Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Teamwork and social skills
Scandalous
post Dec 8 2006, 03:24 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,740

Can a group of runners help the primary character with opposed tests that are social?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ryu
post Dec 8 2006, 04:01 PM
Post #2

Awakened Asset

Member No.: 7,309

Yes, but only if the GM finds it appropiate for the situation. Sometimes "speaking with multiple voices" is a severe disatvantage.

+Quote Post
Konsaki
post Dec 8 2006, 04:05 PM
Post #3

Runner

Member No.: 8,445

I figure for teamwork on social tests, you basicly are trying to nod, shake your head, or murmer yes's or no's at the right time to add effect of being a group.
To do this though, I would have each person trying to help roll a Social test with the skill being whatever the main person is trying to do. So you cant have someone try and help by using their negotiations when the lead person is trying to Intimidate someone.

+Quote Post
Ophis
post Dec 8 2006, 04:10 PM
Post #4

Mystery Archaeologist

Member No.: 7,760

I allow people to teamwork with different skills, think of is a Good Cop/Bad Cop type approach, one runner tries to buy the info all pleasant like while others wonder around the targets house muttering about fire risks, Obviously how much of this helps depends on the target.

+Quote Post
ElFenrir
post Dec 8 2006, 04:21 PM
Post #5

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 7,337

The Good Cop/Bad Cop is a good example....but sometimes, in the case of social skills, too many cooks spoil the stew. Trying to use four peoples support for a total of five might make the team look indecisive or like they dont know what to do. Or just adds too many voice. I'd say id allow a maximum of two to help with normal situations.

Intimidation, however...the more, the scarier. So i'd let that run with as many as needed.

+Quote Post
Ophis
post Dec 8 2006, 04:40 PM
Post #6

Mystery Archaeologist

Member No.: 7,760

I think mostly like most team work this is a matter of looking at everything in a case by case manner, in Negotiations I'd limit the numbers, but for intimidation purposes go to town! I'd also allow a large group to work a social gathering for info by using etiquette.

+Quote Post
Cheops
post Dec 8 2006, 06:35 PM
Post #7

Shooting Target

Member No.: 392

Negotiations in RL are good examples of team work. Perfect examples would be union reps and management renegotiating a contract. Usually people go into those meetings with scripts as to what they are supposed to do.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 11:11 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.