Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lethal Gameplay...
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Steak and Spirits
More Lethal Gameplay, Page 69
You may desire your games to be deadlier, in which case these options are suggested:
• Increase the DV of weapons by 2 across the board and don’t convert Physical damage to Stun if the DV doesn’t exceed the Armor rating.

Recently, my attention was brought back to this page of suggested adjustments to SR4 gameplay. Curiousity got my attention, as I looked over this little tidbit here. Has anyone implimented this? Had any success?
Eleazar
I haven't tried it, though I haven't played a whole lot yet either. I am actually kind of turned off by it. Gameplay already seems to be quite lethal, and with those rules I think you would just have the body count piling up. 2DV can add a -1 modifier or even be the difference between life and death. Not converting Physical Damage to Stun will do you in even faster. It's is easier to heal Stun than Physical.
fistandantilus4.0
I haven't been upping the DV, but we do ignore the converting physical to stun. Seems to keep the edge on pretty well. We like it.
Thanee
Upping the DV would be pretty tough, I think. Weapons already do quite some damage.

Bye
Thanee
DarkNataku
I'd certainly like to up the DV for weapons against some of the Sams in my group, but doing so would off the less combat-inclined characters too easily.
kzt
QUOTE (Steak and Spirits)

• Increase the DV of weapons by 2 across the board and don’t convert Physical damage to Stun if the DV doesn’t exceed the Armor rating.

Haven't done it myself.

Logically, If I wanted to do this, I'd do something like increase the DV of Assault rifles, rifles and LMGs by 2, decrease pistols by 1, increase MMGs by 3, HMGs by 4. And no AP pistol ammo or AP ratings for pistols.

Pistols are overrated in the game, long arms are underated. Assault cannons, being silly, I'd ignore.

The convert pysical to stun I'd keep. Bullets that bounce off armor don't really tend to do a lot.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012