Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Questions about Karma Only Char Gen
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Ravor
I seem to remember reading awhile back that some people were moving towards getting rid of BPs in general and building characters solely with Karma.

Anyways, I was wondering how it worked out and what levels of Karma seemed roughly balanced with 400-500 BPs...

Thanks..
6thDragon
There were a variety of these for SR3 and I used them enthusiastically, but many players (especially new players) found it too complicated and confusing. I haven't seen any yet for SR4, but I'll certainly check up on this thread.
FrankTrollman
There is a reasonably functional set of house rules which include Karma-based character generation done up by Serbitar. Links to his rules are in his signature.

Personally, I don't use them, opting instead to hand out Karma that are the equal of build-points. You get the same advantage of removing "breakpoints" where chaarcters can min/max themselves into being superior over the long haul and the math is admittedly a lot easier.

The imbalance of using Build Points and Karma Costs in the same game is pretty intense over long games, so doing one or the other seems like a no-brainer.

-Frank
Jaid
in point of fact, most of the stuff in SR4 really already has karma costs to it. you only really have to decide for race, contacts, and resources, as i recall, and then decide how much karma you want to hand out.
Thanee
QUOTE (Ravor)
I seem to remember reading awhile back that some people were moving towards getting rid of BPs in general and building characters solely with Karma.

I used a system like that back in SR2, but havn't done one for SR4 yet, since the chargen works alright for now. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012