Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Some more random stuff
Prime Mover
post Nov 22 2006, 01:19 PM
Post #1

Shooting Target

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 9,313

Found reference to Tattoo magic in 4th edition but not seeing any details anywere. Do them as Anchoring Foci?

So is the Renraku Arc still empty, under control of Seatle Metroplex....condemed,for lease or other?

A current mission has gotten my players thinking, at least one member of black lodge and many of Elven leaders seem to be immortal. They recently have discoverd free spirit power of hidden life. Have the elves and DeMolay made pacts with free spirits to be immortal ? hmmm.....

Okay this ones way off base, but wondering if anyone in the know could tell me racial attribute mods and abilities of T'Skrang and Obsidian Men.

Think thats it for now, as always looking forward to some other opinions and ideas!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Nov 22 2006, 01:33 PM
Post #2

Immoral Elf

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,486

QUOTE (Prime Mover @ Nov 23 2006, 12:19 AM)
Found reference to Tattoo magic in 4th edition but not seeing any details anywere.  Do them as Anchoring Foci?

QUOTE (Street Magic-pg. 85)
Quickening materials are a form of ritual material (see Ritual Materials, p. 81) that may be used with the Quickening metamagic (see Quickening, p. 190, SR4). When quickening a spell to a living subject, an initiate may use quickening materials to bind the magic to the target’s aura. Using quickening materials always creates a physical representation of the spell on the subject, normally a brand, tattoo, or ritual scar.

Seems that Tattoo Magic is part and parcel of the Quickening Metamagic in SR4.

So is the Renraku Arc still empty, under control of Seatle Metroplex....condemed,for lease or other?

It is now being used as a guarded low-income housing complex.

Okay this ones way off base, but wondering if anyone in the know could tell me racial  attribute mods and abilities of T'Skrang and Obsidian Men.

Sure. They are listed in the main Earthdawn rulebook.

Fortunately, they just don't exist in Shadowrun canon, so there are no official stats for either of them for any Shadowrun edition.

+Quote Post
Prime Mover
post Nov 22 2006, 02:00 PM
Post #3

Shooting Target

Thanks Fortune, musta read right over quickening reference.

I know those stated in Earthdawn, but like my first edition SR books my Earthdawn stuff was lost along with my first marriage. ;')

+Quote Post
Grinder
post Nov 22 2006, 02:03 PM
Post #4

Great, I'm a Dragon...

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 5,698

QUOTE (Fortune @ Nov 22 2006, 02:33 PM)
QUOTE (Street Magic-pg. 85)
Quickening materials are a form of ritual material (see Ritual Materials, p. 81) that may be used with the Quickening metamagic (see Quickening, p. 190, SR4). When quickening a spell to a living subject, an initiate may use quickening materials to bind the magic to the target’s aura. Using quickening materials always creates a physical representation of the spell on the subject, normally a brand, tattoo, or ritual scar.

Seems that Tattoo Magic is part and parcel of the Quickening Metamagic in SR4.

Hey, didn't notice that (and were wondering where Tattoo Magic was gone). Thanks for the hint. :)

QUOTE (Fortune @ Nov 22 2006, 02:33 PM)

Okay this ones way off base, but wondering if anyone in the know could tell me racial  attribute mods and abilities of T'Skrang and Obsidian Men.

Sure. They are listed in the main Earthdawn rulebook.

Fortunately, they just don't exist in Shadowrun canon, so there are no official stats for either of them for any Shadowrun edition.

:S Sadly you mean, I guess. :D
If the mana level is high enough, it's likely that the now-lost races will re-appear. One can find a few references to "rock-men" in SoA, as well as Windlings in the old PAoE book iirc.

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Nov 22 2006, 02:09 PM
Post #5

Immoral Elf

Ok ...

Earthdawn Racial Abilities ...

Obsidimen: Increased Wound Threshold of +3, Minimum Strength Value of 15, Natural Armor (add +3 to Physical Armor Rating)

T'skrang: Tail Attack

Earthdawn Racial Modifiers ...

Obsidiman: Dex: -2 / Str: +6 / Tough: +4 / Per: -1 / Will: +0 / Cha -1

T’skrang: Dex: +1 / Str: +0 / Tough: +1 / Per: +0 / Will: +0 / Cha +1

Hope that helps. :)

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Nov 22 2006, 02:13 PM
Post #6

Immoral Elf

QUOTE (Grinder @ Nov 23 2006, 01:03 AM)
One can find a few references to "rock-men" in SoA, as well as Windlings in the old PAoE book iirc.

One reference, and he is supposed to be the product of SURGE ... not Living Rock. Windlings are probably not intelligent enough to be Sprites ... but I won't argue that point again.

If the mana level is high enough, it's likely that the now-lost races will re-appear.

Lou Prosperi (among others) stated a long time back that they just didn't make it through the 5th Age. There was a similar trimming of namegiver races in the 3rd Age downcycle as well.

+Quote Post
Prime Mover
post Nov 22 2006, 02:23 PM
Post #7

Shooting Target

Always had hard time buying into mana levels theory, theres Drakes and what not already and obviously the mana levels have peaked unaturally due to outside forces.

On other hand the lose or addition of races might be natural effect of cycles....or two vitas plauges two missing races....might make for good story line....maybe the Elves were messing with Vitas in Christmas Valley hehe.

+Quote Post
Grinder
post Nov 22 2006, 02:34 PM
Post #8

Great, I'm a Dragon...

[QUOTE=Fortune,Nov 22 2006, 03:13 PM] [QUOTE=Grinder,Nov 23 2006, 01:03 AM] One can find a few references to "rock-men" in SoA, as well as Windlings in the old PAoE book iirc. [/QUOTE]
[QUOTE]
One reference, and he is supposed to be the product of SURGE ... not Living Rock. Windlings are probably not intelligent enough to be Sprites ... but I won't argue that point again.[/QUOTE]

Thought there was another one, with the people living at the sibirian lake. The posters in SoA think that it's SURGE, because most of them don't know of the 4th Age ;)

[QUOTE=Grinder,Nov 23 2006, 01:03 AM]
If the mana level is high enough, it's likely that the now-lost races will re-appear. [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Fortune,Nov 22 2006, 03:13 PM]
Lou Prosperi (among others) stated a long time back that they just didn't make it through the 5th Age. There was a similar trimming of namegiver races in the 3rd Age downcycle as well. [/QUOTE]
Didn't know the statement of Lou, sorry. To me it was like I said and I never cared what happened to that races in the 5th Age. I mean, Elves, Orks and the other races re-appeared in the 6th World when the mana level was high enough. Why is that impossible for the rest, even though it will take some hundred years before enough mana flows around in the 6th World.

+Quote Post
Garrowolf
post Nov 22 2006, 02:42 PM
Post #9

Moving Target

Member No.: 9,517

Trimming as in someone trying to get rid of them?

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Nov 22 2006, 02:46 PM
Post #10

Immoral Elf

QUOTE (Garrowolf @ Nov 23 2006, 01:42 AM)
Trimming as in someone trying to get rid of them?

That is a definite possibility, but really it could just come down to a race's ability to adapt during the downcycles ... survival of the fittest.

I am not sure of the actual numbers, but I recall that quite a few name-giver races fell away between the end of the Second World and the advent of the Fourth.

As for the rock dude ... IIRC, he is (or was?) quite the bigwig in what is now Evo, so isn't (or wasn't) very low-profile. I'm sure if he was an actual Obsidiman, his appearance would have caused more of a stir. :P

+Quote Post
SL James
post Nov 22 2006, 07:55 PM
Post #11

Shadowrun Setting Nerd

Group: Banned
From: Pissing on pedestrians from my electronic ivory tower.
Member No.: 7,473

Well, it was still Yamatetsu in System Failure.

QUOTE (System Failure @ 104)
> What about Hideo Yoshida, his racist pal? Last thing I heard he was holed up in his Peruvian mansion.
> Llama Mama

> This might surprise a few, but Yoshida has done a full 180 degrees turnaround on racism and SURGE. I think he finally understood that being a half-ton rock-like changeling put him on the other side of the fence.
> Sagan

> Yoshida’s up to something. He’s been busy funding some weird archeological operations, mostly in the Andes and disguised as mining prospecting.
> Elijah

'Tis all that is said about that.

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Nov 22 2006, 10:35 PM
Post #12

Immoral Elf

QUOTE (SL James @ Nov 23 2006, 06:55 AM)
Well, it was still Yamatetsu in System Failure.

Yeah, I know ... but believe it or not, I drew a blank on the damn name (both his and the Corp's) when I actually went to post, so worked around it. :)

+Quote Post
Grinder
post Nov 22 2006, 10:52 PM
Post #13

Great, I'm a Dragon...

There is an obsidiman reference in SoA, I know it. I'll check the book tomorrow.

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Nov 22 2006, 11:24 PM
Post #14

Uncle Fisty

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6,928

Yep, in teh section about yakut, seeing rockmen walk around. IIRC, someone dismisses them as elementals.

+Quote Post
wind_in_the_ston...
post Nov 26 2006, 04:34 AM
Post #15

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,332

The Arcology Commercial and Housing Enclave is part apartments and part mall. Five floors of malls, supposedly the next 200 are residential, and the top floors sealed off. 150,000 residents. As low-income housing in the middle of downtown, it's mostly sealed off - travel by residents is restricted. Everything is provided for the residents - food, clothing, opportunities to serve the greater good by particpating in corporate experiments...

p.117, Runner Havens

Ever play paranoia? :twirl:

+Quote Post
SL James
post Nov 26 2006, 06:47 AM
Post #16

Shadowrun Setting Nerd

QUOTE (Grinder)
There is an obsidiman reference in SoA, I know it. I'll check the book tomorrow.

Tomorrow has come and gone. Anyway, since I'm bored.

QUOTE (SOA @ 143)
> Speaking of the Draco Foundation, on Olkhon Island, people apparently have started seeing rock-beings wandering around. I think it’s fake, but a lot of serious people seem interested, including the Draco Foundation and the Apep Consortium.
> Magister

> What, you’ve never seen an earth elemental?
> Wycche

> It’s not an earth elemental. I saw one of these rock-things further east, past Ulan Ude. Sorry to burst your bubble, but it’s just an Evenk variation of the Stoneskin spell. The astral signature was weird, though.
> Baba Yaga

+Quote Post
Grinder
post Nov 26 2006, 09:03 AM
Post #17

Great, I'm a Dragon...

I didn't have the time to look for it. Thank you for doing so :)

+Quote Post
SL James
post Nov 26 2006, 11:12 PM
Post #18

Shadowrun Setting Nerd

No problem.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 08:05 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.