Reply to this topicStart new topic
> CCG, How many in a pack?
tisoz
post Dec 22 2006, 08:07 PM
Post #1

Free Spirit

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 1,920

Concerning the SR CCG, how many cards came in a starter pack? How many in a Booster pack? In an Underworld Booster pack?

Thanks in advance.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Dec 22 2006, 08:32 PM
Post #2

Immoral Elf

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,486

There were 80 Cards (of all types) in the Starter Packs, and 15 in the Booster Packs (including Underworld Boosters).

+Quote Post
tisoz
post Dec 22 2006, 09:32 PM
Post #3

Free Spirit

Member No.: 1,920

Did the boosters contain better cards? They seem more expensive per card.

+Quote Post
Vaevictis
post Dec 22 2006, 09:42 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,441

I don't know about the Shadowrun CCG in particular, but the industry standard for awhile there was 3 rares/80 cards with a starter pack, 1 rare/15 cards with a booster.

In other words, there was a slightly better ratio of "rare" cards in the booster packs than in the starters.

Also -- and again, I'm not speaking to Shadowrun CCG in particular, just CCG's in general -- booster packs tended to have a lower ratio of the necessary but nearly valueless super-common cards (such as basic lands in MTG) than the starter packs.

Usually, you could buy a starter pack or two and get enough of this type of card and never need another one.

+Quote Post
adamu
post Dec 23 2006, 11:45 AM
Post #5

Snakehandler

Member No.: 8,508

Merciless scum forcing me to relive the trauma I experienced on learning the SRTCG was being discontinued---

But the thing about the starter packs was that they all had at least 6 Objective cards, necessary to play a game. The booster packs rarely had objective cards at all.

But there were not 'super-common' cards just rare, uncommon and common (oh, and promo cards, but that doesn't count for this discussion). Vaevictus is right, there were 1 rare in a booster and three in a starter.
I think uncommons ran three per booster and about 15 per starter, but I may be a bit off there.

tisoz - why do you ask - have you found a place you can still get back-inventory of new decks, boosters?

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Dec 23 2006, 01:37 PM
Post #6

Immoral Elf

Member No.: 2,486

QUOTE (adamu)
have you found a place you can still get back-inventory of new decks, boosters?

There's a few places on the net that you can find them available. I used one of the sales sites (don't remember which, but you can easily Google it) to check my facts before posting my original answer. :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:30 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.