Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cybermantics, when did it come out
Chaos
post Oct 26 2003, 12:07 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,844

Does anyone know the earliest possible time that cybermanitcs were avalible.
not known about, but possible.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Digital Heroin
post Oct 26 2003, 12:18 AM
Post #2

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 4,302

*wracks brain* Not sure... I believe they were first introduced in the Cybertechnology book... I just don't have my books avaliable... *then again, checks PDF backups* Nope... no backup, and my physical copy is in NY, while my meat body is in B.C.

+Quote Post
spotlite
post Oct 26 2003, 12:29 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,752

Now this might be a red herring because I don't think the Tir elves are into it, but I beleive in the old tir tairngire book there was reference to someone encountered defending a compound who had a really weird aura, which in relation to the topic at the time they thought might have been a human clone. But it might not have been. it was described iirc as feeling ... wrong.

If an example of cybermancy (given the astral hazing), then this would be back in 2053ish. The elves did exhibit a higher level of magical aptitude (references to sean laverty having an anchored bullet barrier before it was a known ability) so I've no doubt they could've known how to do cybermancy if they'd put their minds to it.

But that's the earliest thing I can think of which might have been cybermancy, if a Gm wanted to see it that way.

+Quote Post
Tanka
post Oct 26 2003, 12:43 AM
Post #4

Chrome to the Core

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 5,715

Remembering dates... I think Cybertechnology is 2057, and Shadowtech is the earlier one (2052, right?). TT is about '54, and the one about the aura feeling wrong pushed me towards Cybermancy a little bit.

It's really all up to your GM to decide whether or not Cybermancy was around way before Cybertechnology or just a little before. Upon reading that, I believe it came from the Elves. However, it's theorized that it requires Blood Magic, so it could've also come from any number of places, including Aztlan.

Who knows, maybe it was an Elvish Aztlaner?

+Quote Post
Rock-Steady
post Oct 26 2003, 01:00 AM
Post #5

Target

Member No.: 1,934

If we take novels into account i would say "Never trust an elf".

There where three of them.

+Quote Post
Tanka
post Oct 26 2003, 01:06 AM
Post #6

Chrome to the Core

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 5,715

Novels aren't entirely canon. If they were, I'd go with it, but they usually aren't, so I still have to say TT is the "first" source, even if in theory.

+Quote Post
Siege
post Oct 26 2003, 03:49 AM
Post #7

Dragon

Member No.: 3,916

Given the inherent nastiness of cybermancy and how they tend to alienate the magically-inclined, I'd think it was corp-based.

The Tir is founded on powerful magics, which to my mind makes cybermantic soldiers counter-productive.

Just a hunch though.

-Siege

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Oct 26 2003, 03:54 AM
Post #8

Immoral Elf

Member No.: 2,486

QUOTE (tanka)
Novels aren't entirely canon. If they were, I'd go with it, but they usually aren't, so I still have to say TT is the "first" source, even if in theory.

Actually, the novels are considered to be canon, with very few exceptions.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 06:48 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.