> Guardian Spirit Elemental Attack, ...
Big D
post Apr 19 2007, 10:12 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,455

Stupid question...

What element is a Guardian Spirit's Elemental Attack? All other spirits with that power are elementals themselves, making it rather obvious.

Metal is about the only thing that comes to mind, though I could see an argument for Blast.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kronk2
post Apr 19 2007, 10:44 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 9,245

to me it would depend on the tradition of the person summoning the thing.

If Christian then fire, (flaming sword)
If Navaho then lightning.

Basically look at the mythology of it and approach that way.

If its the spirit of a Marine then Blast is most definitely appropriate.

+Quote Post
Jaid
post Apr 19 2007, 10:56 PM
Post #3

Great Dragon

Member No.: 7,813

i don't think the other spirit's elemental attacks are clearly defined at all, necessarily. probably the easiest one to demonstrate would be an air spirit, for example... is it electric? blast (powerful winds)? ice (an arctic wind)? water (a weather spirit)? sand (a desert spirit)? sound (thunder)?

other spirits can be similar. a fire spirit, for example, could have smoke, light, and fire quite easily. with a little bit of work, you could probably make it fit acid as well, and probably blast too.

in short, it really depends on precisely what kind of spirit you're summoning, as was mentioned earlier.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th May 2024 - 09:28 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.