IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sub Design Questions, ...it's that time again.
LordHaHa
post May 15 2007, 03:15 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,944

More questions. :P

This time, I'm looking into designing a sub from scratch. I may have some naval actions occuring in my campaign at some point in the future, and I'm looking to have a sub or two pop up.

But I'm having some problems with the submarine rules presently. I've dilligently studied SR3 & R3 to no avail, so I'm just asking for some clarifications from the Rigger-fu masters. Some of these questions are based off some stuff I saw in the back of the book.

1. The numbers in parentheses in the Speed, Acceleration and Signature ratings are used instead of the normal ratings when a sub is switched on to it's alternate power source, correct?

2. If one adjusts the Speed of a sub (or ship!), does the Cavitation Threshold adjust itself at a rate defined in some table I haven't found yet or is it time to break out my calculator (to find out the rate at which the Cavitation Threshold increases per the increase in speed of the vessel)? Not that I'm complaining about the later route, but it's not the most ideal.

That's all for now. As before, I do appriciate any help given.

LordHaHa
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post May 15 2007, 03:47 AM
Post #2

Manus Celer Dei

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 3,802

#1 appears to be correct. #2 requires actual thought which I'm too tired for.

~J

+Quote Post
Thufar_Hawat
post May 15 2007, 10:53 AM
Post #3

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,525

i thought the different ratings for speed accel etc. were for submerged and surface travel.

I'll have to check to be sure.

Ash

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 01:29 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.