Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: another sneaphy cheat I've come up with.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
fool
Nowhere in the rules on possession does it say taht a spirit from the possession tradition can't possess a manifested spirit from the nonpossession traditions. The next time some normal mage calls up his spirit of beasts to attack me, I'm going to have my guardian spirit possess said beasty spirit and kill the summoner.
RunnerPaul
QUOTE (fool)
Nowhere in the rules on possession does it say taht a spirit from the possession tradition can't possess a manifested spirit from the nonpossession traditions.

However, the rules for possession are littered with references to "physical bodies" and "metahumans and critters" in the sections describing living vessels.

While it could be argued that "spirit" is merely a subset of "critter", the fact that spirits lack a permanent physical body (though they can produce a physical form with the materialization power) would be a hinderance to a possession spirit posessing a materialization spirit.
FrankTrollman
Yeah, materialized spirits don't have a physical body as such, so you can't possess them.

Of course, chances are you could possess the summoner if your spirit was good enough to possess the spirit, so I'm not sure why you'd ever care.

-Frank
The Jopp
What about possessing a possessed vessel then? Would it be some kind of opposed test between the spirits to see who gets to stay in the prepared vessel?

Force+[Vessel Body] VS Force X2+6D6 ???
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012