IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> RL news, Former employee, logic bomb, stocks...
PBTHHHHT
post Dec 14 2006, 06:23 AM
Post #1

Neophyte Runner

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,327

So this guy tried to profit off his old company by taking advantage of some logic bomb he planted on the computers that would cause a lot of damage. It's a very brief article, but hey, I see it has something that would happen a lot in the shadowrun world.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061213/ap_on_...e/computer_bomb
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kesslan
post Dec 14 2006, 06:59 AM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 10,116

Yeah thats definately one way of doing it and it -could- have worked the way he was hoping it to (Reducing the company stock value). Though I doubt it woul dhave immedately caused a drop in stock in the first place, but either way it wasnt -that- bad of a plan, except they obviously figgured out who had planted the logic bomb.

+Quote Post
Snow_Fox
post Dec 14 2006, 01:38 PM
Post #3

Prime Runner

Member No.: 1,221

and once they know, in the SR world you might get a visit from a Company Man who considers you a problem to be expedited.

This is the sort of thing that they try to prevent by not letting you go back to your desk when they fire you, so you cannot set off bombs.

One place where i was laid off let me go back and grab some personal files, because they knew what sort of a person I was and that I wouldn't abuse the right, but in general it's the ol' heave ho and your pass words get flushed.

+Quote Post
ShadowDragon8685
post Dec 14 2006, 01:48 PM
Post #4

Horror

Member No.: 7,445

In the 6th World, the only "logic bomb" you need is the one that convinces CorpSec that all exeutives, company hackers, company riggers, company men and company security employees are in fact enemy sec agents who have infiltrated to the highest level, thus locking them out of the system and setting the system itself on a berzerk rampage.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 10:03 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.