Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Slide and Blades compatible?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Serial_Peacemaker
Just out of random curiosity. Is it possible for a non-cybered individual to have both an arm slide, and those pop up arm blades on the same arm? Basically you would have one on the outer forearm, and one on the inner. I can see where you could get a no, but on the other hand it also doesn't seem THAT rediculous.
PBTHHHHT
Kinda like the forearm snapblades? They're in the older editions, I can't remember if they're in 4th, don't have the book with me. frown.gif
Serial_Peacemaker
Yes, the snap-blades SR4 has them. Had to check my book to make sure. I was just considering the mechanics of the two, and curious if you could put the snap-blade on one side, and the arm slide with gun on the other.
Thane36425
You might be able to do both if you had the blades come out backwards from the elbow. It would have less range forward but could give a nasty surprise to someone behind you.
Glyph
It's a GM call. Forearm Snap-Blades are generally mounted on the outer forearm, since the blades extend along the back of the hand. The Hidden Gun Arm Slide, designed to be concealable, would be mounted on the inner forearm. So you could probably wear both at once.

It might be hard to trigger only one of them at a time using muscle movements, but they are both wireless-compatible. Get a skinlink, and you will be able to activate either of them with a mental command with minimal risk of being hacked. Like I said, a GM call. I would probably allow it, though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012