Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SR3 decking quick reference guide, a quick way to access rules and system
smoking-mirror
post Dec 14 2006, 01:34 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,229

hello code breakers from 'round the wired world !!

does anybody own or know where i can find a usefull and pertinent guide to matrix operation.

ok lets be more specific:

i need a tool running things this way:

"accessing a host" / operation name by the book/ utility needed / system ( skill vs TN )/ reference ( ie sourcebook name, page,.....)
" finding a file" /

see what i mean ?
a DB linking matrix operations in everyday english to the rule system.
when a player says to the GM (me) "i want to trace the commcall we have with the johnson" i don't want to spent hours searching through the, count them, three sourcebooks puting bits of rules together....you get the scope.

the rules and decking system is huge and intricated and even if i GM'ed SR since the good old days i'm a "matrix-illiterate"

ps
i tried to post this in the decking topic but for an unknown reason didn't manage to acces the reply interface :S

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ophis
post Dec 15 2006, 09:55 AM
Post #2

Mystery Archaeologist

Member No.: 7,760

I think you need the reference sheet at the back of VR 2.0 (the sr 3 matrix book) that has all of this I think apart from the mechanic for the operational utilities as they are alle sys rating- prog = TN for Computer skill opposed by System dice TN= detection factor.

I apologies if my terms are a little ropey and vague I haven't touched the SR3 matrix in a year.

+Quote Post
smoking-mirror
post Dec 15 2006, 04:03 PM
Post #3

Target

Member No.: 9,229

thanks a lot, i must now find my VR sourcebook.....

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:50 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.