Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Potency?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Prime Mover
Anyone considering or still using Potency rules for corrupted/twisted ? I wouldnt use it with toxic,blood or insect mages but gives your antagonists more then just flavor and doesnt hurt plotline either when can give the team a timeline to stop there antagonist from becomeing too powerful.

Just saying has to be some lure to darker powers other then just flavor, if nothing else then to help keep encounters a challenge along lines of toxic,blood and insect casters.

hyzmarca
My view is that Threat Magicians can regain Edge by performing horrific acts.

This allows a Threat to use Edge far more often than a normal character would be able to, so long as he has some babies handy or something.
NightmareX
Yes and no. I'm considering reinstituting it for toxic, blood, and insect mages, as I feel they "cross the line" moreso than corrupted individuals (avengers, zealots, Faustian mages, necromancers, etc) and potency would be an excellent way to respresent that. Because really, if "dark" is what we are to judge corruption by Black magicians (read - LeVeyan Satanists) definitely qualify, but they are still considered non-corrupted. But I do see the reason why they took it out of Street Magic.
NightmareX
QUOTE (hyzmarca)

This allows a Threat to use Edge far more often than a normal character would be able to, so long as he has some babies handy or something.

That has potential...
Prime Mover
Hmm like idea of edge, it would stay with 4th edition without haveing to create house rule from scratch. That along with tradition flavored spirits and maybe spirit pact could definetly make serious threat out of corrupted/twisted.
Fortune
QUOTE (hyzmarca)

Damn good idea!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012