Flash-Bang Arrow : Impact fused Flash/Concussion grenade (or superflash).

Grappeling Hook Arrow: Small folding grapell attatched to a strong thing chord you can climb up (or shoot into people and then hold them in place)

+Quote Post
CoalHeart
post Oct 23 2003, 01:38 PM
Post #15

Moving Target

Finbar, Thanks those are all good things I haven't thought of yet.

For that DSMO + toxin one I was thinking Dart arrows? like a hypo on the end of the shaft injecting whoever it hits.

Would that fall under chemical delivery rules and be able to bypass armor completely with a called shot? Would it just act as normal if it causes damage it injects it's payload?

Flash bang arrows, torch arrows, airbag arrows ( I really like this one shoot someone with airbag arrow, it gets stuck in them, and them BAM it inflates tearing the hole open to a huge gaping wound. )

Dikote arrows, Yum! great for piercing tanks and blowing out those pesky spirits.

foam arrows I like this one

gas delivery arrows, I really like this one.

shock arrows I'm not clear how that one would work? any tech specs for it? I'l have to convince my GM it's feasable before he'd say yes

Flachette arrows how does that work?

grapple hook arrows Very good idea would make scaling buildings much easier thanks

+Quote Post
thunderchild
post Oct 23 2003, 02:08 PM
Post #16

Moving Target

QUOTE (CoalHeart)

Flechette arrows how does that work?

Well instead of the head being a standard hunting head, its made up of lots of sharp little individual pieces of metal.

imagine it like a shot glass full of toothpicks, on the end of an arrow, if your feeling realy mean you could put a small blasting cap like item behind the spines so when it hits the explosive fires them into the bod.

so instead of it being one head in one hole.... its now around 50 realy tiny heads in one big ugly mess of flesh and short sharp metal spines.

+Quote Post
CoalHeart
post Oct 23 2003, 02:18 PM
Post #17

Moving Target

Sounds Messy. I'll jot that one down and draw up a little diagram to placate the GM.

I think he has trouble enough that my character shot down his attack chopper. He's got a bit of a thing for 'super bosses' towards the end of runs. But at least blowing it up with an arrow through the engine is better then watching your team get chewed up by the dual MMGs and the rockets.

+Quote Post
Zazen
post Oct 23 2003, 04:06 PM
Post #18

Shooting Target

Member No.: 3,123

QUOTE (thunderchild)
And also you had to be careful how you put it out, theres more than one record of a soldier heating up his C-Rations on a small Plastique fire and trying to stamp it out when an officer came around, and loosing a few toes in the process.

Is there really a record of that someplace? I told that story here once, it happened to a friend of a friend.

And yeah, C-4 will go off with heat and pressure. It's hard to set it off without both, though. Mere heat will burn the stuff, mere pressure doesn't seem to be enough (it can take a high-powered rifle round and not detonate). Also, from what I read, they don't normally use an electrical charge to set it off, they use a blasting cap (which may be electrical). Nothing I read indicated that an electrical charge will even work.

+Quote Post
Siege
post Oct 23 2003, 04:25 PM
Post #19

Dragon

Member No.: 3,916

Actually, I thought it was debunked as an urban legend? Plastique does burn and soldiers in Viet Nam did heat meals over it, but as for stomping in it to (ahem) boot?

-Siege

+Quote Post
Tanka
post Oct 23 2003, 04:46 PM
Post #20

Chrome to the Core

I got that little tidbit from a Chemistry major friend, as well as hearing backup from a Physics major. The Chem major is on a free ride, and got payed to do some research for NASA on monofilament test tubes.

Yes, that means what you think it means. Monofil is getting closer and closer.

He said it sucked at the end of the day to have what looked like black dust on your fingers, then realize it was tiny pieces of monomolecular glass embedded in your skin.

Ouch. :dead:

+Quote Post
CoalHeart
post Oct 23 2003, 05:38 PM
Post #21

Moving Target

Got an evil idea but I'm not entirely sure if it would work (nevermind it ever being allowed)

Mono arrows

they spring open mid flight and between the tiny bars is a strand of monowire to slice into arms legs, necks. Id imagine they would do very little to any sort of barrier though. Not even sure of how much damage they could do

Maybe I'm smoking too much weed but I thought it was a good idea at the time.

In any case. Skip that idea.

Dikoted Barbed Ex Ex Ranger X arrows for me.
and I think I'll convince them of mini grenades at the end of the shaft. And a few of those other designs. Thanks guys you helped me get through my mental block. Now just to get the face to roll some etiquette to the fletcher contact.

I still imagine it's going to cost an arm and a leg, but hopefully it'll all be worth it in the end.

+Quote Post
Tanka
post Oct 23 2003, 05:40 PM
Post #22

Chrome to the Core

Monowire between two arrows! No! Yuck! Evil! Bad! Ouch! Never!

Evil to use against any PCs, though. :evil:

+Quote Post
CoalHeart
post Oct 23 2003, 06:02 PM
Post #23

Moving Target

I figure mono arrows would run over 5k each before street index but yea too dangerous, Oh look a dragon shoot slice, oh look a dead dragon.

+Quote Post
Tanka
post Oct 23 2003, 06:10 PM
Post #24

Chrome to the Core

If it can manage to get through the scales, of course...

Oh, and the massive Body attribute... And natural armor... And the flamethrower spell coming at them, and the arrow...

That's why it is said: "Never deal with a dragon."

Unless, of course, you want to be dragon food.

+Quote Post
CoalHeart
post Oct 23 2003, 06:32 PM
Post #25

Moving Target

Oh right... Just let me strap a mini nuke onto the end of an arrow and there we go.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 01:58 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.