IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Technomancers & Wired Connections, How do they interact?
McSass
post Apr 25 2007, 05:18 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,816

Greetings,

I am starting up an SR4 campaign after many years on hiatus. One of my players posed a question to which I had no immeadiate response. Perhaps someone on the forums could be of assistance.

How does a technomancers interact with a wired (NON-wireless) link? Do they have to get a datajack or are there other options?

How do technomancers feel about wired connections? Do they feel they are passe, or do they wax nostalgic?

I appreciate the advice.

Kindly,
McSass
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ornot
post Apr 25 2007, 05:36 PM
Post #2

Running Target

Member No.: 8,638

The general attitude seems to be that a TM uses a regular commlink as a kind of bridge, connecting the wires to the commlink and accessing the commlink wirelessly.

I'm personally inclined to allow a TM to interact through physical touch, partly 'cos I don't feel that a TM should need a commlink to interface with tech, and partly cos I like the image of a TM hacking an ATM just by touching it. Of course this would be a more likely image if there were any ATMs...

+Quote Post
Lagomorph
post Apr 25 2007, 06:16 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,832

Or a TM should be able to use trodes I guess...

+Quote Post
hobgoblin
post Apr 25 2007, 08:29 PM
Post #4

panda!

Member No.: 2,242

or it could be that any self-respecting TM will pack a fairly small, fairly cheap access point that he or she can plug into any available port...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:04 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.