Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New Orleans -In With the Family, OOC - comparing notes
Callidus
post Apr 4 2007, 06:56 PM
Post #226

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,668

As for legwork digging, so far Luigi has basically found out most of the previously listed info from legwork and nothing new.... Unless I've missed something of course *8->
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lady Door
post Apr 4 2007, 07:04 PM
Post #227

Dumpshock Widow aka Mrs Fisty

Member No.: 6,929

Does anyone else find it odd that people in New Orleans have become so jaded to voodoo that no bats an eye at the idea of someone raising zombies on a run?...
Just something to think about..
Oh, and I think I should get a CSP for using my screen name in my post. I rock.

+Quote Post
Callidus
post Apr 4 2007, 07:13 PM
Post #228

Moving Target

hehe

+Quote Post
Deva
post Apr 4 2007, 07:33 PM
Post #229

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,432

I really should be sleeping now, but 'cos I don't feel like it, I'm here to spend some time. ;)
Only original info Rayo found out was a guy called Jack, who's their contact but doesn't belong in to krewe. And that they like to smuggle guns -> they also have guns. Blaine and Eve should be also known to all.

And yeah, I laughed when read about "Plan B". :D

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Apr 4 2007, 10:46 PM
Post #230

Uncle Fisty

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6,928

That's right, I couldn't remember which one of you found out about Jack (and wasn't willing to look it up apparently). Thanks Deva. And nice post IC.

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Apr 5 2007, 10:57 PM
Post #231

Uncle Fisty

Sinn

Okay Sinn, here's the deal. At this point, even if Crash cart shows, you'll be dead by then. Lightning bolt, according to the BB, deals electrical damage which is stun. Which I think is stupid but oh well. So you're unconcious, and he hacks open your guts and breaks your leg. Which puts you at about 12-13 boxes physical daamage.

That's three boxes in to your overflw. You have 5 total, plus two from will to live. That means that they have 5-6 minutes to arrive and stabilize you. With a wound like that, there's no way you're going to be stabilized in time.

So if you want to live, use your Hand of God, burn a point of edge.
off. Crash cart will arrive in time with a mage wh can stabilize you enough at least. Then you'll be down for a bit, recovering in the hospital, and be alet o pick it up from there.

If you want, you can make Tommy Momalook in the mean time.

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Apr 5 2007, 11:03 PM
Post #232

Uncle Fisty

Everyone
I'm very much enjoying this thread so far, although I have to say the pace is maddeningly slow. What I'm considering doing is starting another thread for each individual character, and running them independatnly , basically running each person seperately on what ever their oown little self motivated plots are, as well as some runs that I'll come up with.

These would run more or less in synch with the current game.MAybe a week before or after, that sort of thing, so that they're not to far off from whats going on in the main track. Give you a chancce to expand on your characters, earn more karma, contacts, influnce, etc.

If anyone wants to do this with their charater, jsut let me know.

Events will spill over of course in tot the main one. Things you do can affect that. If your character dies in one of the off track ones, well, you've each got one Hand of God.

Deva I expect yo'll probably want to do this and that's just fine. Like I said, I can do a thread for each character. Let me know, respond in this thread.

+Quote Post
Lady Door
post Apr 5 2007, 11:04 PM
Post #233

I'm in. I've already been pretty much doing this in the IC thread. :)

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Apr 5 2007, 11:06 PM
Post #234

Uncle Fisty

yeah, well, that'll help the main thread stay in context more than. So that's one for Lucky.

In With the Family - Rise to Power - Lucky -------------- ON

In With the Family- Smugglers Run - Rayo --------------- ON

In With the Family - It's About Respect - Luigi - ---------- Pending

In With the Family - That Hoodoo that you do - Sinn ----- ON

In With the Family - In the Shadows- Streak - On

Let me know guys and I will edit this as appropriate

+Quote Post
Wraith235
post Apr 5 2007, 11:23 PM
Post #235

Moving Target

Member No.: 10,736

I'm good for it .... I have RPGA Tomorrow night tho so ya

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Apr 5 2007, 11:31 PM
Post #236

Uncle Fisty

Yours I was already running spereatley so i guess seperate thread would be more appropriate for you than anyone else.

In With the Family - In the Shadows- Streak - On

How's that sound?

+Quote Post
SinN
post Apr 6 2007, 12:12 AM
Post #237

Shooting Target

Member No.: 10,237

Im down. As long as my char lives that is. :rotfl:

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Apr 6 2007, 12:13 AM
Post #238

Uncle Fisty

The many death's of Sinn

#1 Shot down in a parking lot
- Oh Shit! Card used
#2 Poisoned wth Arsenic
-Metaplanar Quest
#3 Gunned down in a river boat
- saved with First Aid
#4 Drive-by
- Saved by mob prompt Medical Atrention
#5 Lighting Bolt and Eviscerated by Angry Voodoun Troll
- Hand of God for medical Attention via very fast CrashCart?

You're running out of lives there man. Maybe you should be a cat shaman.

+Quote Post
Deva
post Apr 6 2007, 05:37 AM
Post #239

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,432

Well... fine to me. And it's Rayo. ;)

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Apr 6 2007, 05:38 AM
Post #240

Uncle Fisty

Damn it. I'll get it right eventually.

Ok, here's what I'm looking at for these. First of all, let me know if you have some of your own stuff you want to do first, and just have me GM it for you, or if you want me to have set 'runs' for you.

Second, each person is going to start their own thread, with the names that I set above. It'll make it a lot easier for me to find the proper thread for everyone. Look at Plan B's for an example.

Any questions?

+Quote Post
Wraith235
post Apr 6 2007, 06:09 AM
Post #241

Moving Target

thread started

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Apr 6 2007, 06:12 AM
Post #242

Uncle Fisty

where ? I don't see one with your name on it.

+Quote Post
Wraith235
post Apr 6 2007, 06:16 AM
Post #243

Moving Target

sorry at a lan game and was talking to someone hehe

+Quote Post
Grinder
post Apr 6 2007, 09:42 AM
Post #244

Great, I'm a Dragon...

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 5,698

His Mulititasking-Fu is weak. :grinbig:

+Quote Post
Callidus
post Apr 6 2007, 12:00 PM
Post #245

Moving Target

Well it seems the way we're going *8-> So I'll go for the multithreading *8-> Not sure Luigi's got anything specifically personal planned or coming up.... well apart from that pesky Parole Officer *8->

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Apr 6 2007, 03:50 PM
Post #246

Uncle Fisty

It's up to you. Luigi's will probably be a bit more run o' the mill mob work and good ol fashion leg breaking.

I do want to emphasize that I want to keep the main thread going strong. That's my focus. but the pace is slow and character advancement will be as well.

CAlliduss, once you start your thread, I'll get it rolling.

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Apr 8 2007, 10:13 PM
Post #247

Uncle Fisty

Ok, as I mentioned before, this game is obviously going to take longer to more along than a standard table top would because of having to wait for everyone's replies. So that everyone will actually be able to advance their charaters, I'll be awarding karma along the way now, not just at the end of a run. Here's some examples of more ways to earn:
  • Creative posts - this can be just well thought out posts, but also includes a lot of IC innermonologue or descriptions of settingm tech interection, that sort of thing. Please not so much that every post becomes a collections of short stories though.
  • DYI - Self motivated plot hooks or opurtunities for advancement, ways to make money, etc. ex: instead of "I sit and wait" something like "go build a drone for drone combat tournaments" that sort of thing.
  • Humor - Make people laugh and the thread more enjoyable over all, that's good stuff. Dead pan ,cynicism, and sarcasm are welcome as well.
  • Driving the plot - Helping to keep things moving along is always a big plus
  • Character Development - Playing online gives a rare oppurtunity to develop the character's personality more because you can actually type up what the character is thinking. This is a "Good Thing".
  • PC/NPC interactions - going along with good posts, good role playing between NPCs and PCs is important and gives the game a lot more life.

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Apr 8 2007, 10:27 PM
Post #248

Uncle Fisty

So now, Karma, in alphabetical order:

Callidus/Luigi
  • PC Interaction - 1 point karma
  • Roleplaying - 1 point karma
  • Humor -1 point karma
Deva/Rayo
  • PC Interaction - 1 point karma
  • RolePlaying - 1 point karma
  • Humor - 2 point karma
  • DIY Work - 1 point karma
  • Creative Posts - 2 point karma
  • Char Devel - 1 point karma
Plan B/Lucky
  • PC Interaction - 2 point karma
  • Humor - 1 point karma
  • DIY Work -3 point karma
  • Creative posts - 1 point karma
  • Driving Plot - 1 point karma
  • Character Devel - 1 point karma

SinN/Sinn
  • PC/NPC Interaction - 2 point karma
  • Humor - 1 point karma
  • DIY Work - 1 point karma
  • Character Devel - 2 point karma
Wraith325/Streak
  • PC/NPC Interaction - 1 point karma
  • Humor - 1 point karma
  • DIY Work - 2 point karma
  • Char Devel -2 point karma

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Apr 9 2007, 12:13 AM
Post #249

Uncle Fisty

Still waiting on the "homework" for more karma as well.

+Quote Post
Lady Door
post Apr 9 2007, 04:23 AM
Post #250

Okay, so here's my first contribution to the character list for New Orleans. (Keep in mind that it is my first one, people.) :)

Average Runner #1

Tatiyana “Tattoo Annie” Frannelli

Tattoo Annie, or ‘Tatu’ as she’s known to her friends, is an up and comer within the New Orleans shadows. Her rep isn’t solid yet, but those that have worked with her have good things to say. Her specialty is wet-work, one of the few female hitters operating in the shadows. She’s rare, in the sense, that she’ll accept any job: women, kids, nuns… don’t matter. If the cred is good, she’s on it.
Tatu is human, appearing somewhere between her late 20’s and early 30’s. She’s tanned and muscular. Rumor has it that she did some work in the Arena when she was first starting out. Whether or not the rumor’s true, one thing is for certain; the woman can handle herself. Tatu’s fairly attractive (Charisma 4) but tends to hide her natural beauty behind heavy black eyeliner and heavy make-up. She has long black hair streaked with hot pink that she wears in a faux-hawk. Her signature bit is her tattoos. The girl is covered with them. Most of them revolve around a Heaven/Hell theme; her left side is Heaven… the right, Hell. Running down the right side of her face and neck are tattooed leopard spots. The rest of her look is glam-rock; ripped fishnets, fingerless gloves, lots of pleather. It’s a strange look for someone operating as a kick artist, but as long as the job gets done, no one seems to care.
Tatu’s prefers to work alone, claiming that a group would just “jam a girl up.” But, like a true Shadowrunner, she’ll work with whatever group you give her… if the price is right.

[ Spoiler ]

Average Runner #2

Griffon Santiago

Griffon’s a known name in New Orleans, though he hasn’t really done much to distinguish himself, though he also isn’t dead, either… which could be what makes him such a reliable runner. He’s a shaman, a follower of the… you guessed it, Griffon totem. Like his namesake, Griffon is a natural leader, heading up a group that calls themselves “The Flock” and aptly enough chills at a club called “The Aviary”.
Griffon is an elf, tall and golden. His hair is blonde and hangs down to the small of his back, his skin tanned to gold from time spent in the sun. His eyes have been either cybernetically enhanced or he wears custom contacts, money is on the contacts considering he’s a mage… either way, his eyes have taken on the appearance of the Griffon’s. He prefers to dress in lighter clothing; linens, cottons, etc. Favoring natural colors like khaki and brown.
Griffon is known to be pretty steady with a woman named Falcon, another member of his ‘Flock’. She’s pretty, in a severe sort of way… always wears her blonde hair tied back tight and she has a sharp nose and chin, making her profile fit her name.
A few years ago, ‘The Flock’ got themselves into some serious trouble with one of the krewe’s. Things looked to be heading to a serious throw down, when out of nowhere the krewe up and disappeared. Say what you will, most people think that Griffon had something to do with it. But, still... a krewe of 20 gone in one night? Might be something to think about when dealing with Griffon.

[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post

21 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:17 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.