Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A Fistful of Data
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Rajaat99
I didn't have high hopes of "A Fistful of Data" after reading the other new Shadowrun novels. Most of those were ok at best. However, "A Fistful of Data" was surprisingly much better than the previous books.
The plot is predictable and some of the characters are flat, but the villain is at least interesting and there's plenty of action. My two complaints is that you don't get attached to any of the "good guys" and the climax is rather anti-climatic.
I would not say it was a must read, but it is entertaining. It's the best of the new novels so far.
Warning: Spoilers are contained below.
[ Spoiler ]

2bit
previous discussion can be found here.

I picked up this book after many DSers recommended it; I rarely read books to be honest. I thought it was entertaining overall, but I have many of the same reservations that you mention.
Kagetenshi
There should be a law requiring that any one fictional universe have at most one reference to the title of Per un pugno di dollari.

~J
Rajaat99
QUOTE (2bit)
previous discussion can be found here.

I picked up this book after many DSers recommended it; I rarely read books to be honest. I thought it was entertaining overall, but I have many of the same reservations that you mention.

Dagnabbit, I did a search before posting. Stupid search thingie. Anyway, it's not 4th ed setting, so it belongs here anyway.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012