Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Slide and Blades compatible?, Can you mix arm blades, and arm slide
Serial_Peacemake...
post Feb 24 2007, 06:05 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,483

Just out of random curiosity. Is it possible for a non-cybered individual to have both an arm slide, and those pop up arm blades on the same arm? Basically you would have one on the outer forearm, and one on the inner. I can see where you could get a no, but on the other hand it also doesn't seem THAT rediculous.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PBTHHHHT
post Feb 24 2007, 06:45 AM
Post #2

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 6,327

Kinda like the forearm snapblades? They're in the older editions, I can't remember if they're in 4th, don't have the book with me. :(

+Quote Post
Serial_Peacemake...
post Feb 24 2007, 07:19 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 10,483

Yes, the snap-blades SR4 has them. Had to check my book to make sure. I was just considering the mechanics of the two, and curious if you could put the snap-blade on one side, and the arm slide with gun on the other.

+Quote Post
Thane36425
post Feb 24 2007, 07:26 AM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 10,416

You might be able to do both if you had the blades come out backwards from the elbow. It would have less range forward but could give a nasty surprise to someone behind you.

+Quote Post
Glyph
post Feb 24 2007, 07:57 AM
Post #5

Great Dragon

Member No.: 1,449

It's a GM call. Forearm Snap-Blades are generally mounted on the outer forearm, since the blades extend along the back of the hand. The Hidden Gun Arm Slide, designed to be concealable, would be mounted on the inner forearm. So you could probably wear both at once.

It might be hard to trigger only one of them at a time using muscle movements, but they are both wireless-compatible. Get a skinlink, and you will be able to activate either of them with a mental command with minimal risk of being hacked. Like I said, a GM call. I would probably allow it, though.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 04:05 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.