Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Questions about Karma Only Char Gen
Ravor
post Apr 4 2007, 11:55 PM
Post #1

Cybernetic Blood Mage

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,361

I seem to remember reading awhile back that some people were moving towards getting rid of BPs in general and building characters solely with Karma.

Anyways, I was wondering how it worked out and what levels of Karma seemed roughly balanced with 400-500 BPs...

Thanks..
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
6thDragon
post Apr 5 2007, 12:20 AM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 2,605

There were a variety of these for SR3 and I used them enthusiastically, but many players (especially new players) found it too complicated and confusing. I haven't seen any yet for SR4, but I'll certainly check up on this thread.

+Quote Post
FrankTrollman
post Apr 5 2007, 12:34 AM
Post #3

Prime Runner

Group: Banned
Member No.: 7,665

There is a reasonably functional set of house rules which include Karma-based character generation done up by Serbitar. Links to his rules are in his signature.

Personally, I don't use them, opting instead to hand out Karma that are the equal of build-points. You get the same advantage of removing "breakpoints" where chaarcters can min/max themselves into being superior over the long haul and the math is admittedly a lot easier.

The imbalance of using Build Points and Karma Costs in the same game is pretty intense over long games, so doing one or the other seems like a no-brainer.

-Frank

+Quote Post
Jaid
post Apr 5 2007, 02:07 AM
Post #4

Great Dragon

Member No.: 7,813

in point of fact, most of the stuff in SR4 really already has karma costs to it. you only really have to decide for race, contacts, and resources, as i recall, and then decide how much karma you want to hand out.

+Quote Post
Thanee
post Apr 5 2007, 07:41 AM
Post #5

jacked in

Group: Admin
Member No.: 463

QUOTE (Ravor)
I seem to remember reading awhile back that some people were moving towards getting rid of BPs in general and building characters solely with Karma.

I used a system like that back in SR2, but havn't done one for SR4 yet, since the chargen works alright for now. :)

Bye
Thanee

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 03:48 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.