Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pendragon update?
fistandantilus4....
post Nov 8 2006, 09:05 PM
Post #1

Uncle Fisty

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6,928

I have one of my game groups teams based in the U.K., and I've been trying to bring in the whole Pendragon underground in to the game as the anti-establishmnet group. Problem is of course that the only real info that we have to work with is SoE. We're playing a 4th edition game in 2070. Obviously there's a problem with a 5 year gap of activity in the undergorund movement.

Now I could of course go ahead and make up my own stuff. But like with the Tir before, the problem with that is possible (and likely) conflict with canon when it's updated.

In the meantime, I'm looking for anything that others have done with the Pendragon/Pendragon Underground so I can keep things rolling until it gets updated. Also, if anyone has any idea when this is going to get updated (very ballpark here), that would be just swell. Thanks. :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ChicagosFinest
post Nov 8 2006, 10:09 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,422

Resident Freelancer Synner has the answers for you. but I kinda beat you to asking the question. Heres the scoop....

I asked via email (editing some of this):

Synner, I just wanted to know the status of what the pendragon is up to. Is he still leading the revolution in Europe, is he laying low? Most importantly is the Excalibur he has real, if so did he steal it from Dunkie?

Synner Replied me today:

A careful reading of the fiction piece at the beginning
of the Magical Groups chapter in Street Magic might be
interesting...

Pendragon has been MIA since 2065 and the LPO has put
its jackboot firmly on the throat of the country with
the Emergency Powers Act (basically martial law under
another name) passed to restore order after the
Crash2.0 and never lifted. (Very much akin to "V FOR VENDETTA" so I dig it)

Unfortunately things have a habit of twisting out of
control and several parties are chafing to bring down
the LPO once and for all (the Street Magic piece
features one such)- and maybe on the way we'll find
out what really happened to Pendragon.

As to the nature of Excalibur, unfortunately that
would be telling... but its important to note that
Dunklezahn's words were that he seemed to have
misplaced it.

Thats all I got. Synner was very generous to send it to me so make sure everyone reads this post gives a shot out and a thank you to our guy.

Comments, Questions, Speculation?

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Nov 8 2006, 10:15 PM
Post #3

Uncle Fisty

Thanks, apparently I have some reading to do. Maybe Fortune will post his theory we've been discussing. ;)

I'm gonna go home and bone up now.

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Nov 8 2006, 10:17 PM
Post #4

Immoral Elf

Member No.: 2,486

Never fear! Harley will win in the end. :)

+Quote Post
ChicagosFinest
post Nov 8 2006, 10:20 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

fistandantilus3.0,

No problem I'm sure you would do the same for me. Were runners right gotta stay cutting edge of the SOTA to survive :D

Fortune,

Post your theory I wanna know what you got working out. It might not get Synners attention but it could turn into your and someone else's side plot

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Nov 8 2006, 10:30 PM
Post #6

Uncle Fisty

"Faster, stronger, smarter. God I hate the technology curve"
-Fastjack

Post your theory I wanna know what you got working out.

he just did. ;)

Take a look at some of the hints in DoSW and Dunkie's Will, and Pendragon's physical description.

+Quote Post
ChicagosFinest
post Nov 8 2006, 10:35 PM
Post #7

Moving Target

So you think Pendragon is Harley? But in Shadows of Europe he mentions something like "Excalibur indeed... Interesting". I dont think he has it and Pendragon is someone else.

So help me out I'm clueless on what you two are thinking. Do you think Pendragon is Ethan the scribe or anohter dragon?

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Nov 8 2006, 10:36 PM
Post #8

Immoral Elf

I don't know if you would call it a theory that I have been 'working on' or anything of the like.

I have just always gone on the assumption that Harley was/is Arthur (or at least was very closely associated with him). It doesn't take a great leap of imagination to go from 'Arthur' to 'Pendragon' ...

Alternately, maybe the reason that Pendragon disappeared in '65 was that Harley finally caught up with the brash and foolhardy imposter and (re)claimed his inheritance.

I like my first 'theory', but the second is growing on me. :D

+Quote Post
ChicagosFinest
post Nov 8 2006, 10:38 PM
Post #9

Moving Target

That would make sense for harley to be artuhur but theres only one person who truely knows :P

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Nov 8 2006, 10:44 PM
Post #10

Immoral Elf

QUOTE (ChicagosFinest)
... but theres only one person who truely knows :P

Maybe, but what's your point? You asked me to post my thoughts, and I did so. :huh:

+Quote Post
SL James
post Nov 8 2006, 10:46 PM
Post #11

Shadowrun Setting Nerd

Group: Banned
From: Pissing on pedestrians from my electronic ivory tower.
Member No.: 7,473

Aww... I was hoping that they'd be more blatant in ripping off V for Vendetta.

Oh well.

+Quote Post
ChicagosFinest
post Nov 8 2006, 10:48 PM
Post #12

Moving Target

Yeah me too, That movie is A for Awesome. and B fits well with the 6th world.

+Quote Post
Grinder
post Nov 8 2006, 10:49 PM
Post #13

Great, I'm a Dragon...

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 5,698

I like your theory, but at the same moment I hope that you're not correct with it. Not another IE playing a major role in the history of a country, please.

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Nov 8 2006, 11:00 PM
Post #14

Immoral Elf

QUOTE (Grinder @ Nov 9 2006, 09:49 AM)
I like your theory, but at the same moment I hope that you're not correct with it. Not another IE playing a major role in the history of a country, please.

I originally figured that it was more than obvious that Pendragon was Harley, with all the hints and clues pointing in that direction and very little pointing to anything contrary, but that little tidbit about Pendragon being missing since '65 does put a new spin on things, which led me to the second theory. The problem is that if Harley has claimed Excaliber from a Pendragon imposter, then the thread would seem to be pretty much wrapped up, unless Harley himself wants to step up to the plate.

+Quote Post
Synner
post Nov 8 2006, 11:52 PM
Post #15

Runner

Member No.: 185

I've still got a few surprises up my sleave for Pendragon and the olde Green and Pleasant Isle, hopefully we'll be able to visit the Smog in an upcoming book... until then keep looking for clues and developments in future books, as some of you well know I have a penchant for dropping hints and minor tie-ins into pretty much anything I write.

+Quote Post
ChicagosFinest
post Nov 9 2006, 12:05 AM
Post #16

Moving Target

And we thank for it. It makes the game easier to follow and includes us in your plot lines in our own way.

Now if we can figgure out how far Ghost walker is in resurecting the spirit of denver

+Quote Post
SL James
post Nov 9 2006, 01:27 AM
Post #17

Shadowrun Setting Nerd

Group: Banned
From: Pissing on pedestrians from my electronic ivory tower.
Member No.: 7,473

QUOTE (ChicagosFinest)
Yeah me too, That movie is A for Awesome. and B fits well with the 6th world.

The movie sucks balls.

Like Alan Moore said, if they wanted to make a movie criticizing American policies, they should have set it in America and left his story the hell alone.

+Quote Post
Faelan
post Nov 9 2006, 01:38 AM
Post #18

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,466

I was worried I was the only one who thought it sucked. Needless to say it continued the Wachowski Brothers slide into hell. Won't get into it here.

Anyway thanks for chiming in Synner.

+Quote Post
ChicagosFinest
post Nov 9 2006, 01:41 AM
Post #19

Moving Target

Nah I loved the aethetic. I didnt pay attention to that american criticism stuff I dont go to the movies to think i go there to have fun

+Quote Post
Mistwalker
post Nov 9 2006, 01:51 AM
Post #20

Moving Target

Member No.: 9,304

Well, seems I am not that bright, as I missed the American Critism stuff. I enjoyed the movie. But like ChicagosFinest, I tend to turn off my sense of disbelief and enjoy the movie.

+Quote Post
Kyoto Kid
post Nov 9 2006, 02:19 AM
Post #21

Bushido Cowgirl

From: On the Double K Ranch a half day's ride out of Phlogiston Flats
Member No.: 7,490

QUOTE (Synner)
I've still got a few surprises up my sleave for Pendragon and the olde Green and Pleasant Isle, hopefully we'll be able to visit the Smog in an upcoming book... until then keep looking for clues and developments in future books, as some of you well know I have a penchant for dropping hints and minor tie-ins into pretty much anything I write.

...Isn't that "The Smoke"? or has the name changed over the years.

Also, has the LPO cracked down primarily on London, or the entire nation as well. I started working up a "follow on" to the campaign I ran which was set back in the early 60'just prior to the crash & would like to know more about the status of the "Realm" in 2070 before I sink too much time into it.

Already had a major amount work invested in writing up TT that was invalidated when the Tir Taringire sourcebook was released. It also appears that after some recent news concerning SoE (see referenced thread below), that the same may be true for the setting I had established in the Balkans for my last campaign. For both of these I had designs on submission after the playtesting was completed.
...tried to embed a link to another post using a simple name, but couldn't figure it out how to do it without copying the entire address verbatim - Basically, refer to the last post to Shadowrun on the Orient Express thread on the Shadowrun forum.

Any assistance on how to do this?

+Quote Post
Synner
post Nov 9 2006, 08:57 AM
Post #22

Runner

QUOTE (Kyoto Kid)
QUOTE (Synner)

...Isn't that "The Smoke"? or has the name changed over the years.

My bad. Some days you just shouldn't post after work.

Also, has the LPO cracked down primarily on London, or the entire nation as well.  I started working up a "follow on" to the campaign I ran which was set back in the early 60' just prior to the crash & would like to know more about the status of the "Realm" in 2070 before I sink too much time into it.

As I mentioned in the aforementioned mail. Street Magic has a small prelude to the UK situation, the next couple of books will have more. Until they're out though, I can't really talk about them... but I will say they'll provide glimpses that should allow you to put together the bigger picture.

So far what you know is that: the Underground is still active but floundering after the loss of the Pendragon, the Pendragon has vanished (mention of the Cambridge Student riots of 2065 was actually premature, but it'll be official soon) the LPO has never lifted the Emergency Powers Act and is using it's expanded influence to crack down on dissidents, the Oxford Grand Circle is at the head of a dissenting faction of the NDM, and they've inducted an heir to one of the biggest UK fortunes/corps and a known subversive affiliated with the Underground.

Already had a major amount work invested in writing up TT that was invalidated when the Tir Taringire sourcebook was released.  It also appears that after some recent news concerning SoE  (see referenced thread below), that the same may be true for the setting I had established in the Balkans for my last campaign. For both of these I had designs on submission after the playtesting was completed.

I actually cowrote almost a full chapter on the Balkans that was never used for SoE, the information is now a little out of date (following what happened at the peacetalks in SOTA64) but the general geopolitics shouldn't be too far off: Microstates, ultranationalist combines, muslim enclaves, etc...

+Quote Post
Ophis
post Nov 9 2006, 09:29 AM
Post #23

Mystery Archaeologist

Member No.: 7,760

Okies so we have an Underground tha may be getting desperate, desperate enough to do something stupid... fun. And I'm glad to see the Pendragon gone I loved the concept, but anyone called Pendragon should attempt something, fail (and die) setting things up for his successor, Arthur traditionally, who will step up and complete the task (often harder and more complicated, for Arthur add defeating Saxons to the uniting Britain Uther tried), this nicely ties to my ideas of an Awakened land(no the land is looking at you) led by a certain facepainted fop.

+Quote Post
Synner
post Nov 9 2006, 01:22 PM
Post #24

Runner

QUOTE (Ophis @ Nov 9 2006, 09:29 AM)
And I'm glad to see the Pendragon gone I loved the concept, but anyone called Pendragon should attempt something, fail (and die) setting things up for his successor...

Plus ça change. Good thing some remember their Arthurian mythology, means the stuff I've got planned will have that little extra meaning for you. Now, if I could just remember who was pregnant back in '65 ;)...

+Quote Post
ChicagosFinest
post Nov 9 2006, 03:15 PM
Post #25

Moving Target

Yeah but will this new Arthur have the same downfall as the 1st? Adn will he have the knights of the round table and all? Lancealot will probably be Harelequin (I'm calling it now). Holy grail and all that stuff.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st September 2024 - 12:54 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.