Reply to this topicStart new topic
> List of "cryptids" for creating critters
Backgammon
post Dec 27 2006, 06:11 PM
Post #1

Ain Soph Aur

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 600

I came across the word "cryptid" while reading an article, and wikipediaed it cause I wasn't sure what that meant. Wiki gave me a nice little page with a list of mythic/imaginary animals, which I though perfect for thgose looking to create some critters to spice up a game.

So enjoy!

List of cryptids
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Moon-Hawk
post Dec 27 2006, 06:29 PM
Post #2

Genuine Artificial Intelligence

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,715

oi, that's a big list. I wouldn't mind if people reading it pointed out any particularly interesting ones.

+Quote Post
Butterblume
post Dec 27 2006, 06:47 PM
Post #3

Running Target

Member No.: 8,081

No drop bears? I believe the article is incomplete. (After all, I read about drop bears not only in the book 'The Last Continent', but also in National geographic).

+Quote Post
DeadNeon
post Dec 28 2006, 11:36 AM
Post #4

Target

Member No.: 6,299

One of my favorite cryptids was always the Sucuriju. I've actually been mucking about making it into a slightly modified version of the snake totem for an NPC in my game.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 02:22 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.