Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Knight Errant, All the basics...
Penta
post Nov 6 2006, 09:15 PM
Post #1

Shooting Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 500

Yup. Curiosity, mostly. That, and all my books are in Jersey, I'm in PA.

Anyhow. Knight Errant.

Do they have municipal contracts like Lone Star? If so...where in North America? Has it ever been stated?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Nov 6 2006, 09:23 PM
Post #2

Immoral Elf

Member No.: 2,486

Yes. Detroit would be a major contract, but there are plenty of others.

+Quote Post
whitezero
post Nov 6 2006, 10:00 PM
Post #3

Target

Member No.: 9,538

as far as sr4 goes im pretty sure that Knight Errant and the 'star are competing head to head for the big seatle security contract as lonestar's contract is almost up! and both are competing for the suport of whoever is gonna be the new mayor...

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Nov 6 2006, 10:17 PM
Post #4

Uncle Fisty

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6,928

They have a bunch of N.A. sprawls, as well as many in Europe. Really it's a long list that you'll 'prolly have to research your self. but yeah, they've been competeing for the Seattle contract for a long time. I think they have the D.C. contract. Try books like Target: UCAS, Neo - Anarchists Guide to N.A., Corp Download maybe.

+Quote Post
blakkie
post Nov 6 2006, 11:42 PM
Post #5

Dragon

Member No.: 3,263

As of 2070 (Runner Havens) KE has a lock on the onland policing for Hong Kong. It is actually Ares' foot in the door to HK, they don't really have much other business there right now.

+Quote Post
Black Jack Rackh...
post Nov 7 2006, 01:36 AM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,202

Since I happen to be writing up a campaign for the Boston Sprawl, I happen to know for a fact that KE runs things there.
Mark

+Quote Post
yesman
post Nov 7 2006, 02:13 AM
Post #7

Target

Member No.: 7,758

I think KE had(has?) the Chicago contract too.

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Nov 7 2006, 02:29 AM
Post #8

Manus Celer Dei

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 3,802

Eagle Security had it until the place went buggy, but I don't know whether they kept it.

~J

+Quote Post
Dog
post Nov 7 2006, 03:54 AM
Post #9

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,025

In general, I beleive that LS holds far more municipal-type contracts, whereas KE does more of the secret installation and threat-response kind of things. Of course, there are plenty of exceptions on both sides.

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Nov 7 2006, 04:04 AM
Post #10

Uncle Fisty

IIRC, they're supopsed to be 'elite'. kind of a quality vs quantity w/ KE vs LS

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Nov 7 2006, 04:17 AM
Post #11

Immoral Elf

Member No.: 2,486

QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0 @ Nov 7 2006, 03:04 PM)
IIRC, they're supopsed to be 'elite'.

Well, the Firewatch Teams are Elite. The rank and file security guards would not necessarily be considered in that category.

+Quote Post
Dog
post Nov 7 2006, 04:20 AM
Post #12

Moving Target

And KE gets the cool black uniforms.

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Nov 7 2006, 04:30 AM
Post #13

Uncle Fisty

funny you should mention that Dog, because it was an old SR2 book, (don't recall which) that mentioned that they were "supposed" to be elite, siteing their "cool black uniforms". Basically they had a bit more training than standard Star's guys, but carried themselves differently. Wish I could remember which book that was. Actually had pics of the various uniforms. Been years since I've seen it.

+Quote Post
Frag-o Delux
post Nov 7 2006, 05:14 AM
Post #14

Running Target

Member No.: 2,316

QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
funny you should mention that Dog, because it was an old SR2 book, (don't recall which) that mentioned that they were "supposed" to be elite, siteing their "cool black uniforms". Basically they had a bit more training than standard Star's guys, but carried themselves differently. Wish I could remember which book that was. Actually had pics of the various uniforms. Been years since I've seen it.

The first Seattle Sourcebook had colored pictures of security and various gangs in the back. KE have a two tone uniform. Dark grey and light grey, the light grey making a wide verticle strip up the center.

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Nov 7 2006, 05:21 AM
Post #15

Uncle Fisty

Thanks, I thought that was the one. Also included stuff like addresses and street names right? I remember that pick and the gang pictures most. I think the Scatter Brains had one too. I gotta see about getting that book somewhere.

+Quote Post
Dog
post Nov 7 2006, 05:28 AM
Post #16

Moving Target

QUOTE (Frag-o Delux)
The first Seattle Sourcebook had colored pictures of security and various gangs in the back. KE have a two tone uniform. Dark grey and light grey, the light grey making a wide verticle strip up the center.

Looks blue to me, in that picture. Either way, that was in '50/51. Maybe they upgraded.

I remember reading "cool black uniforms" in text somewhere before. I don't think its in SeaSource. I thought it was in SOTA 2064, but after a quick skim, I couldn't find it....

+Quote Post
MYST1C
post Nov 7 2006, 09:06 AM
Post #17

Moving Target

From: Braunschweig, North German League, Allied German States
Member No.: 5,537

The original Deutschland in den Schatten book (Germany Sourcebook) for SR1/SR2 stated that Knight Errant was the only foreign security corp that had achieved some market share in the Allied German States - only in the private security sector though, as all German states still used government-run police forces.

+Quote Post
Frag-o Delux
post Nov 7 2006, 09:16 AM
Post #18

Running Target

Member No.: 2,316

The blue/grey color is more like a slate color, blue grey its all splittinghairs. Especially sinc ethat book is so old, who knows if the printer made the colros the same in the different printings or how each book was stored and prevented color fading.

As for KE changing uniform colors, its entirely possible. Companies change uniform colors all the time, including company colors. Just a few years ago a lot of major companies changed their company colors. H&R Block was once a blue hollow square, now they are using a solid green square. Companies like movie stars have to reinvent their public image once in a while or they look like the company dad use to use, and who wants that? People want a company that they can call their own or feel they are in touch with the times and they can relate.

And yes, the original Seattle Sourcebook had addresses and LTGs for all the places mentioned in the book.

THe police/security people pictured int he colored pages are Aztechnologies, Renraku, Mitsuhama, Knight-Errant, Lone Star and Fuchi.

The Street Gangs pictures are Razor Heads, Brain eaters, Blood Mountain Boys, Eye Fivers, Crimson Crush, Ancients, Hell Hounds, Leather Devils, Halloweeners, The Ragers and Rust Stilletos.

They also picture some Indians/Tribals. Makah Chief, Makah Shaman, Cascade Crow, Salish, Sinsearach Elf, and a Cascade Ork.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:46 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.