Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Potency?
Prime Mover
post Nov 29 2006, 03:48 PM
Post #1

Shooting Target

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 9,313

Anyone considering or still using Potency rules for corrupted/twisted ? I wouldnt use it with toxic,blood or insect mages but gives your antagonists more then just flavor and doesnt hurt plotline either when can give the team a timeline to stop there antagonist from becomeing too powerful.

Just saying has to be some lure to darker powers other then just flavor, if nothing else then to help keep encounters a challenge along lines of toxic,blood and insect casters.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hyzmarca
post Nov 29 2006, 04:15 PM
Post #2

Midnight Toker

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,456

My view is that Threat Magicians can regain Edge by performing horrific acts.

This allows a Threat to use Edge far more often than a normal character would be able to, so long as he has some babies handy or something.

+Quote Post
NightmareX
post Nov 29 2006, 04:15 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,687

Yes and no. I'm considering reinstituting it for toxic, blood, and insect mages, as I feel they "cross the line" moreso than corrupted individuals (avengers, zealots, Faustian mages, necromancers, etc) and potency would be an excellent way to respresent that. Because really, if "dark" is what we are to judge corruption by Black magicians (read - LeVeyan Satanists) definitely qualify, but they are still considered non-corrupted. But I do see the reason why they took it out of Street Magic.

+Quote Post
NightmareX
post Nov 29 2006, 04:16 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,687

QUOTE (hyzmarca)

This allows a Threat to use Edge far more often than a normal character would be able to, so long as he has some babies handy or something.

That has potential...

+Quote Post
Prime Mover
post Nov 29 2006, 04:21 PM
Post #5

Shooting Target

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 9,313

Hmm like idea of edge, it would stay with 4th edition without haveing to create house rule from scratch. That along with tradition flavored spirits and maybe spirit pact could definetly make serious threat out of corrupted/twisted.

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Nov 29 2006, 09:15 PM
Post #6

Immoral Elf

Member No.: 2,486

QUOTE (hyzmarca)

Damn good idea!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 12:51 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.