Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Spirits, Stun track or no?
toturi
post Oct 16 2006, 03:21 PM
Post #1

Canon Companion

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,187

Do spirits have a stun track? I remember a discussion about spirits not having a stun track. If they do, I am uncertain about the usefulness of Slay/Slaughter Spirit spells. Can someone link me to it? The search function isn't working for me, for some reason.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
FrankTrollman
post Oct 16 2006, 04:45 PM
Post #2

Prime Runner

Group: Banned
Member No.: 7,665

They do have a stun track. The purpose of slay spirit is not so much the decreased drain (though it does do that), but that you can cast it on everyone who walks through a door and only the ones inhabitted by insects and shedim will explode. Slaughter Spirits is even better because it wil juice every traitor in the room and leave pure humans alone.

A halfway decent mage with either spell can get onto Firewatch payroll fairly easily, even if they can't do any other useful thing. Firewatch will tell you which people are not to be targetted in such a manner and you can easily locate and dispatch infiltrators.

-Frank

+Quote Post
Mr. Unpronouncea...
post Oct 16 2006, 04:59 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 770

Admittedly, it's rather unlikely for a spirit to take stun - only stick&shock ammo, gel rounds, or a non-bonelaced troll could do it on the mundane side. Anything else that could possibly provide stun is going to be stopped by the hardened armor application of the immunity to normal weapons power.

+Quote Post
Big D
post Oct 16 2006, 05:04 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,455

In the end, does it make any difference if you stunbolt a spirit or manabolt it?

Both tracks would be the same size, and blowing through either would disrupt the spirit, right?

+Quote Post
Mr. Unpronouncea...
post Oct 16 2006, 05:07 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Both tracks are not the same size - willpower is always equal to force, but body ranges from force-2 (air elemental) to force+4 (earth elemental) and the size of the track would be determined normally.

Either track full does disrupt the spirit though, yes.

+Quote Post
Big D
post Oct 16 2006, 06:24 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,455

True.

+Quote Post
Demerzel
post Oct 16 2006, 08:09 PM
Post #7

Running Target

Member No.: 8,856

I was under the impression that the stats given for the spirits are only when materialized. All stats when purely Astral are force.

If I'm correct it beggs the question, does the damage track change size when a spirit materializes?

+Quote Post
Mr. Unpronouncea...
post Oct 16 2006, 08:23 PM
Post #8

Moving Target

Apparently so - what a pain in the arse.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:35 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.