Reply to this topicStart new topic
> questions on vessels
fool
post Oct 18 2006, 08:09 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,316

First, is an enchanting shop necessary to prepare a vessel?
second can you buy prepared vessels or are tehy specific to the preparer?
third how much would a hommoculus cost that wasn't a prepared vessel (i.e. just the raw materials made into the proper shape so the mage wouldn't have to do the industrialmechanics or artisan tests)?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ancient History
post Oct 18 2006, 09:15 PM
Post #2

Great Dragon

Member No.: 2,935

QUOTE (fool)
First, is an enchanting shop necessary to prepare a vessel?

No.

You could buy them, but most possessing traditions would probably frow. The price would be whatever the enchanter feels like charging.

third how much would a hommoculus cost that wasn't a prepared vessel (i.e. just the raw materials made into the proper shape so the mage wouldn't have to do the industrialmechanics or artisan tests)?

Up to your GM, but at a rough guess I'd say about twice the cost of the materials.

+Quote Post
Slithery D
post Oct 20 2006, 03:19 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 9,059

QUOTE (Ancient History)

You could buy them, but most possessing traditions would probably frow. The price would be whatever the enchanter feels like charging.

This isn't explicitly stated in SM, but I agree that's the implication. I don't, however, much like it. I'd prefer to have a prepared vessel only work for that magician's spirits. I like to think that "rational" voodoo worshippers don't mind being open to the spirits of one's personal hougan, but aren't too psyched about some flakey Qabbalist 'jacking them easily as well. For that matter, the Qabbalist isn't going to be happy when his currently unused plasteel golem picks up a loa intruder and comes up from the basement to bash his brains out.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:13 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.