IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Hive Deep Metaplane, Ares space station?
Trax
post May 11 2007, 10:26 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,924

I've scanned through SR3 and SR4 books trying to find this one damned piece of information. I know they often travel to this Deep Metaplane and have taken multiple precautions to prevent the Bugs from following back, but I have this one problem:

Where and what book mentions that Ares does this on a space station, where they've got plants so the mages can do their stuff without being in a void. I believe that there was also this chair that they would sit in when they would go astral.

I'm positive that this is in one of the sourcebooks. Unless I'm confusing it with several other stuff. Can anyone here shed some light on this, or am I just crazy? :silly:
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Synner
post May 11 2007, 10:59 AM
Post #2

Runner

Member No.: 185

The references to Eden and the Hive you are looking for are in the intro fiction of the chapter on Astral Space and the Metaplanes in Street Magic for SR4 (which is, at least partly, inspired in a few lines from an SR2 short story about an Insect spirit sent to kill Damien Knight).

+Quote Post
Ancient History
post May 11 2007, 11:45 AM
Post #3

Great Dragon

Member No.: 2,935

Re: Ares space stations, there's some supporting background material in Target: Wastelands.
[/edit]Hunter and Prey by Tom Dowd, the short story Syn was talking about.

+Quote Post
Trax
post May 11 2007, 06:35 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,924

Man, I feel like an idiot now. I didn't think of checking the first freaking page dealing with the planes. So I was semi right. I did get the references confused together. Some parts were in Target: Wastelands as AH mentioned, a bit more further into the Street Magic book where it talks about The Hive, and then Pg. 111 itself, with the exact story I was thinking about.

Thanks a lot guys.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 08:07 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.