IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> logging on to shadowland, how do you do it?
TheDrifter
post Jan 14 2007, 09:27 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,534

it always crashes my browser

firefox 2
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Jan 14 2007, 09:43 PM
Post #2

Manus Celer Dei

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 3,802

A few answers, ranging in degree of usefulness:

Upgrade your deck. If that doesn't work, you probably need to hack a new door—the cap'n closes them every so often to keep folks on their toes.

Email one of the SL admins, rather than posting on an unrelated site.

Try it in FF 1.[latest], and check that other Java applets work properly.

~J

+Quote Post
Muzzaro
post Jan 14 2007, 10:32 PM
Post #3

Target

Member No.: 8,089

We're on about SL6 right? It doesn't seem to be working now, although it was working a moment ago.

Does anyone still use it? It looks like it hasn't been updated for a while, site-wise.

+Quote Post
Wounded Ronin
post Jan 15 2007, 12:46 AM
Post #4

Great Dragon

Member No.: 6,383

I prefer to sit with a neural hat in a matrix cafe spamming AOL message boards with "HOW DO CHAT ON SHADOWLAND!!!!!!!????????????".

+Quote Post
SL James
post Jan 15 2007, 01:10 AM
Post #5

Shadowrun Setting Nerd

Group: Banned
From: Pissing on pedestrians from my electronic ivory tower.
Member No.: 7,473

QUOTE (Muzzaro @ Jan 14 2007, 04:32 PM)
Does anyone still use it? It looks like it hasn't been updated for a while, site-wise.

The code is old because Dave Hyatt checked out of the place years ago after he wrote RA:S and started designing Firefox and Safari. The server's the problem, btw, not the code. I clicked the enter button twice and logged in fine. The future of the site is not exactly static, but the admins and users with coding experience don't have the time and intimate familiarity of Netscape and Java that a Ph.D CS student did ten years ago and so it just goes very, very, very slowly in spite of very good reasons to kickstart it.

an SL7 would lower the confusion factor for new users. i shudder to think how a prospective SLer sees our site if there isn't anyone around to tell them "hey, don't scroll in chat" or "you have to enable autoscroll in the browser", etcetera. or, heck, even if there is someone.

And to answer your question, NO.
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

+Quote Post
Fix-it
post Jan 15 2007, 05:14 AM
Post #6

Creating a god with his own hands

Member No.: 3,364

QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
Upgrade your deck. If that doesn't work, you probably need to hack a new door—the cap'n closes them every so often to keep folks on their toes.

Winner.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 10:58 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.