Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A Fistful of Data, A review of the new novel
Rajaat99
post May 7 2007, 09:32 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,166

I didn't have high hopes of "A Fistful of Data" after reading the other new Shadowrun novels. Most of those were ok at best. However, "A Fistful of Data" was surprisingly much better than the previous books.
The plot is predictable and some of the characters are flat, but the villain is at least interesting and there's plenty of action. My two complaints is that you don't get attached to any of the "good guys" and the climax is rather anti-climatic.
I would not say it was a must read, but it is entertaining. It's the best of the new novels so far.
Warning: Spoilers are contained below.
[ Spoiler ]

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2bit
post May 7 2007, 09:37 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,526

previous discussion can be found here.

I picked up this book after many DSers recommended it; I rarely read books to be honest. I thought it was entertaining overall, but I have many of the same reservations that you mention.

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post May 7 2007, 10:00 PM
Post #3

Manus Celer Dei

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 3,802

There should be a law requiring that any one fictional universe have at most one reference to the title of Per un pugno di dollari.

~J

+Quote Post
Rajaat99
post May 9 2007, 03:28 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 3,166

QUOTE (2bit)
previous discussion can be found here.

I picked up this book after many DSers recommended it; I rarely read books to be honest. I thought it was entertaining overall, but I have many of the same reservations that you mention.

Dagnabbit, I did a search before posting. Stupid search thingie. Anyway, it's not 4th ed setting, so it belongs here anyway.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 08:04 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.