IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> another sneaphy cheat I've come up with., possessed spirits.
fool
post Nov 14 2006, 10:32 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,316

Nowhere in the rules on possession does it say taht a spirit from the possession tradition can't possess a manifested spirit from the nonpossession traditions. The next time some normal mage calls up his spirit of beasts to attack me, I'm going to have my guardian spirit possess said beasty spirit and kill the summoner.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
RunnerPaul
post Nov 15 2006, 02:03 AM
Post #2

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 364

QUOTE (fool)
Nowhere in the rules on possession does it say taht a spirit from the possession tradition can't possess a manifested spirit from the nonpossession traditions.

However, the rules for possession are littered with references to "physical bodies" and "metahumans and critters" in the sections describing living vessels.

While it could be argued that "spirit" is merely a subset of "critter", the fact that spirits lack a permanent physical body (though they can produce a physical form with the materialization power) would be a hinderance to a possession spirit posessing a materialization spirit.

+Quote Post
FrankTrollman
post Nov 15 2006, 07:06 PM
Post #3

Prime Runner

Group: Banned
Member No.: 7,665

Yeah, materialized spirits don't have a physical body as such, so you can't possess them.

Of course, chances are you could possess the summoner if your spirit was good enough to possess the spirit, so I'm not sure why you'd ever care.

-Frank

+Quote Post
The Jopp
post Nov 16 2006, 02:40 PM
Post #4

Runner

Member No.: 948

What about possessing a possessed vessel then? Would it be some kind of opposed test between the spirits to see who gets to stay in the prepared vessel?

Force+[Vessel Body] VS Force X2+6D6 ???

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 11:51 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.