Reply to this topicStart new topic
> [RL] Mob War - France
fistandantilus4....
post Nov 2 2006, 07:18 PM
Post #1

Uncle Fisty

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6,928

Camorra fighting for control of the drug trade. Good tie - in for Shadows of Europe mob struggles.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Butterblume
post Nov 2 2006, 07:40 PM
Post #2

Running Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,081

Camorra is italian, not french...

Edit: Heard in the news today the italian government is sending an additional 1000 police. Haven't checked, but that will most likely be Carabinieri, italians paramilitary police force. (another edit: the article states this already :D).

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Nov 2 2006, 08:06 PM
Post #3

Uncle Fisty

yup, the article is about the camorra. The brewing war is starting in France, but Italy has lots goign on, just lower key.

Over the past few weeks the suburbs of Naples have turned into a battle zone, as rival clans within the Mafia, known as the Camorra, battle for control of the drug trade.

+Quote Post
Butterblume
post Nov 2 2006, 08:24 PM
Post #4

Running Target

I still don't get the french connection ;).

This is a good example how a major country (Italy is a G8 state) can't cope effectively with gang violence one a greater scale.

+Quote Post
Grinder
post Nov 2 2006, 08:28 PM
Post #5

Great, I'm a Dragon...

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 5,698

QUOTE (Butterblume)
Camorra is italian, not french...

Edit: Heard in the news today the italian government is sending an additional 1000 police. Haven't checked, but that will most likely be Carabinieri, italians paramilitary police force. (another edit: the article states this already :D).

No, they'll gonna send soliders of the army. But most experts doubt that it will have a real impact on hte mob war. Besides, last year had a slightly higher body count than this year.

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Nov 2 2006, 08:29 PM
Post #6

Uncle Fisty

Also reminds me of Boondock Saints. High body count in just a few days, mob war blamed.

+Quote Post
Butterblume
post Nov 2 2006, 09:03 PM
Post #7

Running Target

QUOTE (Grinder)
No, they'll gonna send soliders of the army.

Technically, the Carabinieri are part of the military, and therefore could be called soldiers, while they are still police.
I don't really know if those reporters know enough to to actually report the facts...

I don't want to be a wise-ass, but I don't think the concept of national (para)military police forces is that well known, especially outside of europe.

+Quote Post
Snow_Fox
post Nov 2 2006, 10:24 PM
Post #8

Prime Runner

Member No.: 1,221

What the article is missing is that the mafia is on the ropes. The italian government has been squeezing them successfully for the last few years. The reason this is getting violent now is that they are fighting for a larger piece of a shrinking pie.

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Nov 2 2006, 10:30 PM
Post #9

Uncle Fisty

There were some interesting related link stories there too, some with stories about exactly what the police are doing, what the situation is like. good stuff.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 04:09 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.