Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RL news
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
PBTHHHHT
So this guy tried to profit off his old company by taking advantage of some logic bomb he planted on the computers that would cause a lot of damage. It's a very brief article, but hey, I see it has something that would happen a lot in the shadowrun world.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061213/ap_on_...e/computer_bomb
Kesslan
Yeah thats definately one way of doing it and it -could- have worked the way he was hoping it to (Reducing the company stock value). Though I doubt it woul dhave immedately caused a drop in stock in the first place, but either way it wasnt -that- bad of a plan, except they obviously figgured out who had planted the logic bomb.
Snow_Fox
and once they know, in the SR world you might get a visit from a Company Man who considers you a problem to be expedited.

This is the sort of thing that they try to prevent by not letting you go back to your desk when they fire you, so you cannot set off bombs.

One place where i was laid off let me go back and grab some personal files, because they knew what sort of a person I was and that I wouldn't abuse the right, but in general it's the ol' heave ho and your pass words get flushed.
ShadowDragon8685
In the 6th World, the only "logic bomb" you need is the one that convinces CorpSec that all exeutives, company hackers, company riggers, company men and company security employees are in fact enemy sec agents who have infiltrated to the highest level, thus locking them out of the system and setting the system itself on a berzerk rampage.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012