Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Reaction Enhancers...
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Steak and Spirits
Reaction Enhancers. 10 Years go by, and now they don't work with anything worth working with. What a craptastic piece of gear. What's the point?

I bet those vintage 2060's Reaction Enhancers, compatible with everything, are selling for quite a lot on EBAY.

Shadowrun 4th Edition - Welcome to the Dark Ages.
ThreeGee
The strangest thing is according to the RAW they work exactly the same as they've always done, it's only in the FAQ do they suddenly become useless.

Which is why this is one line of the FAQ I ignore.
Leehouse
I thought it was more Wired Reflexes that don't work with anything.
Steak and Spirits
I thought it was more Wired Reflexes that don't work with anything.

The FAQ specifically states Wired Reflexes, and leaves out the Bioware Equivalent. However, both Wired Reflexes and Synaptic Booster have the exact same text determining what they are compatible with, and imcompatible with.

So, the FAQ does not explicitly rule out Synaptic Boosters by name, but does so implicitly, simply because there are no differences in textual description between the two items.
Leehouse
As they have the exact same text I thought Synaptic boosters didn't work with anything either.

Because in their text they specifically state that they don't work with any other form of initiative enhancement.
hobgoblin
implicitly

that is one word that always haunts someone that writes rules, laws or anything similar...
Jestercat
Got that right, hogob. Hell, that's my doctoral thesis, trying to tell people that such idiocy is bad... wink.gif

Honesly, as long as you don't break the initiative pass cap I'd probably let you try to stack stuff in all kinds of crazy ways. That said, multiple cyber/bio systems trying to perform the same function should probably cost some extra Essence...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012