> Lethal Gameplay..., ...you tried it?
Steak and Spirit...
post Oct 16 2006, 05:36 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,346

More Lethal Gameplay, Page 69
You may desire your games to be deadlier, in which case these options are suggested:
• Increase the DV of weapons by 2 across the board and don’t convert Physical damage to Stun if the DV doesn’t exceed the Armor rating.

Recently, my attention was brought back to this page of suggested adjustments to SR4 gameplay. Curiousity got my attention, as I looked over this little tidbit here. Has anyone implimented this? Had any success?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Eleazar
post Oct 16 2006, 06:50 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 9,130

I haven't tried it, though I haven't played a whole lot yet either. I am actually kind of turned off by it. Gameplay already seems to be quite lethal, and with those rules I think you would just have the body count piling up. 2DV can add a -1 modifier or even be the difference between life and death. Not converting Physical Damage to Stun will do you in even faster. It's is easier to heal Stun than Physical.

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Oct 16 2006, 06:55 PM
Post #3

Uncle Fisty

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6,928

I haven't been upping the DV, but we do ignore the converting physical to stun. Seems to keep the edge on pretty well. We like it.

+Quote Post
Thanee
post Oct 16 2006, 07:10 PM
Post #4

jacked in

Group: Admin
Member No.: 463

Upping the DV would be pretty tough, I think. Weapons already do quite some damage.

Bye
Thanee

+Quote Post
DarkNataku
post Oct 16 2006, 07:12 PM
Post #5

Target

Member No.: 9,414

I'd certainly like to up the DV for weapons against some of the Sams in my group, but doing so would off the less combat-inclined characters too easily.

+Quote Post
kzt
post Oct 16 2006, 07:46 PM
Post #6

Great Dragon

Member No.: 9,234

QUOTE (Steak and Spirits)

• Increase the DV of weapons by 2 across the board and don’t convert Physical damage to Stun if the DV doesn’t exceed the Armor rating.

Haven't done it myself.

Logically, If I wanted to do this, I'd do something like increase the DV of Assault rifles, rifles and LMGs by 2, decrease pistols by 1, increase MMGs by 3, HMGs by 4. And no AP pistol ammo or AP ratings for pistols.

Pistols are overrated in the game, long arms are underated. Assault cannons, being silly, I'd ignore.

The convert pysical to stun I'd keep. Bullets that bounce off armor don't really tend to do a lot.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:38 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.