Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: logging on to shadowland
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
TheDrifter
it always crashes my browser

firefox 2
Kagetenshi
A few answers, ranging in degree of usefulness:

Upgrade your deck. If that doesn't work, you probably need to hack a new door—the cap'n closes them every so often to keep folks on their toes.

Email one of the SL admins, rather than posting on an unrelated site.

Try it in FF 1.[latest], and check that other Java applets work properly.

~J
Muzzaro
We're on about SL6 right? It doesn't seem to be working now, although it was working a moment ago.

Does anyone still use it? It looks like it hasn't been updated for a while, site-wise.
Wounded Ronin
I prefer to sit with a neural hat in a matrix cafe spamming AOL message boards with "HOW DO CHAT ON SHADOWLAND!!!!!!!????????????".
SL James
QUOTE (Muzzaro @ Jan 14 2007, 04:32 PM)
Does anyone still use it? It looks like it hasn't been updated for a while, site-wise.

The code is old because Dave Hyatt checked out of the place years ago after he wrote RA:S and started designing Firefox and Safari. The server's the problem, btw, not the code. I clicked the enter button twice and logged in fine. The future of the site is not exactly static, but the admins and users with coding experience don't have the time and intimate familiarity of Netscape and Java that a Ph.D CS student did ten years ago and so it just goes very, very, very slowly in spite of very good reasons to kickstart it.

an SL7 would lower the confusion factor for new users. i shudder to think how a prospective SLer sees our site if there isn't anyone around to tell them "hey, don't scroll in chat" or "you have to enable autoscroll in the browser", etcetera. or, heck, even if there is someone.

And to answer your question, NO.
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
Fix-it
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
Upgrade your deck. If that doesn't work, you probably need to hack a new door—the cap'n closes them every so often to keep folks on their toes.

Winner.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012