Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Reaction Enhancers..., ...And you!
Steak and Spirit...
post Mar 5 2007, 09:25 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,346

Reaction Enhancers. 10 Years go by, and now they don't work with anything worth working with. What a craptastic piece of gear. What's the point?

I bet those vintage 2060's Reaction Enhancers, compatible with everything, are selling for quite a lot on EBAY.

Shadowrun 4th Edition - Welcome to the Dark Ages.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ThreeGee
post Mar 5 2007, 09:34 AM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,858

The strangest thing is according to the RAW they work exactly the same as they've always done, it's only in the FAQ do they suddenly become useless.

Which is why this is one line of the FAQ I ignore.

+Quote Post
Leehouse
post Mar 5 2007, 02:19 PM
Post #3

Target

Member No.: 10,539

I thought it was more Wired Reflexes that don't work with anything.

+Quote Post
Steak and Spirit...
post Mar 5 2007, 02:29 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 9,346

I thought it was more Wired Reflexes that don't work with anything.

The FAQ specifically states Wired Reflexes, and leaves out the Bioware Equivalent. However, both Wired Reflexes and Synaptic Booster have the exact same text determining what they are compatible with, and imcompatible with.

So, the FAQ does not explicitly rule out Synaptic Boosters by name, but does so implicitly, simply because there are no differences in textual description between the two items.

+Quote Post
Leehouse
post Mar 5 2007, 02:32 PM
Post #5

Target

Member No.: 10,539

As they have the exact same text I thought Synaptic boosters didn't work with anything either.

Because in their text they specifically state that they don't work with any other form of initiative enhancement.

+Quote Post
hobgoblin
post Mar 5 2007, 02:48 PM
Post #6

panda!

Member No.: 2,242

implicitly

that is one word that always haunts someone that writes rules, laws or anything similar...

+Quote Post
Jestercat
post Mar 5 2007, 04:20 PM
Post #7

Target

Member No.: 8,074

Got that right, hogob. Hell, that's my doctoral thesis, trying to tell people that such idiocy is bad... ;)

Honesly, as long as you don't break the initiative pass cap I'd probably let you try to stack stuff in all kinds of crazy ways. That said, multiple cyber/bio systems trying to perform the same function should probably cost some extra Essence...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 08:34 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.