IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Planing 1st decking, Am I thinking or not?
swe_wolfis
post Feb 12 2007, 06:56 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,207

Hi again,

I'm doing my first real decking on Wednesday and since I have never played a decker before(and neither has the GM) so I have tried to plan how I want the run to happen. Is this done correctly?

A target is hiding in his apartment and before the team goes in physical I want to see if there are any cameras and/or other security features. I know the physical address but not the LTG# to the computer system.

Novatech Hyperdeck
Browse(6), Deception (6), Spoof (6), Sleaze (6), Validate (6), Read/Write (4), Decrypt (5)

Computer 7
Hacking Pool 10.

Bod:3 Evasion:3 Masking:6 Sensor:6 DF:6
Masking Mode: Bod: 1 Masking 9 DF:8
If nothing else is said, 6 dice from Hacking Pool into DF=DF11

Log on to Seattle RTG( Matrix p.160 ) (Green-5 6/9/6/6/6)
Acesss6-Deception 6=TN2: Computer 7+4 hacking pool, 5 dice vs my detection factor.

Want to find a computer in South Bellevue Towers that controls security like elevators and cameras

Locate SAN(SR3 p.217)
Index6-Browse6=TN2: Computer 7+4 hacking pool, 5 dice vs my detection factor. Must get 5 net successes.

South Bellevue Towers is rundown apartment building so I guess that they have green-Easy

Log on to South Bellevue Towers LTG (only guessing host) (Green-6 10/9/8/8/9)
Acesss10-Deception 6=TN4: Computer 7+4 hacking pool, 5 dice vs my detection factor.

Validate Account(security access)
Control9(+2 for security account)-Validate 6=TN5: Computer 7+4 hacking pool, 6 dice vs my detection factor.

Then I am clear, unless I screwup and trigger any security.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pendaric
post Feb 12 2007, 07:16 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,047

Yes. Looks about right unless the hosts are harder/active deckers waiting for you or the ref veto's the optional rules.

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Feb 12 2007, 08:12 PM
Post #3

Manus Celer Dei

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 3,802

Remember, whenever planing decking material, always wear a breath mask and be certain you have the right type of plane—planing away a great deal of wood with a fine, finishing plane will take you all day, while trying to do final smoothing work with a very coarse plane is an exercise in futility.

~J

+Quote Post
Nyxll
post Feb 12 2007, 08:34 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,455

QUOTE (Kagetenshi @ Feb 12 2007, 03:12 PM)
Remember, whenever planing decking material, always wear a breath mask and be certain you have the right type of plane—planing away a great deal of wood with a fine, finishing plane will take you all day, while trying to do final smoothing work with a very coarse plane is an exercise in futility.

~J

Duh, why do you have to be so literal all the time. :P It was obvious that he was talking about an airplane. The jet engines and propellers make short work of any wood.

+Quote Post
Kyoto Kid
post Feb 13 2007, 01:35 AM
Post #5

Bushido Cowgirl

From: On the Double K Ranch a half day's ride out of Phlogiston Flats
Member No.: 7,490

QUOTE (Nyxll @ Feb 12 2007, 03:34 PM)
QUOTE (Kagetenshi @ Feb 12 2007, 03:12 PM)

~J

Duh, why do you have to be so literal all the time. :P It was obvious that he was talking about an airplane. The jet engines and propellers make short work of any wood.

...actually a 2 x 4 can wreak major havoc on the first stage compressors if ingested by a turbofan. Now the prop of an Allison 501 series tuboshaft (Lockheed C-130) at full RPMs, then your're talking splinter city.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 09:53 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.