Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SR3 decking quick reference guide
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
smoking-mirror
hello code breakers from 'round the wired world !!

does anybody own or know where i can find a usefull and pertinent guide to matrix operation.

ok lets be more specific:

i need a tool running things this way:

"accessing a host" / operation name by the book/ utility needed / system ( skill vs TN )/ reference ( ie sourcebook name, page,.....)
" finding a file" /

see what i mean ?
a DB linking matrix operations in everyday english to the rule system.
when a player says to the GM (me) "i want to trace the commcall we have with the johnson" i don't want to spent hours searching through the, count them, three sourcebooks puting bits of rules together....you get the scope.

the rules and decking system is huge and intricated and even if i GM'ed SR since the good old days i'm a "matrix-illiterate"

ps
i tried to post this in the decking topic but for an unknown reason didn't manage to acces the reply interface sarcastic.gif

Ophis
I think you need the reference sheet at the back of VR 2.0 (the sr 3 matrix book) that has all of this I think apart from the mechanic for the operational utilities as they are alle sys rating- prog = TN for Computer skill opposed by System dice TN= detection factor.

I apologies if my terms are a little ropey and vague I haven't touched the SR3 matrix in a year.
smoking-mirror
thanks a lot, i must now find my VR sourcebook.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012